New game mode: classic duel

• Ok so I don’t think it’d be too hard to make classic duels an official game mode. You still have players coming in and randoming and it’s honestly not their fault. The game mode says “free for all” and they’re not really doing anything wrong by coming in and ffaing imo. Ideally this would work like it did in Chiv+. No damage could be taken until you both bowed, and you could change your loadout anywhere on the map. I always have the most fun using the same loadout as my opponent in duels. Big issue with duels is that they’re imbalanced and some loadouts are designed to flatten others. Being able to change your loadout anywhere helped with this imo.

• Agreed. Nabster’s Chiv+ Free Duel should replace the current duel mode.

• Just install Chiv+

• Quick question relating to Chiv+. I have a classic duel server which I also occasionally change game modes for clan practice.

Firstly, how do I go about installing chiv+ and what happens if I change the server to a different game mode? If it’s a pain to change over I may not try it.

• http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/14921-ALPHA-RELEASE-1-01-Chivalry
    You can use any gamemode just as you can in live.

• Sadly I don’t own all the classic duel servers in NA.

• Yes yes I agree man, Duel mode really needs some love, Chiv+ showed the way to go IMO. Maybe we will need only a more intuitive way to challange someone, gotta remember that noobs doesn’t even know how to bow. Maybe pressing “C” in front of the dude you wanna fight, or a “wellcome” screen that explain shit like bowing or how to challange someone.

• @Flippy:

Agreed. Nabster’s Chiv+ Free Duel should replace the current duel mode.

A thousand times this, why isn’t this a thing already?

• @afiNity:

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/14921-ALPHA-RELEASE-1-01-Chivalry
    You can use any gamemode just as you can in live.

Thanks, will look into it.

• @Flippy:

Yeah nabsters thing was pretty much perfect except it still allowed for trolling from guys like King Leonidas. You could still be a dickhead by just running in and yelling while people were dueling. Of course you can just kick them but I thought maybe it could be coded so that when 2 people enter into a duel, everyone else on the map loses their collision, you can’t see them or hear them either. I dunno if that’s possible but it’d be cool as shit if implemented.

• @swagfox:

Yeah nabsters thing was pretty much perfect except it still allowed for trolling from guys like King Leonidas. You could still be a dickhead by just running in and yelling while people were dueling. Of course you can just kick them but I thought maybe it could be coded so that when 2 people enter into a duel, everyone else on the map loses their collision, you can’t see them or hear them either. I dunno if that’s possible but it’d be cool as shit if implemented.

You mean instancing.

How about the deadliest warrior duel system. In each map there are several arenas. You challenge a player by simply attacking them in the “lobby” area. If its accepted you get teleported to an arena. You can even fight in pairs. Even walk around to look in at people duelling.

• @swagfox:

In Warband if you run too close to a duel in a duel server you get teleported away. Could this be implemented? Make it not affect other duels just those not dueling.

• @lemonater47:

You mean instancing.

How about the deadliest warrior duel system. In each map there are several arenas. You challenge a player by simply attacking them in the “lobby” area. If its accepted you get teleported to an arena. You can even fight in pairs. Even walk around to look in at people duelling.

I remember dueling in pairs back in the DW beta, but since release I have no idea how to do it. I hit multiple people but it’s always a 1v1.

• @Flippy:

Most definately shouldnt replace. Rather have it as an alternative. I have consentration issues and I prefer quiet around me when I duel and I’m far from the only one who prefer current duel mode just because of that.

• @Oy:

I remember dueling in pairs back in the DW beta, but since release I have no idea how to do it. I hit multiple people but it’s always a 1v1.

You kick someone you want to be on your team. Then you swing at someone to fight them. Your team mate and their team mate are dragged into the fight if they have a team mate. Though if you team up with a random and they start hitting people to challenge then you’ll be teleported to the fight. The system isn’t actually explained in the game very well. I just remember it.

• @kywild:

Most definately shouldnt replace. Rather have it as an alternative. I have consentration issues and I prefer quiet around me when I duel and I’m far from the only one who prefer current duel mode just because of that.

Yeah, I kinda agree man. I’ve been playing recently more on theese ffa duel servers and I actully felt it was too much of a mess. And, you can’t watch other people fight with good angle as in a spectate mode.

I think the vanilla duel just need a better menu and first person spectate that works properly (this may help people learn stuff) and it will be fine.

• NabsterHax’s Chiv+ duel mode should replace the current duel mode, but with the addition that other people around you disappear when dueling.

• I am actually quite fond of the Official Duel mode, it taught me in the beginning, and continues to teach others who want to learn. Honestly, the way it is now, with at least 3 classic duel servers constantly up and running, there doesn’t NEED to be an official TBS classic duel. TBS made the SDK for stuff like this. Why not just run FreeDuel on Lg Duels and Faucheur Duels now?

One other point I’d like to make is that Official Duel is typically filled with “pubbies”, while classic duel is usually where the best players hang out. Why not keep it this way? The way that I learned the game was playing Official Duel long enough until I could stomp them all, then I moved on to Classic Duel to play better players. If TBS makes it an official gamemode, the skill gap will blur and the classic duel we all know and love would be filled with noobs. We KICK noobs on the daily. Why invite them in, only for them to get frustrated at mechanics they haven’t seen utilized yet? Sure, some will be up for that challenge, but they should already be moving on the classic duel anyway.

My stance? No. The Lg Duels and Faucheur Duels servers (and even Interitus and GMACE in your FACE) serve the purpose well enough. You have to keep the skill gap in mind as well.

• Nah it’s got nothing to do with replacing the current duel mode, just fixing the way classic duels are now. Lg and faucheur duels are good, BUT you still have people randoming, you still can’t change your loadout until you die, and you still have people running into eachother. All of those things should be fixed.

• @swagfox:

Nah it’s got nothing to do with replacing the current duel mode, just fixing the way classic duels are now. Lg and faucheur duels are good, BUT you still have people randoming, you still can’t change your loadout until you die, and you still have people running into eachother. All of those things should be fixed.

All of these problems are solved through FreeDuel on Chiv+. If this is what the thread is about, this thread already has a solution.

Why doesn’t Lg and Faucheur put Chiv+ in their server?