Nuub questions.

• Hello, I am currently playing age of chivalry mod for half life2, I will be getting a new computer very soon, and will finally be able to play this awesome game ^_^.
    I have some questions.

1: I notice in AOC if you turn too fast when swinging, your attack willl go right through the enemy, and do no damage, the tracer is only updated so fast, is this the case in CMW ?
    2: on average, people have about 160 ping, at 200 + ping it makes it very hard to play, as you have to be super accurate with your attacks, NOW CONSIDER, that different games handle lag in different ways, there is more to game lag than latency ping, in some games the lagger has the advantage as people will attack where he is, and thats not where he is anymore. is this the case in CMW ? and what is average ping?
    3: Do you have to play for thousands of hours before you can unlock some of the other weapons for each class?
    4: how much options do you have in 3rd person? can you choose the view, or is it static 3rd person view?

guess thats it for now.

• 1. no if anything your attacks land faster…… ghost swings r still a thing tho

2. ppl with ping ranging from 60s-80s is normal so r ppl with 100ping anything over 120ping is unplayable tho

3. no some weapons only require 25kills to unlock the next

4. 3rd person in chiv looks like any other game with 3rd 3 different perspective options with the p button can be selected…but play in 1st person 3rd person takes skill away from the game

• @Tombstone:

1st person 3rd person takes skill away from the game

toplel

I disagree

• Thanks for answers!
    Also in AOC you can be chasing someone, and be right on their tail swinging your axe, and it will not hit them, maybe its just the lag though? Does this happen in CMW ? because it is very annoying.

• Also, in AOC if you want to play man at arms you kind of need 3rd person, because people will be disappearing off of your screen ( not very realistic) so 3rd person is required so I dont get a splitting headache spinning my mouse around.
    So dont sing me the first person view is for pros, and 3rd person has no skill song :P

• ♫ From my own eyes,
    looking outwards;
    this is the view of kings… ♪
    I survey the carnage
    not from a bird,
    or from above my shoulder. ♪
    ♬ That shit is for noobs.
    Git gud ♪

• @dudeface:

♫ From my own eyes,
    looking outwards;
    this is the view of kings… ♪
    I survey the carnage
    not from a bird,
    or from above my shoulder. ♪
    ♬ That shit is for noobs.
    Git gud ♪

LOL I want to know the melody that goes with that XD. comon though 3rd person take skill, i mean your character is standing in your view, so it is hard to see what your enemy is doing :P.

I guess my biggest complaint with AOC is lag, and clunky hit detection, is this a problem in CMW? I hate swinging my weapon right through someones head just to have them turn around and kill me -_-

• is my post seriously still pending?
    Edit: ok it seems i can post now without pending.
    1: I want a melody to that song XD
    2: 3rd person is good, it looks better, and it is even challenging, because your character can be in the way of what you are trying to see XD and there is none of this face hugger disappears out of my vision off the side of my screen, that is hardly realistic, in battle you have SOME knowledge of what is around you, trust me i used to do belegarth medieval combat ^_^

• 3rd person is not that challenging in this game lol. You can tell who’s in 3rd person as who’s in first just looking at them running.

All 3rd person players look at the ground.

Also no one disappears off the edge of your screen with facehugging. With facehuggers you can see them literally humping you to death. As close to knight wrestling as you can get. But you can see them and see their actions.

Footsteps are good in this game. Use them. You can be very aware what’s going on.

3rd person 140FOV halberd. Now tell me that isn’t easy.

• in first person view it is easier to look directly at your opponent and tell what he is doing, and anticipate his actions ^_^
    Didnt you guys see the youtube vid of the guy who constantly switches from 1rst person to 3rd person depending on the situation? they both serve a purpose, lets leave it at that and all just shhhhhh about it ;)

• @chivalryinterested:

in first person view it is easier to look directly at your opponent and tell what he is doing, and anticipate his actions ^_^
    Didnt you guys see the youtube vid of the guy who constantly switches from 1rst person to 3rd person depending on the situation? they both serve a purpose, lets leave it at that and all just shhhhhh about it ;)

Yarnu yeah but torn banner said the reason why third person was in the game ages ago. Because it was already done for them its part of the engine. So instead of just having it first person they kept third in too.

Problem is its abused. You can get a massive FOV get a long weapon and it things get easy. They could remove the FOV command from console but it’ll still be in the config file. I don’t know how unreal engine works exactly but they can’t remove the FOV from the cocky without removing the ability to change it at all. Default is 105 FOV and the max is 12" in the settings but many have it at 140. Most games don’t even go above 90 many games are stuck at 60 FOV. 140 FOV third person. Its just easy mode after that.

People use third person cos its there. This was originally gonna be a first person only game its advertised as such. You play the game. You’ll see the differences. There’s using third person to see things and then using third person only to get a combat advantage. 140 FOV you can see people 2 feet behind you.

• ok whatever, but first person is NOT realistic, because in real life you have more awareness than that.
    seeing behind you is a problem, but I see no problems with being able to see your character, and off to the sides a bit, so maybe there is still room to fix that ^_^
    But my first statement still stands, in first person you can read your enemy better.

Edit: they just need to fix zooming so you cant see 2 feet behind you.