My first scrim, advice/tips?

• Chain of command. My clan got to division One. Four 22 week seasons of ctf. A leader should be able to change
    tactics and read the match and have good timing and know his players strengths.

• @loin:

Chain of command. My clan got to division One. Four 22 week seasons of ctf. A leader should be able to change
    tactics and read the match and have good timing and know his players strengths.

You’re in a clan, or have been? On the steam forums you call me a clanfag/clanqueen, and it seems you have more comp experience than I do. Hilarious.

• 1. Communication is key, tell your fellow clanmates what’s going on and if you see someone flanking, if you need help or whatevs.
    2. Feint the shit out of your opponent until he falls for one. If you don’t feint you’ll get feinted yourself. (practice feint reading)
    3. Don’t hit your teammates unless you both agree that it’s the best way to get rid of someone.
    4. Use SOW instead of longsword, a lot better to feint with, especially stabs.
    5. Communication again, most important part.
    6. Don’t get mad at your clanmates if they kill you or whatever, then they’ll be in a bad mood too and you will lose more likely.
    7. Regroup, don’t rush in alone.
    8. Communication.
    9. If possible try to go 2v1 against people to bring them down a lot faster.
    10. Communication is key.

• @Xylvion:

1. Communication is key, tell your fellow clanmates what’s going on and if you see someone flanking, if you need help or whatevs.
    2. Feint the shit out of your opponent until he falls for one. If you don’t feint you’ll get feinted yourself. (practice feint reading)
    3. Don’t hit your teammates unless you both agree that it’s the best way to get rid of someone.
    6. Don’t get mad at your clanmates if they kill you or whatever, then they’ll be in a bad mood too and you will lose more likely.
    8. Communication.

This and never attack one enemy with more than 2 team mates so you don’t risk too much team damage and all ways target switch, no tunnel vision!

• Best advice: WIN

• @Xylvion:

1. Communication is key, tell your fellow clanmates what’s going on and if you see someone flanking, if you need help or whatevs.
    8. Communication.

Pretty much this. Communication and feints. BTW, how do you know so well about this? I thought you were never in a clan.

• Communication. In any team game, communication is the biggest factor for good team work. (That and practicing with each other a lot).

It is so important that if you find your clan is NOT speaking during the scrim just start talking about anything. Don’t complain about anything, don’t whinge, don’t be negative. Just keep it light and fun, and it will transition into needed game communication. Don’t be silent.

This is important for any team game, not just chiv.

• Fight with a courage, protect your men and lead them to victory!

• @Albert!:

Pretty much this. Communication and feints. BTW, how do you know so well about this? I thought you were never in a clan.

I got my secrets (;

• @Albert!:

All of it is pretty common sense. Coming up with the list is easy, it’s actually executing it that is hard. Even for the most experienced players it can often be all too easy to make bad choices like rushing in alone without even realising it. Practice, experience and a constant vocal communication is needed to keep only good habits.

From there, the rest is personal and strategic improvement, both of which still have a lot of unexplored depths, so it’s definitely possible to catch up and start innovating.

The most important advice I can give though is to never ever focus on winning or losing. The result of the match should not matter to you or your team. What is important is to celebrate improvement (you may have still got crushed, but at least you hung in a little bit longer this time) and to take some time to think about what worked, what didn’t and why so next time you can try something new. The fun is in the challenge of improving, not just winning. Trust me when I say that winning is a whole lot sweeter when you’ve worked your thoroughly abused bumhole off to get there. ;)

• Play another game.

• Don’t take scrims too seriously. They’re just supposed to be practice. They’re 10x more fun than pubs and that’s the idea.

• Thanks for the advice guys, but Hexen, you think comp play isn’t worth doing in this game?

• @gndo:

Thanks for the advice guys, but Hexen, you think comp play isn’t worth doing in this game?

I meant play another scrim, as in just keep playing. Probably should have worded that better.