Sort out the game ffs it's getting ridiculous

• The below quote is taken from the latest patch notes just to illuminate the fact that i’m not the only one having issues.

@B4RK:

HALT THE PATCH, PLEASE
    Completely fucks up frame rendering

Stat fps says I get the normal value, but everything in the game stutters like I was playing on 40 tops.
    Also, my amplifier picks up a sound that adjusts after the fps in any running application (don’t ask, I don’t know wtf is up with that) and I can literally hear that the game is working much slower than stat fps says it does.

I noticed this in the beta as well, but I’m not sure I ever complained about it in the thread :L

Edit: I’m actually not sure if it’s as bad as I say it is, but you definitively messed something up on the technical aspect, TB.

Edit2: No, it’s definitively as bad as I say.

I’ve been noticing every single patch that its gotten worse and worse. I’m on a amd 7970 and an intel i7 quad @ 4ghz and 32gb ddr3 ram and the game runs like shit. I didn’t thikn it would keep getting any worse but this patch it actually did. Now I can’t even maintain 120fps on moor on lowest graphic settings with only 2 people on it! On public to’s I get like 30-50 fps sometimes when its at its worst and that sonly with around 20 people on the server!

There’s been alot of pathes I dislike in this game, but i’ve adapted and I’ve just mostly let it go. But this ruins it for me. I don’t enjoy playing the game anymore if I can’t even maintain good fps on lowest settings. When this game was new, I maintained 120 fps on HIGH SETTINGS @ 1080p. Now I struggle to keep it above 60 in team games.

Another worrying thing was when I exchanged words with a torn banner employee on a server a while ago (yes I’m sure it was really him because he was helping out crushed with that map he released a while ago) is that when I mentioned these performance problems. All he had to say was “60 fps i fine”.

So because they think the game is fine at 60 fps it means that they can just completely ignore performance problems and worthless optimization of the game? Some games are fine at 40-60fps but chiv isnt one of them. It feels so incredibly choppy, it hurts my eyes, the responsiveness of the keyboard and mouse input is beyond worthless. Even at 120fps chivalry feels pretty unresponsive compared to many other games and way less smooth and fluid. So no, I don’t buy the concept that 60fps is enough. And even if I did, now we can’t even maintain 60fps properly so.

Seriously. Screw you. Why do you fuck with a product we’ve payed good money for? I’ll never trust torn banner again, it’s one thing to mess with the gameplay but now they’re ruining the ability to even run the fucking game properly.

Just revert the game to what it was before even the content patch, remove the fucking duel mode, rmeove the fucking altswing remove all the shity animations and timings and ESPECIALLY THE DISGUSTING BUBBLE and all shit you’ve implemented that just doesn’t fucking work as intended.

The only fix we ever wanted for this game was removal of that silly idle flinch bug but you went and overdid it and changed too much shit when the game was in fact pretty much fine after the initial feint nerfs you did early on. Instead of digging that hole of yours deeper and deeper, just fucking revert.

The game was so much more fluid back when it was new, even my old videos shows that so its not just my imagination or distorded memories. Combat was fluid, responsive and fun. YOu didn’t get stuck in wierd animation states and recoveries and the game didn’t stop you from doing wtf you wanted to do. And most importantly the game FREAKIN RAN AT HIGH FPS AT HIGH SETTINGS HOW DID YOU EVEN SCREW THAT UP?

Also im rank 80 now, where’s my helmet(s)?

• One patch the performance is good the next its awful and performance wise nothing was changed.

TBS pls sort out your programmers.

• man i’ve been saying this shit for days, and i was complaining that i couldn’t play the beta because my fps was total shit… the one that introduced the dlc skins. I asked everyone else and everyone said their frames were fine. reported over and over and just had post after post completely engulf my posts about the fps issues. The last like 4-5 patches have dropped my fps little by little each tme, but it was still playable at least like 100-115 fps instead of 120 where i used to get 120 constant every game every map.

This patch however, just like you said i can get as low as like 40-60fps on 120… and even lower at times and battlegrounds is by far the worst one now.

NOT A PLACEBO!

• I’d love to know what it’s linked to. Someone mentioned launching it direct from the steam file instead of from steam. I haven’t tested it yet, got coffee to drink. Just out of curiosity. Do you guys get higher FPS running the game at 32bit or 64bit? I notice a huge improvement at 32bit for some strange reason.

• @Tyoson:

I’d love to know what it’s linked to. Someone mentioned launching it direct from the steam file instead of from steam. I haven’t tested it yet, got coffee to drink. Just out of curiosity. Do you guys get higher FPS running the game at 32bit or 64bit? I notice a huge improvement at 32bit for some strange reason.

No noticable difference for me if I run it in 32 or 64-bit mode.

• Yeah, game feels like crap atm. I’ve honestly had more fun stomping pubs than hanging on the old duel servers since these last patches because dragged attacks and feints and reverses and z stabs and shit have like 2 frames in the entire animation now. Game cant handle all the shit it allows you to do and then fps is starting to take a shit on top of it all.

• @Tyoson:

I’d love to know what it’s linked to. Someone mentioned launching it direct from the steam file instead of from steam. I haven’t tested it yet, got coffee to drink. Just out of curiosity. Do you guys get higher FPS running the game at 32bit or 64bit? I notice a huge improvement at 32bit for some strange reason.

Tried both these things. Even tried launching it 32-bit from the steam file. None of it helped.

• Just tried my own suggestions. It’s worse then before the patch. Was about 6 v 6. Never felt a game so choppy in my life and I’ve played Crysis on a laptop.

• My fps drops especially when people are getting hit or I am giving hits. Not really optimal for the combat.

• I have a older computer and I’ve noticed that after every new patch the game runs noticeably worse than before. I have not tested the new patch out yet, but something is wrong with how TBS is making their patches.

• @Jimmie:

I have a older computer and I’ve noticed that after every new patch the game runs noticeably worse than before. I have not tested the new patch out yet, but something is wrong with how TBS is making their patches.

This. I’ve been saving it for months…

• Framerates are horrible. Attacks are just instant because there are no frames lol.

Oh boy everyone grinding noobs in ffa to powerlevel ^^

• rank 80 lmfao there is no way any 1 is rank 80 in 18 months fool.
    for 1 that’s almost 2 million kills

and 2
    that’s over 200 kills every hour of everyday that the game has been out nonstop 24/7 365 days a year non stop and
    unless your a cyborg hooked up to a pc and chained to a desk your full of shit and not legit.

I hope your game deletes itself and perma bans you from chiv and steam

• @WARSAW:

rank 80 lmfao there is no way any 1 is rank 80 in 18 months fool.

and 2
    that’s over 200 kills every hour of everyday that the game has been out nonstop 24/7 365 days a year non stop and
    unless your a cyborg hooked up to a pc and chained to a desk your full of shit and not legit.

Can’t tell if serious.

• serious.

do you honestly think any1 is rank 80 already Lemon?

I mean common you yourself are over 50 if I remember correct,
    you yourself should know how crazy this dude sounds saying hes rank 80

• @WARSAW:

rank 80 lmfao there is no way any 1 is rank 80 in 18 months fool.

and 2

Bots, WARSAW, bots.

Out of all people, you’re the last person I expected to be against xp farming.

Oh, irony.

Edit: As I said in a previous thread, I can think of a very quick way to reach something as high as rank 80. No point grinding experience further than the glorious pink helmet, though.

• im not against playing the game with bots brotha, they actually kill me more then any humans ever do which is really funny to me, since humans are predicatble and the ai isn’t, all you can predict about unreal ai is that are gonna try and kill you.
    its hilarious watching some people come to my server and get steamrolled hard by a few bots,let alone the players there.
    I don’t care how good you think you are, in the TO maps they will mow you down repetitively and put some hair on your chest lol.

the bots on my server just help populate it and add to the mayhem and intensity you get there, sure as a bonus the noobs can get unlocks off of them if they need them,
    but that’s always just been another one of the cool bonus of playing there, its never ever and never will be considered a bot farming server by any1 that’s played there for a bit or any regular, and if someone thinks that’s all it is then they are just a close minded idiot, and they probably love nerfs too.

but like I said there hasn’t been enough time to reach level 80 dude, no matter what your playing against.
    you would have to play 24/7 365 days a year straight for 18 months, and no 1 can do that.

• People who bot ranks and hack pink helms etc are douche bags. End of story.

• @WARSAW:

im not against playing the game with bots brotha

the bots on my server just help populate it and add to the mayhem you get there, sure as a bonus the noobs can get unlocks off of them if they need them,
    but that’s always just been another one of the cool bonus of playing there, its never ever and never will be considered a bot farming server by any1 that’s played there for a bit, and if someone thinks that then they are just a close minded idiot, and they probably love nerfs too.

but like I said there hasn’t been enough time to reach level 80 dude, no matter what your playing against.
    you would have to play 24/7 365 days a year straight for 18 months, and no 1 can do that.

For me the main issue is that there’s no point in xp grinding to rank 80(or any rank for that matter) as there is absolutely no benefit to doing so. If any, people will consider you a horrible player compared to your rank.

But WARSAW, I just can’t help wondering exactly how clever your bots are. I’ve seen many screenshots of your server where the entire opposite team is filled with bots and they always lose by a huge margin.
    Just wondering.

• @WARSAW:

im not against playing the game with bots brotha, they actually kill me more then any humans ever do which is really funny to me, since humans are predicatble and the ai isn’t, all you can predict about unreal ai is that are gonna try and kill you.

HOT DAMN DEAR LAWD