BETA - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 25 (Barbarian Invasion)

• Beta 1

This Patch focuses on content release only!

New

• Barbarians have joined the battlefield in new class skins!

• Both factions are receiving reinforcements from 2 separate barbarian clans for ALL CLASSES!
      • New skins can be tested in the BETA app free of charge
    • New Barbarian themed weapon variants are available!

• Man at Arm’s Norse sword - Wulfric’s Sword
      • Knight’s Maul - Avian’s Rage Maul

In Celebration of this occasion, we are introducing 2 New Team Objective Maps!

**Coldfront A frozen Beach Invasion Siege map, taking place in Old Agatha. Harsh Frozen Shores, A Massive Castle, and a Dock Market Place will run red with blood of the enemies.

• Objective Breakdown (Mason Attacker / Agathian Defenders)
      **Beach Invasion

• Storm the Beach! Overtake the Enemy front-line. (Capture the 2 ballista forts)* Defending Team must hold the line, and protect the fortifications (Defend the 2 ballista forts)
        Siege
        *** Overtake the enemy Stronghold! Lower the Drawbridge from above, or smash it to pieces.
        Defenders must repel the enemies from their walls.
        Regicide
        ***** Murder Feydrid before he can flee to his Ship!
        Defenders switch roles, and must now push the objective and help King Feydrid escape to Stoneshill.

**Outpost Deep in the Forest, attack the Barbarian stronghold of Ramnor.

• Objective Breakdown (Agathian Attackers / Mason Defenders)
        **Encampment
        • Burn the enemy camp!* Defenders must protect ally tents.
          *Caravan
          *** Move the Caravan into enemy territory!
          **Defenders must halt the Caravan.
          *Ambush
          ***** Overcome the enemy ambush! Smash through their barricade.
          ***Defenders must trap the enemies and prevent them from moving on.
          Fortress Assaault
          ******* Kill the enemy Chieftans or Capture their Fortress.
          Defenders protect the Chieftans and secure the Fortress.

• Great job guys, I love the updates!

• This post is deleted!

• Mod

That doesn’t look like a maul, looks more like a prehistoric golf club. Take what you did to the messer and apply it to the maul and it would be fantastic.

Could look something like this: http://i.imgur.com/eJNBjpl.jpg

• The Maul looks fine but the head should be larger.

• Remove the pin from the helmet agate barbarian Vanguard! It is an abomination! And remove the copper basin crowded Mason barbarian knight. Leave him naked torso. This is the brutality berserk. Support me brothers players! (Thanks for the shoes barbarians)

• I used to get upset at the thought of barbs in chivalry but it’ll be ok since maybe 2 people will buy them at most.

• As a fan of the maul since launch, I’m not a fan of this skin. I know you can’t please everyone, but this skin just looks and feels unfitting after playing around with it in the beta. I wish it was more bluntly and sinister looking. I think you do great work but i see myself skipping this skin. Wishing well of mauls: http://mytalislanta.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/war-maul.jpg http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/dwalin-hammer.jpg http://www.medievalcollectables.com/images/PRODUCT/large/Game-4_1_.png P.S You have an awesome, great, and amazing game (>’.’)–-[]

• @Kim:

That doesn’t look like a maul, looks more like a prehistoric golf club. Take what you did to the messer and apply it to the maul and it would be fantastic.

Could look something like this: http://i.imgur.com/eJNBjpl.jpg

It should be a big dwarven hammer.

In fact, a new dubaxe skin should be Gimli’s axe. That would be great.

And Aragorn’s sword for a LS skin.

I like LotR :/

• RIP realism and immersion. Might as well add cowboys and dinossaurs.

• @MissingNo:

RIP realism and immersion. Might as well add cowboys and dinossaurs.

Dunno if those are the right words. Game is already unlrealistic of course. More a matter of staying consistent and these skins feel totally out of place.

• lol you keep adding caveman stuff, awesome :D

• Joining the bandwagon on the maul skin, it seems more like a grand mace. I like Spook’s idea, though.

I’d also like to point out all of the incorrect plural usage. It’s not “The Bird’s are fighting back!”, that’s the possessive form, and it’s unprofessional, yo.

• New maps are awesome but this?

**New

• Barbarians have joined the battlefield in new class skins!

• Both factions are receiving reinforcements from 2 separate barbarian clans for ALL CLASSES!
      • New skins can be tested in the BETA app free of charge
    • New Barbarian themed weapon variants are available!

• Man at Arm’s Norse sword - Wulfric’s Sword
      • Knight’s Maul - Avian’s Rage Maul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fisXRmdTR54

I really like you Torn Banner but I think we’re starting to grow apart. I mean I’m not even sure who you are anymore. I don’t know how long I can keep doing this…

• Seems most people believe that the Roman propaganda version of what a “barbarian” is to be fact. Just goes to show how a few influential people can influence the entirety of human perception.

No, barbarians aren’t naked troglodytic animal worshiping baby eating cavemen. For the last time, barbarians are simply everyone else BUT the Romans. That means that Vikings, Angles, and even the Phoenicians could be considered “barbarians” by that definition, and the civilizations they made were no less civilized that the perverse Romans.

That being said, the Agathian barbarians are much less a problem for most people than the Mason barbarians. The Agathians Barbarians look like they were based off of the Huns and they’re fully clothed, so at least they’ve got that going for them. The Mason barbarians, however, are just plain ugly.

Edit: I don’t like the way you priced them. These skins come in a pack that net you both the Agatha and Mason versions of the model. However, for the elite knight models, we get one knight and a lousy weapon skin. What’s with that? Why can’t you give both the Mason and Agatha knight models and let those weapon skins be purchased separately? What a gyp.

• what are the map names so I can votechange them?

• No really, add dinosaurs and cowboys while you’re at it. Destroys the immersion much faster.

I’m sorry but I don’t even find this remotely debatable. The skins are of worse quality than the normal characters.
    I don’t care what excuses others can give me about historical accuracy; the game is based on “hollywood medieval”, and hollywood medieval times did NOT feature both knights and barbarians at once!

Torn Banner, what do you even want from us? Tibberius tells us things are going to be done “differently”, but here goes the same shit over again. People created a poll about whether or not we wanted the barbarian skins put into the game the way you have now, and if I recall correctly, at least 3/4th voted against it.
    We don’t care whether or not you’ve made the skins a while ago and were planning barbarians from the beginning; the (majority of the) community simply doesn’t want this into the game.

Which also bring me to the next subject; the price. Both on these forums and in the beta, people said those prizes were too high. Wasn’t there JUST a poll, a few days ago, about the price of these DLC items? Didn’t most of us agree on the ridiculous prize for such a bundle? And yet, AGAIN, you completely ignore what the community picked.

I personally hate paid DLC. I always will. And I especially find these barbarian skins just hideous, especially when put in a game like Chivalry. But that’s just opinion and I could live with the fact I don’t get what I want.
    What angers me the most is that you also completely disregard what the majority of the community chose, and it wasn’t immersion-breaking skins.

Also, just saying, way to split the community again. Over the last couple of months, you’ve released 2 helmet packs, 10 character skins and 4 weapons skins, all for sale. How much paid DLC is that, about 75% of the last few updates? If coming across like nothing but money-hungry jackasses was your goal along, then way to go.

• @chickeen:

what are the map names so I can votechange them?

AOCTO-Coldfront

AOCTO-Outpost

• Yeah, I’m not impressed with barbarian skins. I bought this game for the Knights and vanguards and other medieval stuff. Not for barbarians, it is the same reason I didn’t buy DW, I wasn’t interested in stuff that is not traditional medieval icons. If you want Barbarians in a game, go put them in DW. The majority of the community doesn’t want it.