BUFF THE LONGSWORDS DAMAGE

• BUFF THE DAMAGE FROM 33 TO 34 ON THE OVERHAND, IT DOES THE SAME AS A HOLY WATER WHAT THE FUCK

• +1

/10ngsword

• Buff it in damage. Only more than just 1 point.

• @Rickvs:

Buff it in damage. Only more than just 1 point.

I believe with 1 point it’d 3 shot knight in the torso consistently. Dunno if it needs to 2 shot vans as well.

• @swagfox:

I believe with 1 point it’d 3 shot knight in the torso consistently. Dunno if it needs to 2 shot vans as well.

Yes please.
    Longsword and Sword of War are the only Knight weapons who can even hope to counter the Vanguards range.

• I something I it should two shot vanguards to the chest at all. Buff it slightly to make headshots more viable.

• Why? /10sows

• @Rickvs:

Yes please.
    Longsword and Sword of War are the only Knight weapons who can even hope to counter the Vanguards range.

the broadsword stab exists. and it is better than longsword.

• If it could be made to 3hit knights with torso hits, while still taking 3hits to torso to kill vanguard, I’d say this would be fine.

• Longsword overhead has a base damage of 82 Cut, and versus a Knight it deals:
    Head: 41
    Torso: 33
    Legs: 26

Whilst Holy Water Sprinkler Overhead has a base damage of 60 BluntPierce, and versus a Knight, it deals:
    Head: 42
    Torso: 33
    Legs: 27

And do you realize why Holy Water Sprinkler deals a higher damage versus a knight regardless of having a less base damage amount? Because it is a Blunt + Pierce modifier damage, while the Longsword is Cut, which is the least effective weapon type against a Knight, but if you compare Holy Water Sprinkler to Longsword versus Archer or Man-at arms, you can clearly see that the Cut weapons prevails there.

But hey, let’s be all upset since the damage is nearly the same towards a Knight. let’s throw away the facts that
    longsword has a reach of 72, Holy Water Sprinkler has a reach of 36.

And that Longsword has a long enough release to make it delay-able. l o l

There is a lot more than just damage that differs the weapons dude so chill out :p

• @gndo:

If it could be made to 3hit knights with torso hits, while still taking 3hits to torso to kill vanguard, I’d say this would be fine.

This would balance the sow and the long sword, long sword retaining a combo-able 3 shot on knights while the sow would be anti vanguard.

• @OPxMike:

This would balance the sow and the long sword, long sword retaining a combo-able 3 shot on knights while the sow would be anti vanguard.

No, I would rather have the LS 2 shot Vanguards to the body with 2 OHs, 2 stabs or a stab-OH/OH-stab, but have it keep the same HTK against Knights as it does right now. That way the LS would be the best Vanguard counter the Knight has available to him because of it’s reach and ability to two shot with 2 different attacks, but it would be worse against Knights than the SoW because it requires a head hit and is a tiny bit slower. I’d rather have this because I think if it were to be buffed, it should be buffed in a manner that a Knight’s 2 handed sword’s niche is supposed to suggest, i.e. having the best matchup against Vanguards and MaA, but having the worst matchup against axe and blunt Knights. If it would 3 shot both Knights and Vanguards to the body and 2 shot both with one head hit, it would function too much like a sword/axe hybrid, but that’s the Messer’s intended functionality. And please don’t tell me you want the old LS, get over it. If we got the old LS back, we would have Knights with easy mode OH drags, very little reason to use 2 handed axes, and every single Vanguard weapon aside from the Polehammer would have also have little reason to be used.

• @Nohbdy111:

No, I would rather have the LS 2 shot Vanguards to the body with 2 OHs, 2 stabs or a stab-OH/OH-stab, but have it keep the same HTK against Knights as it does right now. That way the LS would be the best Vanguard counter the Knight has available to him because of it’s reach and ability to two shot with 2 different attacks, but it would be worse against Knights than the SoW because it requires a head hit and is a tiny bit slower. I’d rather have this because I think if it were to be buffed, it should be buffed in a manner that a Knight’s 2 handed sword’s niche is supposed to suggest, i.e. having the best matchup against Vanguards and MaA, but having the worst matchup against axe and blunt Knights. If it would 3 shot both Knights and Vanguards to the body and 2 shot both with one head hit, it would function too much like a sword/axe hybrid, but that’s the Messer’s intended functionality. And please don’t tell me you want the old LS, get over it. If we got the old LS back, we would have Knights with easy mode OH drags, very little reason to use 2 handed axes, and every single Vanguard weapon aside from the Polehammer would have also have little reason to be used.

SoW would still trump it, why take a weapon that can 2 shot vans and 4 shot knights over a weapon that can 2 shot vans and 3 shot kngihts?

• @OPxMike:

SoW would still trump it, why take a weapon that can 2 shot vans and 4 shot knights over a weapon that can 2 shot vans and 3 shot kngihts?

The same exact reason you said the LS would be viable with your change. I shouldn’t has to say it because you all ready unknowingly proved me right, but I’ll reiterate it anyway.

@OPxMike:

Now with my idea,

@OPxMike:

This would balance the sow and the long sword, long sword retaining a combo-able 2 shot on vanguards while the sow would be more anti knight.

It’s the same exact thing, both equally balanced, but my suggestion makes loads more sense in regards to the role swords are supposed to fulfill.

To more clearly analyze my balance proposal, let’s break it down as simple as we can.

Longsword
    -Combo-able 2 shot on Vanguards
    -Combo-able 3 shot on Knights, but it requires one head hit.
    -Longer
    -Much more draggable

SoW
    -Not a combo-able 2 shot of Vanguards
    -3 shots Knights to the body, but not a combo-able 3 shot
    -Faster

As you can see, the LS has an advantage against Vanguards, while the SoW has an advantage against Knights. It’s as simple as that.

So my idea would be as balanced, and it would make loads more sense. And just as personal preference too, I would really appreciate an even better Vanguard counter to deal with those god damn Brandis even better, but that isn’t as important.

• Three hits and a kick is usually what’s required to kill a knight with Longsword. Pointless.
    Same goes for Vanguard.

• @alterbyme:

Three hits and a kick is usually what’s required to kill a knight with Longsword. Pointless.
    Same goes for Vanguard.

So you’re saying the current Longsword is balanced? If you think so, prove them that it doesn’t need a buff. I’m myself don’t think it NEEDS a buff, but maybe a slight one(like my suggestion). The only reason I promote buffing it and in my way is to satisfy those that are biased to their old Longsword because they will never stop and I want it my way because I think it is the best possible way to do it.

• Derp.

/10derps

• And just to add to what I wrote earlier, the longsword should get reliable 2 hit to vanguards with any of its attacks imo, vanguards should NOT take 3 hits to kill against any of the knights sword, it is not a tank class.

• @Noobstomper:

Ehh sorry but no. Niether the LS or SoW have a 2 hit combo that will kill a vanguard. However with a headshot BOTH are easily achieved.

SoW v Vanguard- Stab/OH torso = 96 damage

Longsword v Vanguard - Stab/OH torso = 98 Damage, the longswords stab and overhead do the exact SAME damage to a vanguard’s torso

SoW will 2 hit a vanguard with its stab/overhead with at least one headshot on either attack.

and the sword of war does 96 damage to a knight torso shots stab/overhead/stab combo on a knight compared to longswords overhead/overhead/overhead doing 99 damage. Single strikes on a knight the sword of war’s stab is superior to any of the longswords damage against both a vanguard and knight

I don’t think you know you’re talking to, and you also somehow misinterpreted what I said, and I quote

Sword of War
    -not a combo-able 2 shot on Vanguards

When I say “not combo-able” I’m saying that you can’t 2 shot them with a direct combo. However, 2 stabs to the torso two shot Vanguards without any head hits(I hope you know this), but you can’t combo a stab directly into another stab. Also, you must have missed the part where I said

To more clearly analyze my balance proposal, let’s break it down as simple as we can.

I was comparing the Longsword to the Sword of War after my balance proposal, in which case the Longsword would be able to 2 hit kill Vanguards with an OH-stab/OH-OH/or stab-OH to the body, no head hits required. Please read more carefully so our discussions don’t make unnecessary negative progress.

• @Noobstomper:

And just to add to what I wrote earlier, the longsword should get reliable 2 hit to vanguards with any of its attacks imo, vanguards should NOT take 3 hits to kill against any of the knights sword, it is not a tank class.

This is literally exactly what my suggestion states. Again, please read more carefully.