Remove HWS and fix norse

• The HWS is an anti-fun weapon (description stolen from Sophax).
    Sure it’s fun as hell to use when all you have to do is faceroll your opponent with hardly any effort. But it’s not fun to be on the receiving end when the weapon almost hits during its windup, its so stupidly instant if angled right.

The reason I think hws should be removed is that it’s been overpowered for so long and you haven’t fixed it. Nobody likes the weapon everybody rather hates it. Why keep a weapon almost every person in the game hates and that is also broken?

Not gonna lie I run around with hws alot because its fun to grief others within reason. And when I’m against it it’s not like I ragequit or cry about it. But It’s really not fun to play against.

Regarding norse, just slow it down a bit. And make the animation speeds the same when wielding a shield as without. rather buff the shield than buff the weapons while carrying a shield its just stupid.

• I hated the HWS weapon for so long, and think calling it a anti-fun weapon is spot on. I’ve duelled some players, who just run around with shield, third person and spam spam spam. Blocking that thing is much harder than attacking with it, which is not really balanced imo. I really want this weapon to be balanced better, or just removed.

• That would be cool yh, it takes 0 skill to destroy 95% of the player base with it, any rank 30 can become a threat with this weapon lol, i would remove it to but i doubt tbs will do the same.

And make the animation speeds the same when wielding a shield as without. rather buff the shield than buff the weapons while carrying a shield its just stupid.

They should fix the animations speed for any one handers not just the norse but it seems to hard.

• The HWS is the greatest, most balanced one-handed weapon in the game.
    How dare you sully the good name of the HWS? I fart in your general direction.

http://youtu.be/1AXaBundB2A

• Inb4 amurifats with b-but its 2 short in teamfights arguments.

• Mace stabs in general are anti-fun with HWS being the worst offender. HWS is pretty broken.

• Gad damnit someone with alot of commen sense on these forums?

• so instead of simply correct the weapon remove it… i love it when people just say “don’t try to correct it just remove it… i dislike it”… and then they don’t even give any idea what weapon should replace it

• l2block. It’s not hard. I haven’t played this game in months, come back in and block plenty of HWS stabs/swings

• @Anonymoose:

l2block. It’s not hard. I haven’t played this game in months, come back in and block plenty of HWS stabs/swings

The swings alone aren’t hard to block, but take feints into equation…

• Feints are easily read with this weapon, as are riposte stabs. RCLBOHP scrvbs

• I get ran over with it on occasion, but I occasionally smite the individuals using it as well. Personally, I don’t want them to change anything. Last time TBS listened to people complaining, we got the June 2013 update, do you guys REALLY want to go back to that? Next thing you know: “We’ve fixed the HWS by adding a 300% bubble to every player model”

No thanks.

• The stab should do less damage or be MUCH slower.

Its very similar to a shortsword but it does everything better by doing more damage and doing blunt damage.

• @Jimmie:

I hated the HWS weapon for so long, and think calling it a anti-fun weapon is spot on. I’ve duelled some players, who just run around with shield, third person and spam spam spam. Blocking that thing is much harder than attacking with it, which is not really balanced imo. I really want this weapon to be balanced better, or just removed.

Pre patch falchion.

• Falchion was blockable because it was slow though.

• @Sophax:

Gad damnit someone with alot of commen sense on these forums?

Common sense in TBS forums?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwdFLD7BCuY

• To anyone saying hws and norse is easy to deal with you’ve obviously played either vs scrubs or people with so high ping that they can’t flinch you fast enough (or you are the high pinger yourself). If you know how to angle/aim the stabs and overheads they hit the second the fucking windup starts. In order to feint with hws you have to start feinting before the animation even starts on your screen because the windup is so short. Sure it’s easy to read hws feints if they don’t angle it, but well angled and it will insta hit you faster than the parry triggers even if you parry directly when the feint window is over.

• I say, increase windup on those weapons.

• It’s plenty balanced the way it is. It’s one of the weakest weapons in the game in terms of damage and reach (it takes what? 3-4 hits on all classes to get a kill with it, and u gotta face hug). It’s only saving grace atm is its speed. Too many slow reaction timed people whining here… l2kick

• What surfaced said. If HWS didnt have its speed, what would it have? Not much to make it worth using over other weapons.