Do You Have Mercy on Noobs?

• Just curious, wanted to start a poll for it.

• Hell yes, I mean… Dudes doesn’t even know how to riposte, combo and parry.

Usually I kick their asses on the first round (vanilla duel) and on the next one, I show him what just happened and if he wants to, I teach him how to drag, riposte etc.

For me, there is no fun in simply kick some level 0-10 ass with no mercy. Its like playing with ants. And, its kinda fun to spam feints and watch them panic, to parry-riposte until someone makes a mistake… This is something that noobs like, makes them feel so skilled lol, I remember when it was me on the noob end…

And I would like to say that, TB, if you read this, I say we need a better tutorial guys… Not everyone will teatch your noobs for you and most of them are getting asskicked without even understanding how. Thats bad for the game, because makes it antifun for those who are new to it. Better tutorial, Please!

• I turn their anus inside out and make sure they know what the real world is like.

• I’m a strong proponent of befriending nice players.
    Pressing F instead of a strike is quite fun with the new players.
    And when they do kill you… “You play with fire, you’re gonna get burned.” They feel all good about themselves.
    If they proceed to act like a child and call you names then you snap back in and put em in they place.
    I try to work on my WSAD F with new players.

-Baron von Moorland

• Sometimes i’m just standing, blocking their attack, ducking their slow slash and spamming the laugh or the no while doing that, pretty funny, the rest of the timme it’s just boring to play vs them.

• I usually don’t show mercy to noob archers. Everyone else I try to make them learn how the game works.

• I don’t really go easy, but I try not to use things I know they absolutely can’t deal with at their level. If I identify a glaring weakness that they absolutely should not have or something I go out of my way to exploit it over and over to get them to either complain or ask me what I’m doing, after which I try to explain. The complainers tend to keep complaining, but the curious learn something. I suppose you can call that mercy?

• @Hansinluck:

I’m a strong proponent of befriending nice players.
    Pressing F instead of a strike is quite fun with the new players.
    And when they do kill you… “You play with fire, you’re gonna get burned.” They feel all good about themselves.
    If they proceed to act like a child and call you names then you snap back in and put em in they place.
    I try to work on my WSAD F with new players.

I know what you mean lol. I do that every now and again.

@DemonicChocobo:

I don’t really go easy, but I try not to use things I know they absolutely can’t deal with at their level. If I identify a glaring weakness that they absolutely should not have or something I go out of my way to exploit it over and over to get them to either complain or ask me what I’m doing, after which I try to explain. The complainers tend to keep complaining, but the curious learn something. I suppose you can call that mercy?

That sure is mercy. Merciless is backwards overheading into a raep combo.

• Yes. If in duel mode, I get matched with a player new to the game, I’ll let them win after a stretch of time. I’ll spam “No” and parry if all they do is LMB, while they’ll get a “Yes” and a successful hit if they try something else. Positive reinforcement and all. Throw in a few kicks to help them realize the utility of that maneuver and hopefully they learned at least a little bit.

No sense in thrashing newbies without mercy.

• i fuck with them sometimes

like do non-dragged attack repeatedly until they fail to block it

• no, noobs are scary and don’t know when to block so they’ll keep spamming attacks.

• Noobs are the hardest opponents in the battlefield, they are unpredictable and come in packs, so no, usually I don’t have any mercy on them.

• Noobs are a great lesson in your gameplay.

If their random attacks are getting you, “Seriously! You attacked then, but that is … .wrong!” then it means you are anticipating particular moves and well, when you anticipate in combat you get it wrong sometimes. It lets you know to dial it back a bit and react in the moment, not the moment you played elsewhere.

• I always go easy on noobs.

Unless they’re the raging toddler kind…. or if I picked Cudgel.

I can never resist a good pubstomping with the Cudgel.

• Roflstomp is the way to go.

• If it’s in duel and they are curious and want to learn, I will help them some. If not I will just cut through them.

• If I want to go on a noob slaughtering rampage I often go Gr8sword Vanguard.

• No mercy for anyone. I got all the tricks literally bashed into my virtual skull, so I try not to be lenient towards anyone. Besides, I’m greedy for kills hue

• I don’t exactly go out of my way to actively put in maximal effort into stomping brand new players, there’s not really any fun in that and I don’t really want to put people off the game. Unless they are dicks.

To be honest I usually chase after the players clearly better than me and get killed many times in the process lol.

• At level 18 I’m still a noob, a quite incompetent one, enough of a masochist to hang out in duelyards with advanced players and get my ass killed 3X or more for every kill made.

When previously-unknown players of rank 0-25 show up in the duelyard I usually ask for a fight to check them out. It’s quite interesting to see the range of skill - I’ve been slaughtered repeatedly by 5s and taken out 25s with little effort.

Not wanting to make an ahole of myself, I never spam-kill or taunt players of any level unless they’re randomers or clearly ask for it (yes, hunting down randomers and spamming archers is one of the things that makes this game so much fun :) )

But in general I’m always willing to fight with newer players and let them practice blocking, kicking, stabbing, etc. on me. More than once a player that I killed half a dozen times in a row at first has ended up doing the same to me after two or three 30-minute duelyard rounds.