Should the DLC Knight Armour get a do-over?

• Basically I was thinking they’re too similar, and represent a bit of a missed opportunity.

See there were two competing styles during the arse-end of the 100 years war, Milanese and Gothic. Gothic you’ve probably heard of, they’re the ones with all the fiddly bits who look like walking cathedrals and is pretty much the armour style we’ve got.

Milanese by contrast was super sleek, no fiddly bits at all. These guys looked like dapper little future robots. Milanese armours were essentially your 15th century Apple products for people who liked to dress in metal and hit each other.

So I was thinking they could be redone so your Mason knight is gothic, and looks like he does now, but the Agatha knight gets Milanese, and is basically smoothed out and shined up, no frilly bits on the mail. I’d say a similar finish to the edge of the tower shield would look about right.

Worth doin?

• They do look oddly similar. Not enough colourable parts on them, either.

• @loin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

A simple no would’ve been fine ;)

• I actually think the Mason one is too black, looks fine in Customization but becomes just a black blur in game. Needs more detail or definition or a different texture.

• I’d much rather see Norman and First Crusader style armor, helmets, and swords…those guys were the original badasses. The new DLC might be somewhat to the accurate side, but it still looks like it came from fantasy comix or a mis-illustrated book of King Arthur stories.

• @Cat1099:

I’d much rather see Norman and First Crusader style armor, helmets, and swords…those guys were the original badasses. The new DLC might be somewhat to the accurate side, but it still looks like it came from fantasy comix or a mis-illustrated book of King Arthur stories.

Wasn’t that just full mail? As in, what the vanguard looks like?

• @Cat1099:

I’d much rather see Norman and First Crusader style armor, helmets, and swords…those guys were the original badasses. The new DLC might be somewhat to the accurate side, but it still looks like it came from fantasy comix or a mis-illustrated book of King Arthur stories.

I agree with this guy.

• @McLumberjack:

Wasn’t that just full mail? As in, what the vanguard looks like?

Vanguard gear is reasonably close. Mail and surcoat ought to be options for knight.

• @gndo:

I agree with this guy.

Thank you…perhaps this the start of a revolution :)

• THEY ARE TOO BRIGHT DAMNIT

• @Agent:

THEY ARE TOO BRIGHT DAMNIT

Maybe it’s just me or my pc, but I find the mason armour looks a dark gray. Doesn’t fit in with the game in colour or style.

• They look fine. Its pointless for them to do anything.

• I like the dark steel colour of the mason knight.

• well i have to disagree. I paid my money because the armors look like they look… maybe give them more details and stuff but no complete overhaul… rather they should release other Skins for them i’d say… because i think that some people would be snubbed if the armor they paid for because they thought that they look nice (like me… i bought them exactly because they were Gothic Plate armor… and i liked the new Grand Mace skin^^) suddenly became norman or crusaders chainmail and helmets or milanese plate amor… if you want them to look different i think just a new Skin set would be the better solution

• Mason armor looks badass. I prefer the default armor for agatha though. Just my taste.

• they’re fine, i have no trouble distinguishing them from the other classes and as long as you’re not playing on low settings they don’t look like they got hit in the face with a grenade.

don’t like em don’t have to buy them.

the barb skins were kind of an issue because i couldn’t tell necessarily the maa from archer or vanguards since they’re so fucking big and beefy just didn’t fit the current build of knight/vanguard big guys, maa archer small guys. Everyone was a beefy motherfucker.

• @50ShadesofClay:

the barb skins were kind of an issue because i couldn’t tell necessarily the maa from archer or vanguards since they’re so fucking big and beefy just didn’t fit the current build of knight/vanguard big guys, maa archer small guys. Everyone was a beefy motherfucker.

They still are.

• @50ShadesofClay:

don’t like em don’t have to buy them.

Silly argument, still have to look at them either way.

• They’re both fine, the Agathian one is gothic plate armour but just a tad too shiny. Not that I don’t like it but a little tone-down would be good.

Other than that, my Kickstarter Mason Helmet just looks incredibly fabulous on the Elite Armour… :D