Bots problems after new patch

• so the latest patch is causing some issues.

all the practice bots on my old duel server are now wearing archer hats….

so I tried using the new nodes with no success…

Normally I use Spawn NPC and then use Modify Property for some changes. However the new Customize Pawn node does not work with this (as previously discussed)

So I tried with Spawn Standard Bot node - as below - this doesn’t work and fires the ‘failed’ output. I tried iwth everal different families - knight, Agatha knight and FFA MAson Knight. Its a FFA map of course.

Begin Object Class=AOCSeqAction_AISpawnStandardBot Name=AOCSeqAction_AISpawnStandardBot_3
       MyName="The Swan Knight"
       MyTeam=EFAC_NONE
       Helmet=2
       FamilyInfo=Class'AOC.AOCFamilyInfo_FFA_Mason_Knight'
       PrimaryWeapon=Class'AOC.AOCWeapon_SwordOfWar'
       SecondaryWeapon=Class'AOC.AOCWeapon_HolyWaterSprinkler'
       TertiaryWeapon=Class'AOC.AOCWeapon_Kite_Agatha'
       StartingNavigationPoint=PathNode'PathNode_39'
       Character=15
       InputLinks(0)=(DrawY=-5674,OverrideDelta=23)
       OutputLinks(0)=(Links=((LinkedOp=AOCSeqAction_SetPawnCustomization'AOCSeqAction_SetPawnCustomization_0'),(LinkedOp=SeqAct_GetProperty'SeqAct_GetProperty_7'),(LinkedOp=SeqAct_Delay'SeqAct_Delay_48'),(LinkedOp=SeqAct_AttachToEvent'SeqAct_AttachToEvent_19')),DrawY=-5684,OverrideDelta=13)
       OutputLinks(1)=(Links=((LinkedOp=SeqAct_Delay'SeqAct_Delay_113')),DrawY=-5664,OverrideDelta=33)
       VariableLinks(0)=(LinkedVariables=(SeqVar_Object'SeqVar_Object_78'),DrawX=3438,OverrideDelta=16)
       VariableLinks(1)=(LinkedVariables=(SeqVar_Object'SeqVar_Object_49'),DrawX=3506,OverrideDelta=76)
       ObjInstanceVersion=1
       ParentSequence=Sequence'Main_Sequence'
       ObjPosX=3400
       ObjPosY=-5720
       DrawWidth=152
       DrawHeight=101
       Name="AOCSeqAction_AISpawnStandardBot_3"
       ObjectArchetype=AOCSeqAction_AISpawnStandardBot'AOC.Default__AOCSeqAction_AISpawnStandardBot'
    End Object

and of course probably related is the issue I reported on the Patch thread - I’ll repeat here so its all in once place etc…

"Set NPC Move Target node AND move to actor node - doesn’t seem to be moving bots spawned with the new Spawn Custom Family bot node. (using mason archer with only variants being health and shieldclass = none. (bot did spawn, good spawn id, just stood there though)
    Huh. Will look into it. Does the bot engage in combat if its team is opposite yours?

no - not a thing, no response at all, kicked him to death. attached death event node fired fine."

so this means I am stuck really :-(

• I wouldn’t stress the bots too much. There are other areas that need more attention.

• is it still giving performance problems - wasn’t sure if that’s all fixed yet?

this is definitely lower priority - but it is stopping my workflow :-))

• I think most of the performance issues I have had on your map are related to streaming sound and levels.

• streaming sound - really first i heard of that.

and yes there is a streaming level judder at end of 1st phase - its either that or make the wait for the start longer - so i am a bit torn on that

• Developer

So many things happening in the first post.

First, AOCSeqAction_AISpawnStandardBot is firing failed? Do you have the Spawn Point variable link connected to anything? You have him spawning EFAC_None; if that link isn’t connected to a NavigationPoint (and a valid one at that), it’s not going to spawn…

I don’t know why you’re having issues with SpawnCustomFamilyBot, I still haven’t had time to try it out, but when we were adding this feature it definitely worked and we definitely had bots spawning and responding to enemies. Can you paste in your Kismet setup for this, and your custom family?

• Yes it is connected to a spawn point - a path node though, would that matter?

kismet for spawnfamilybot as follows

Begin Object Class=SeqVar_Object Name=SeqVar_Object_58
    ObjValue=AOCAINavPoint’AOCAINavPoint_1’
    ObjInstanceVersion=1
    ParentSequence=Sequence’Siege’
    ObjPosX=3458
    ObjPosY=4973
    DrawWidth=32
    DrawHeight=32
    Name="SeqVar_Object_58"
    ObjectArchetype=SeqVar_Object’Engine.Default__SeqVar_Object’
    End Object
    Begin Object Class=CMWSeqAction_AISpawnCustomFamilyBot Name=CMWSeqAction_AISpawnCustomFamilyBot_0
    MyName="Trebuchet2 Fiddler"
    MyTeam=EFAC_MASON
    Helmet=1
    FamilyInfo=AOCFamilyInfo_Mason_Archer’AOCFamilyInfo_Mason_Archer_0’
    PrimaryWeapon=Class’AOC.AOCWeapon_None’
    TertiaryWeapon=None
    bOverrideCustomization=True
    Character=7
    InputLinks(0)=(DrawY=4843,OverrideDelta=23)
    OutputLinks(0)=(DrawY=4833,OverrideDelta=13)
    OutputLinks(1)=(DrawY=4853,OverrideDelta=33)
    VariableLinks(0)=(LinkedVariables=(SeqVar_Object’SeqVar_Object_58’),DrawX=3526,OverrideDelta=30)
    VariableLinks(1)=(LinkedVariables=(SeqVar_Object’SeqVar_Object_356’),DrawX=3594,OverrideDelta=90)
    ObjInstanceVersion=1
    ObjPosX=3474
    ObjPosY=4797
    DrawWidth=181
    DrawHeight=101
    Name="CMWSeqAction_AISpawnCustomFamilyBot_0"
    ObjectArchetype=CMWSeqAction_AISpawnCustomFamilyBot’AOC.Default__CMWSeqAction_AISpawnCustomFamilyBot’
    End Object
    Begin Object Class=SeqVar_Object Name=SeqVar_Object_356
    VarName="Treb2Crew3x"
    ObjInstanceVersion=1
    ObjPosX=3578
    ObjPosY=4981
    DrawWidth=32
    DrawHeight=32
    Name="SeqVar_Object_356"
    ObjectArchetype=SeqVar_Object’Engine.Default__SeqVar_Object’
    End Object
    Begin Object Class=SeqAct_Gate Name=SeqAct_Gate_100
    AutoCloseCount=1
    CurrentCloseCount=1
    InputLinks(0)=(DrawY=4945,OverrideDelta=13)
    InputLinks(1)=(DrawY=4965,OverrideDelta=33)
    InputLinks(2)=(DrawY=-3183,bHidden=True,OverrideDelta=58)
    InputLinks(3)=(DrawY=-3161,bHidden=True,OverrideDelta=80)
    OutputLinks(0)=(Links=((LinkedOp=CMWSeqAction_AISpawnCustomFamilyBot’CMWSeqAction_AISpawnCustomFamilyBot_0’)),DrawY=4955,OverrideDelta=23)
    ObjInstanceVersion=1
    ObjPosX=3162
    ObjPosY=4909
    DrawWidth=72
    DrawHeight=69
    Name="SeqAct_Gate_100"
    ObjectArchetype=SeqAct_Gate’Engine.Default__SeqAct_Gate’
    End Object

valid nav point…. if I spawn with this then ‘setNPCMoveTarget’ doesn’t work

• and it might be helpful to post the family info object changes….

Begin Object Class=AOCFamilyInfo_Mason_Archer Name=AOCFamilyInfo_Mason_Archer_0
    FamilyID="Crew"
    Health=80
    ShieldClass=None
    Components(0)=SpriteComponent’AOCTO-LeCite1_P.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.AOCFamilyInfo_Mason_Archer_0.SpriteComponent_6’
    Location=(X=-2850.600342,Y=1811.828613,Z=237.975372)
    Tag="AOCFamilyInfo_Mason_WarEngineCrew"
    Name="AOCFamilyInfo_Mason_Archer_0"
    ObjectArchetype=AOCFamilyInfo_Mason_Archer’AOC.Default__AOCFamilyInfo_Mason_Archer’
    End Object

• I have other problem related, I spawn masons, they try to fight but when Agatha kills it players looses 10 points just like killing teammates.
    I use aoc combat AI, the “move to” doesn’t works too

• Bump …. Bump… bump

• This post is deleted!

• can I bump the issue at the top please……

• @leynadix:

Now, players doesn’t lost points… All works well, but sometimes the game crashes. Thinking on deleting all bots.

Explain it to me like I’m 5…