The harsh truth

• Doesnt matter

• I still to this day miss the original long sword :(

• So you think TB should revert back to a pre-june build? Yeah, good luck with that. I agree though, the game doesn’t feel very smooth at all.

• @Monsteri:

So you think TB should revert back to a pre-june build? Yeah, good luck with that. I agree though, the game doesn’t feel very smooth at all.

I think this thread is more to remind people that this game used to run much better then than it does now, I don’t think he means to imply that the entire game be reverted to the pre-June build.

• I just wish the game gave me the same performance I used to have when it was first released. Max graphics on 32 players with 0 frame drops. Those were the days. I guess once I can find a job I’ll buy a 780Ti and an i7 4770 and I might be able to have that feeling again.

• “People will never really be happy as they think the past is better than it was the present worse than it is and the future more resolved than it will be”.

• @CRUSHED:

too much people crying and it ruined a great game

Now I’m just dreading warsaw coming in here and saying ‘I told you so…’

• reminds me of this fear&loathing qoute for some reason. “We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.… with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.”

I think people are oversensitive and hyper-reactive in an environment where you can send your hate mail to your favorite DEVs in minutes without much premeditating. I dont think everyone will ever be satisfied, and i agree in my experience, the games golden age has past and Im fine with it, i just wish people didnt sling so much shit every chance they get.

• @Cerebral:

I think this thread is more to remind people that this game used to run much better then than it does now, I don’t think he means to imply that the entire game be reverted to the pre-June build.

I mean, they wouldn’t really need to change much after a revert to back then for the game to feel great again. I dunno if customization causes any issues but I doubt the 200 ms feint window would. Pretty much every patch after was just to fix some bug another useless patch caused or a patch that reverted some changes or like this most recent patch, a shitty new camera and new animations.

• @kanGuru:

reminds me of this fear&loathing qoute for some reason. “We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.… with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.”

I think people are oversensitive and hyper-reactive in an environment where you can send your hate mail to your favorite DEVs in minutes without much premeditating. I dont think everyone will ever be satisfied, and i agree in my experience, the games golden age has past and Im fine with it, i just wish people didnt sling so much shit every chance they get.

since release i have been looking over bugs and didnt mind them because of how good the game is, but this is just getting frustrating now

• Yeeep. Even if I enjoy the ideas behind some of the newer implementations, they just aren’t executed well and the balance changes just weren’t good. After that it’s been a downward spiral.

The game was good before the content patch. There were some whine about feints, and some about how good players rekt the pub servers because… they were good? (omg). Now I can’t fight two scrubs without running out of stamina before I’ve had the chance to pull off 2 attacks. And more often than not those attacks are reckless because I’m scared I might run out of stamina.

If I let someone attack me 5 times in a row and I defend his attacks, why does the game kick me in the balls and say “HEY! You just survived 5 attacks in a row so lets give the opponent a free hit”. Aren’t I in enough of a disadvantage as it is having to deal with more incoming attacks than I dish out myself? :S I’ve been saying this for a long time, but I guess I haven’t moaned about it on the forums before but yeh… If I can survive incoming attacks from 3 people at the same time why should the game disallow me? That’s not balancing thats just lowering the skill ceiling and dumbing down the game.

Also the game ran smoother before, performancewise. I could do 120fps on high settings no problem.

The combat was more fluid back then with faster parry cooldowns, better animations and transitions. You didn’t feel like you got stuck in different type of cooldowns or flinch states or dazes etc all the time. You could almost always pull of an attack or a feint or whatever you wanted. And even with the shorter parry windows, you could still feint people as long as you timed your feints right, at the same time as the defender could avoid being feinted by using good footwork and timings to allow for double parry if he would fall for a feint. I don’t really care if its logical or not, but it was more fun and alot of people I think agree.

Alot of weapons were viable and there were less OP weapons. Shield was a bit OP back then because of the stamina, but I’m not sure it would be the same story today when we know how to get around shields better and how to bait shield users to open up.

Man I could go on forever but the game was just so much better back then bar the stupid idle flinch which was the thing people moaned the loudest about on the forums.

You promised more content to the game, and you delivered. But you didn’t just deliver more content, you screwed with the fundamental gameplay ALOT and it backfired. But instead of admiting it and revert, you just went on and continued building a house on top of that pile of shit you created. And that house now looks like it was built by [dont want to offend anyone] contract workers.

The same thing happened regarding to performance, every patch performance was getting worse and it was months since I started mentioning it both a bit on the forums and to other people. But you just didn’t care, instead you kept releasing patch after patch just making it worse and worse. I can tell that the customization patch for one made the performance a lot worse. On top of that the customization was really confusing to alot of people in team games and people wanted it reverted. But still you did nothing, you kept on going…

I wish this was like games in the old days where you manually patched the game and could choose to run whatever version of the game you wanted. I hate all this ‘cloud based’ shit where the consumer has 0 control over the product he buys. Especially when the product is in the hands of a company who just randomly changes the core gameplay back and forth.

• Its not a big deal tbh. You people act like its WWIII. Let TB have a nice Easter Break and they can
    either roll back next week or try to fix this. I recommend Star trek the next generation its very good.

• @loin:

Its not a big deal tbh. You people act like its WWIII. Let TB have a nice Easter Break and they can either roll back next week
    or try to fix this.

Dont you read posts before you answer them? We don’t want them to “try to fix” this we want the shit reverted because the game is so broken and shit now it’s unbelievable. I for one want them to stop changing gameplay altering shit back and forth when I have no option to keep playing a version I enjoy. They change the entire gameplay so much some patches that if it was a mod it would be called a complete overhaul.

• People are entitled to their opinions, even if they’re stupid.

The fact is, the game used to be much better in MOST aspects back in the day, talking about both performance and gameplay itself.

• Pretty much true. I remember how I used to play with good framerates with high resolution and not all options turned low. Game was smoother and performed a lot better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF928zodRdk
    Good old days. RIP Treb 3 clusterfuck.

• Not sure if game has gotten much worse technically, or my PC is just getting slower and slower.
    Could be both.

• @B4RK:

Not sure if game has gotten much worse technically, or my PC is just getting slower and slower.
    Could be both.

A load of bullcrap if you ask me.

The game has gotten progressively worse performance wise, over the last year, I could run it on high details with 120 fps constant.
    Now I can’t even play with Dynamic Lightning because I get 40/50 fps.

• I don’t equate fps to enjoyment. 40, 60 who cares.

I remember in the olden days

• face hugging (MAA hatchet over your shoulder)
    • vanguard ballerinas
    • longsword better than any weapon in the game
    • few people playing the game, just kids on welfare playing 24/7 preying on the few noobs who quickly quit

the population was like 1300 concurrent but sure there was a competitive scene for 60 people.

• @gregcau:

I don’t equate fps to enjoyment. 40, 60 who cares.

• vanguard ballerinas
    • few people playing the game, just kids on welfare playing 24/7 preying on the few noobs who quickly quit

the population was like 1300 concurrent but sure there was a competitive scene for 60 people.

Actually there were more people playing back at that time. Not sure you even were around then. The vanguard dancing wasnt even developed at that time so that point is useless ^^ And longsword wasnt the best weapon it was just very popular. Poleaxe, sword of war, one handers, maul, grandmace, warhammer etc were also pretty popular back then as well and very good. Messer and double axe are the only ones I know people never used seriously. Oh and falchion was probably one of my favorite weapons.

ANd facehugging maa wasnt a problem, back then people hardly realised you had to turn to block attacks, it was 500 times easier to parry angled attacks back then than it is now with desynched tracers and attacks hiting before animation etc.

• @gregcau:

I don’t equate fps to enjoyment. 40, 60 who cares.

• vanguard ballerinas

Player base used to be way bigger about the number of clans I dunno but I believe there were many in the beginning atleast I remember getting stomped by people with many different tags ^^.
    Also facehugging was countered with circlestrafing as it can be countered these days too lol.
    Vanguard dancing only ever was a problem with 3rd p when you could see 360 degrees around u.