Wolfenstein: The New Order

• Let the killing begin. Looks great does this game. Plus pre order gets the Doom beta etc.
    :eagerness:

• Pre-ordering is a terrible business practice. It’s like buying a car you haven’t even given a test drive. I don’t see why anyone would buy something that hasn’t even been released yet. Now game developers purposefully restrict content that was supposed to be in the entire game and make in an exclusive pre-order bonus. Pre-ordering is also the catalyst that started all the Season Pass shenanigans.

Sorry, went off on kind of a rant there. Late at night, headache, packet loss, not a great mood. Game looks alright. Nothing I would spend $60 on though.

• No hype no disappointment.

• not interested in the actual game, but the new doom beta

• I suppose its worth a risk at some point. Were would we be today if nobody backed Chivalry
    on kick starter .? Is that not a form of early pre ordering. Also the real old gamers might just
    buy wolf with doom beta for nostalgia , it does look polished

• Looks like Call of Duty, the guns taking up 60% of the screen.

I’ll buy it for the TF2 items.

• what is this TF2 thingybob? Zombojoe likes kfc loin. I did find it on amazon for £24 but you can bet it won’t allow steam rewards etc.

• Cosmetic items for the game TF2 in the same fashion as Chivalry’s rank 60 hat.

• @Flippy:

Pre-ordering is a terrible business practice. It’s like buying a car you haven’t even given a test drive. I don’t see why anyone would buy something that hasn’t even been released yet. Now game developers purposefully restrict content that was supposed to be in the entire game and make in an exclusive pre-order bonus. Pre-ordering is also the catalyst that started all the Season Pass shenanigans.

Sorry, went off on kind of a rant there. Late at night, headache, packet loss, not a great mood. Game looks alright. Nothing I would spend $60 on though.

Bet you pre-ordered chivalry.

• @Flippy:

Pre-ordering is a terrible business practice. It’s like buying a car you haven’t even given a test drive. I don’t see why anyone would buy something that hasn’t even been released yet. Now game developers purposefully restrict content that was supposed to be in the entire game and make in an exclusive pre-order bonus. Pre-ordering is also the catalyst that started all the Season Pass shenanigans.

• @Oy:

He did not.

• Pre-ordering is pretty great when you can pre-load the games on Steam. Gotta be damn certain it’s a game you want of course.

• All I’ve seen of this game so far is that scene on the train.
    Aren’t people tired of that kind of stuff yet?

• I’m fed up with that kind of stuff, its why I stopped buying these games.

• Buy it! its better than this new generations love of 3rd person rubbish. Gaming has gone to hell tbh

• @loin:

Buy it! its better than this new generations love of 3rd person rubbish. Gaming has gone to hell tbh

indeed

played trough this a month ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUeNzedPjjk

best singleplayer experience ive had in 7-8 years seriously lol

the reboot is horrible but this one is amazing, gameplay is so much fun with the maze like levels and puzzleish keycard system

truly showed me how fucking awful singleplayer games are these days

• Ah the old Shadow Warrior. That was quality. The good old days of puzzle levels (Hexen and its annoying methods of opening doors, lol).

• I recently played through the SW reboot and I wouldn’t call it “horrible”. It wasn’t oldschool Doom copy with modern skin, sure, but it wasn’t bad either. Calling Shadow Warrior reboot “horrible” is like calling Painkiller “horrible” and calling Painkiller horrible is national crime.

Old “2.5D FPS” games are still fun. Hexen, Heretic, Doom, Strife, Rise of the Triad, Outlaws, Wolfenstein 3D, Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem 3D, Marathon, Blood, Redneck Rampage, Amulets & Armor, Chex Quest etc. are all enjoyable experiences but very different from modern shooters. They were all a lot faster, enemies were dumb as bricks, you had aim assist and these games usually required backtracking through maze after finding keycards or whatever the particular game used as keys.

Modern shooters are streamlined. They usually don’t make you backtrack and, level design is usually linear “corridors and arenas”, absolutely no backtracking, slow movement, enemies hide behind cover etc.

What I am trying to say that everyone has different taste. I happen to like both types, you might like only older ones, but don’t go calling others’ taste bad.

As for the Wolfenstein: The New Order, it doesn’t look as fun as the 2009 Wolfenstein. Return to Castle Wolfenstein is still the best Wolfenstein and anyone who disagrees hasn’t played Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

• lol enemys were dumb, sure but have you played doom on the highest difficulty? it doesnt mean shit that they dont take cover lol, its still hard as fuck compared to anything today

i dont remember aim assist

• I don’t like Doom in highest difficulty because respawning enemies are stupid and do not add to enjoyment. I usually play Doom with Ultra-Violence and the difficulty comes from insane amount of damage enemies can dish out. You really have to abuse line of sight against Spider Mastermind and Arch-viles. If I really want challenge, I’ll just add -fast command line argument and it becomes Nightmare without respawning enemies and less ammo.

Even Ultra-Violence becomes insane when most of the enemies shoto very fast projectiles. Try it with NAZIS wad and a nice megawad with lots of enemies, like EPIC 2.

Actually, why don’t you try EPIC 2 with NAZIS? It’s my favorite wad combination currently.