The newest patch broke the Giant Slayers mod, sucks in general

• Does Torn Banner have some sort of vendetta against modders? They already messed up the Giant Slayers mod with their last patch, and now it doesn’t work at all.

Please, Torn Banner… Please… Your patches… They hurt…

• It’s not the developers job to work around modders; it’s the modders job to work around the developers.

• This thread is hilarious because the Giant Slayers mod is made by a TBS developer.

• Torn Banner has such a vendetta against modders that their devs create mods only to ruin them and make people angry so more people hate modders. /s

Haha, from the patch notes.

Changes significant portions of code, may require existing mods be updated!

Modders just need to get around to updating their stuff is all.

• @dudeface:

This thread is hilarious because the Giant Slayers mod is made by a TBS developer.

XD
    Hilarious

• @Jack:

It’s not the developers job to work around modders; it’s the modders job to work around the developers.

If you were a programmer and you saw the way the class hierarchy in chivalry was built you wouldn’t say what you just said :P I feel sorry for anyone making a mod larger than a fwe hundred lines of code / extending more than a few methods in a few different classes. Not saying they should work around modders, but if they’re hellbent on having a SDK they should’ve designed the game differently. I don’t think they said anywhere that oh we mighit break your mod that you worked 1000 hours on anytime we feel like it, and then break it again the second you fixed it. Ofc people are going to get pissed.

• @Knifelegs:

Torn Banner has such a vendetta against modders that their devs create mods only to ruin them and make people angry so more people hate modders. /s

Haha, from the patch notes.

Modders just need to get around to updating their stuff is all.

It’s not a simple recompile and cook. They’ve changed some things so much that large portions of some mods need to be completely rewritten. Don’t make it sound so simple if you have no idea what’s going on. TBH I think TBS just killed the entire mod community if there ever was one. Who the hell would want to make mods if any update can break them, when we as the players don’t even have the choice what version of the game we play.

• @kywild:

If you were a programmer and you saw the way the class hierarchy in chivalry was built you wouldn’t say what you just said :P I feel sorry for anyone making a mod larger than a fwe hundred lines of code / extending more than a few methods in a few different classes. Not saying they should work around modders, but if they’re hellbent on having a SDK they should’ve designed the game differently. I don’t think they said anywhere that oh we mighit break your mod that you worked 1000 hours on anytime we feel like it, and then break it again the second you fixed it. Ofc people are going to get pissed.

But… Torn Banner thrives on the tears and indignation of its community!

• I used to say the same thing,

but then once you start modding a lot you realize they are helping us a lot, expecially with the last few patches,
    and it actualy took 3 patches to break the mods,
    the last 1 added tons of new goodies for us modders to dabble into.

and if you have modded in any game before you know and should expect to have to remod with every patch released,
    that way when you don’t it feels even better.

• Modders have to make fixes to their mods after most patches in any game, it’s not unique to chivalry nor is it the fault of the developer.(or anyone)

• @gndo:

Modders have to make fixes to their mods after most patches in any game, it’s not unique to chivalry nor is it the fault of the developer.(or anyone)

No it is. There shouldn’t be any more patches for the game ever so we can play mods all the time.

• Kerbal Space Program has a huge modding scene, mods MAKE that game. Every patch of worth pretty much breaks mods, the modders then have to fix it. Don’t hate on the developers for modders that take their time fixing their mod.

• @lemonater47:

No it is. There shouldn’t be any more patches for the game ever so we can play mods all the time.

• Don’t patch it… people complain about the lack of patches and/or new contend by devs
    Patch them… people complain about the fact that they break the mods… sometimes i think that complaining about everything is human nature

• @Großadmiral:

Don’t patch it… people complain about the lack of patches and/or new contend by devs
    Patch them… people complain about the fact that they break the mods… sometimes i think that complaining about everything is human nature

I’ve been playing this game since June and for 600+ hours, and they’ve never made a patch that fixed any of the bugs that bother me; I only see them introducing new bugs all the time, and horrible gameplay changes, and this sort of thing. Rudimentary features like voIP and duel mode are broken, and each patch seems to make them more broken.

I’d prefer it if TB simply reverted all the patches they’ve done since the summer of 2013, and I think 95% of the community would be glad too.

Obviously we can’t expect TB to release patches that aren’t either horrible or inconsiderate of the community.

• This post is deleted!