Why do we have Barbarinas coming? I don't get it.

• I just saw that in the patch 25 we gonna have Barbarian skins and some new weapon skins. Some of the models are pretty cool. But I don’t get how they fit in the game? I mean the lore and the settings. They look more like fantasy barbarians form Conan the Barbarian. They hardly fit the the full plate armor and other equipment we have on our current knights. I am very confused.

• They’re probably the barbarians from Ramnor that the old lore book mentioned.

• Bandits from Ramnor and those that hold thier ancient ways from Barema I presume. A shortage of men on both sides after the failed crusade would of driven them to recruit these barbarians.

Well that’s what torn banner should of said. But hey they did listen to us.

They have them shirts.

• archers maa and vanguards don’t wear plate armor but we have them in game

besides is the idea of hiring barbarian mercenary’s in a war a far off concept?

• @Tombstone:

archers maa and vanguards don’t wear plate armor but we have them in game

besides is the idea of hiring barbarian mercenary’s in a war a far off concept?

Becuase in medieval times there weren’t barbarians. Those in ancient times classified as barbarians 1000 years later were some of the most advanced societies in the world.

• @lemonater47:

Becuase in medieval times there weren’t barbarians. Those in ancient times classified as barbarians 1000 years later were some of the most advanced societies in the world.

There we go. You have said it all.

• @lemonater47:

true good thing chivalry isant about history or men with swords and animal fur screaming at each other wouldn’t be possible

• Lore nerds.

• @lemonater47:

actually… “Barbarians” just means “Non-Greek” or later included “Non-Romans” so in Medieval most of the People were “Barbarians”

• This post is deleted!

• @Großadmiral:

actually… “Barbarians” just means “Non-Greek” or later included “Non-Romans” so in Medieval most of the People were “Barbarians”

Look at the skins.

The only time people looked like that was in 100AD.

• I really don’t mind the idea. I mean Chivalry lore is… non-existent practically, but the whole thing of recruiting auxiliaries to fight the war effort to shore up losses in numbers makes sense, but the armour, mason especially is very Gaul. That said, fantasy. Go figure huh.

• I like it, I’ll not buy them but I think I will like to see some more variety on the battlefield. Haven’t seen all skins yet, can someone post it please?

Also, how good is the VA on them?

• The concept of Chivalry having consistent lore with a realistic setting died when they released a map where you storm Malric’s evil volcano lair a year ago. Having barbarian skins isn’t really that much of a stretch at this point.

• @David:

The concept of Chivalry having consistent lore with a realistic setting died when they released a map where you storm Malric’s evil volcano lair a year ago. Having barbarian skins isn’t really that much of a stretch at this point.

I really do love Citadel for that exact reason. It’s so ridiculous, Mordor 2.0. I actually find Chivalry’s pseudo medieval lore to be kind of neat. Chivalry should have it’s own lore, world, and characters. I find that far more interesting then being fixated on realism all the time. That was, like you said, kind of thrown out the door with Citadel.

• I think it would be great….

• Where dem Skinz?

• @gregcau:

I think it would be great….

lol I can see the nerf it posts already :)

• Actually the agatha barbarian skins are great.