You think you're good, don't you?

• Chivalry has been out for over a year and a half now and feints are STILL a thing.
    There are threads almost daily about feints and for good reason.
    Because they are stupid, and have been since they were introduced.
    The whole idea of a feint is stupid in this game since it practically guarantees a free hit on your opponent. The “elite” of this game try to justify feints by saying they are readable (they aren’t lol you must have potato syndrome if you think that feints are readable or predictable) which I find quite ironic since the very same people are found falling for them ingame just like everyone else.
    There is no way to tell a feint from a real attack. All you can do is try and wait until the last second to parry and good luck parrying if they’ve feinted into a lookdown overhead.
    In every server you play in, there is always somebody calling somebody else out on being a feg for using feints and with good reason.
    Feints are a guessing game
    I can deal with the all in one, can do absolutely everything greatsword and the pro rank 50s that use it exclusively and think they’re good.
    But feints are dogshit.
    I can’t believe that there are people that still actually defend feints.
    After all this time. All the butthurt it has caused. All the controversy for and against feints. Since release this has been a topic. And feints still aren’t gone or at least fixed.
    good feint m8! Wow that was a good feint! totally didn’t see that 1!! OMG that feint was amazing!!! gg
    What’s sad is I heard some clanfags say this in one of their videos the other day. GOOD FEINT M8 GOOD FEINT!!
    TB please fix the dogshit that is feints and stop spilling coffee all over the servers.
    But as I’m sure I’m going to be told by the best community ever, I guess I just need to “git gud”.
    GIT GUD M8 GOOD FEINT M8 GOOD FEINT!! TOP KEK I TIP MUH HELMET 2 U

• So Userper is JanTerri and is also Timberwolf?

• That would make sense.

But what the deuce is the “potato syndrome” ?

• Down’s syndrome
    Internet spawned term for it

• Ah. Okay, thanks.

It is disturbing to be a potato though

• Can’t say I agree, but this is from someone who never feints.
    It is just about hitting that block/parry at the last moment then using WSAD to dance around.
    Or better yet, strike before they feint. Problem solved.
    “git gud” is a simple way of requesting you try to adapt to the world of Chivalry versus requesting the world to change for you.

• I have mixed feelings about this.

I don’t really mind feints. If somebody beats me with a feint I’m still going to type “gf,” but at the same time I realize that if said person had never feinted me, I would probably have won. The way I move on is by trying to accept the feints and read them in the future.
    But at the same time, there are feints that I personally consider almost impossible to defend against. Those would be Norse sword feints with a shield knight, or HWS feints with a man-at-arms, for example.

The thing is though, from their perspective, that’s what it takes for them to beat my playstyle. It’s ridiculously hard to defend against the brandistock if it’s played correctly, so if some people start to use feints to make up for a weapons natural weakness against a certain weapon/playstyle, that’s understandable.

At the end of the day, it’s just a stupid argument. Feints are a game mechanic, so regardless of what everyone says, you literally have to learn to deal with them. But there’s still always going to be that unavoidable bitter feeling when you’re left violated by a feint-spamming SoW knight.
    :(

• WHY ARE PEOPLE TAKING THIS THREAD SERIOUSLY. IT’S A JOKE THREAD MAKING FUN OF THE PERSON WHO ORIGINALLY MADE IT. I DON’T EVEN.

• Unfortunately I have never become good at anything except topical pictures that amuse mostly me

• Oh wait this is a feint thread. Feint threads really died out a while ago. I always fall for feints and yet the clannies never fall for my feints… Maybe if I feinted with the broad sword they would but its unnecessary as broadsword to the side of the body bypasses parries unless you are very fucking good.

• @Flippy:

WHY ARE PEOPLE TAKING THIS THREAD SERIOUSLY. IT’S A JOKE THREAD MAKING FUN OF THE PERSON WHO ORIGINALLY MADE IT. I DON’T EVEN.

Because I’m a sensitive person ;o

• Dude just feint to win.

• Feints are ez mode, anyone who feints IRL pretty much dies, so why not in chiv?

• well who actually bought the game to fake swing?

I know I sure didn’t, I bought the game to chop as many people in half as I can and have blast doing it.

I only feint for the laughs of making my opponent parry, some times 3 times back to back on them and I almost fall out of my chair laughing every single time and I don’t care if they kill me at that point its just so dam funny that something like that was even implemented into such an epic game.

• What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

• LMAO what a NEWFAG!!

Gorilla??

Did you mean Guerrilla?? LOL

• Chivalry: Gorilla Warfare.

Chimpanzer stop monkeying around.

• Shit fury mate, lemonkeyfacemaymay.jpeg.

• Some good old pasta chimp. I lost that one a while ago, golden oldie!