[CHIV] Xbow range

• What is the issue:
    Normal Xbow has longer range than Heavy

Full details on reproducing this issue:
    Compare arrow cam, when shooting with Normal and Heavy aimig at the same point in distance

Videos and/or screenshots:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Lg1HQd2tg&feature=youtu.be

Other comments:
    Not a big issue though, I am fine with longer range and more ammo and shorter reload time :D,
    I just didn’t know if you are aware of it, because this bug is there really long, possibly from start, so I am reporting just to be sure

• MAYBE that’s on purpose? There were different types of crossbows and the heavy ones had shorter bolts. This made them better in close-medium range because they had more velocity and could pierce plate armor. But because of the shorter length of the bolts, they wobble more in mid-air thus slowing it down.

Although I’m not sure of course. Would need a dev response.

• yeah we will see,
    sounds interesting, then chivalry would be really authentic

eventhough I think that they intended to have just 3 different xbows with same ammo and also according to description of weapons in loadout screen it seems to me they just swapped range (maybe also more attributes, no idea) of heavy and normal

definitely would need a dev response

• @MiPu:

yeah we will see,
    sounds interesting, then chivalry would be really authentic

eventhough I think that they intended to have just 3 different xbows with same ammo and also according to description of weapons in loadout screen it seems to me they just swapped range (maybe also more attributes, no idea) of heavy and normal

definitely would need a dev response

The loadout screens haven’t been updated since release. So this could be a recent change to balance the two weapons. But I don’t recall anything so idk. Would have to check the patch archive.

• Problem is with your bolt length theory is the bolts are exactly the same size and that heavy crossbow is a just a modified version of the original crossbow.

Heavy crossbow also floats when you reload with it.