There is a lot of things wrong

• Seriously, guys, i stop playing today.

I realy miss the old time, it was nice but now…

Everybody’s glitching as fuck. This is unplayable…

And the craziest part of this is that people call it skill.

Guys, you’re exploiting a bug, this is bug exploit, bug exploit is glitching. Simply as fuck.

Drags, fast overhead, back overhead, all of this shit is glitching.

At the begining it wasn’t realy annoying, just a few guys but know this is the whole community and this game is getting boring.

I play with 360 controller and with that shitty sensitivity that we can’t up i can’t do anything against those suckers…

So, do something.

I can’t understand that a dev don’t give a fuck about people glitching in his game.

In other games this is a ban.

Well, i’ll stop here, i hope you will think about all i told.

I know, i’m full of rage but when you love a game and you getting ****d by glitchers all the WE you lose your mind a little bit so, sorry for that.

Oh and for god sake nerf those MAA… This is bullshit. They should die in one hit.

• I play with 360 controller and with that shitty sensitivity that we can’t up i can’t do anything against those suckers…

You lost me here mate.

• http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/discussions/0/846961716284907216/#c846962439240937998

"Leanbacks and accelerated attacks are part of the real time strikes, as are drags. If we wanted to make a stiff, clunky game with canned animations we wouldn’t have put so much effort into the hit tracer system in Chivalry. We don’t consider these exploits but have done things in the past to limit the level to which they can be abused, such as adding a vertical rotation limiter during windup - in order to accomplish a total acceleration players have to already be looking straight down, and are forced to whiff their attack on the floor, leaving them very vulnerable. It can be annoying when you don’t know how to deal with it, but it’s very punishable now.

It seems to me that aside from the occasional genuine bug that pops up, most peoples’ view of “exploit” is generally a clever use of the game mechanics we’ve provided. Hell, I’ve seen people call the stun from kicking a shield an exploit. I’ve seen ducking called an exploit! Things that we actually have loading screen tips for (Boy do we need to improve those, though…) Overall we feel it’s important for the game to have advanced mechanics to keep the skill ceiling high and make the game challenging, even if some of it isn’t exactly realistic."

Now go away.

• Scrub Complaint Checklist:

[] feints

drags

lookdown overheads

reverse overheads

[
    ] vanguards

man at arms

archers

Not too shabby for a first post.

• Yep, lost at the 360 controller part. I’m not one of those weirdly evangelical mouse and keyboard types, controllers have their place, but Chiv just isn’t one of them.

That said, the post does hit a nerve about how I’ve been feeling lately. At the beginning the game was a hoot, everyone was finding their feet and bashing people into the dirt felt like a good time. These days I can see through it all, like seeing the matrix, and it all feels like dirty tricks to me. I’m not sure there’s anything that can be done balance wise to change that, mechanically the game is always going to be about exploiting how it represents combat than actually being a decent facsimile of combat itself.

Chiv was a step in the right direction, it currently wears the First Person Whacking Each Other With Big Metal Sticks crown. Roll on Chiv 2.

• 360 controller wasn’t even on my checklist. I guess I should award extra credit for that.

• @McLumberjack:

Yep, lost at the 360 controller part. I’m not one of those weirdly evangelical mouse and keyboard types, controllers have their place, but Chiv just isn’t one of them.

That said, the post does hit a nerve about how I’ve been feeling lately. At the beginning the game was a hoot, everyone was finding their feet and bashing people into the dirt felt like a good time. These days I can see through it all, like seeing the matrix, and it all feels like dirty tricks to me. I’m not sure there’s anything that can be done balance wise to change that, mechanically the game is always going to be about exploiting how it represents combat than actually being a decent facsimile of combat itself.

It’s not intended to be a simulation ffs. It’s not exploiting anything. It’s using the mechanics programmed into the game.

• IKR? Chivalry has been out for over a year and a half now and feints are STILL a thing.
    There are threads almost daily about feints and for good reason.
    Because they are stupid, and have been since they were introduced.
    The whole idea of a feint is stupid in this game since it practically guarantees a free hit on your opponent. The “elite” of this game try to justify feints by saying they are readable (they aren’t lol you must have potato syndrome if you think that feints are readable or predictable) which I find quite ironic since the very same people are found falling for them ingame just like everyone else. There is no way to tell a feint from a real attack. All you can do is try and wait until the last second to parry and good luck parrying if they’ve feinted into a lookdown overhead. In every server you play in, there is always somebody calling somebody else out on being a feg for using feints and with good reason.
    Feints are a guessing game
    I can deal with the all in one, can do absolutely everything greatsword and the pro rank 50s that use it exclusively and think they’re good.
    But feints are dogshit. I can’t believe that there are people that still actually defend feints.
    After all this time. All the butthurt it has caused. All the controversy for and against feints. Since release this has been a topic. And feints still aren’t gone or at least fixed.
    good feint m8! Wow that was a good feint! totally didn’t see that 1!! OMG that feint was amazing!!! gg
    What’s sad is I heard some clanfags say this in one of their videos the other day. GOOD FEINT M8 GOOD FEINT!!
    TB please fix the dogshit that is feints and stop spilling coffee all over the servers.
    But as I’m sure I’m going to be told by the best community ever, I guess I just need to “git gud”.
    GIT GUD M8 GOOD FEINT M8 GOOD FEINT!! TOP KEK I TIP MUH HELMET 2 U

• @swagfox:

IKR? Chivalry has been out for over a year and a half now and feints are STILL a thing.
    There are threads almost daily about feints and for good reason.
    Because they are stupid, and have been since they were introduced.
    The whole idea of a feint is stupid in this game since it practically guarantees a free hit on your opponent. The “elite” of this game try to justify feints by saying they are readable (they aren’t lol you must have potato syndrome if you think that feints are readable or predictable) which I find quite ironic since the very same people are found falling for them ingame just like everyone else. There is no way to tell a feint from a real attack. All you can do is try and wait until the last second to parry and good luck parrying if they’ve feinted into a lookdown overhead. In every server you play in, there is always somebody calling somebody else out on being a feg for using feints and with good reason.
    Feints are a guessing game
    I can deal with the all in one, can do absolutely everything greatsword and the pro rank 50s that use it exclusively and think they’re good.
    But feints are dogshit. I can’t believe that there are people that still actually defend feints.
    After all this time. All the butthurt it has caused. All the controversy for and against feints. Since release this has been a topic. And feints still aren’t gone or at least fixed.
    good feint m8! Wow that was a good feint! totally didn’t see that 1!! OMG that feint was amazing!!! gg
    What’s sad is I heard some clanfags say this in one of their videos the other day. GOOD FEINT M8 GOOD FEINT!!
    TB please fix the dogshit that is feints and stop spilling coffee all over the servers.
    But as I’m sure I’m going to be told by the best community ever, I guess I just need to “git gud”.
    GIT GUD M8 GOOD FEINT M8 GOOD FEINT!! TOP KEK I TIP MUH HELMET 2 U

lol

Why do the mods keep letting this shit through though? Exploit reports go here OP: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/15212-READ-FIRST-Hack-Cheat-Exploit-Reports

• @Karasu:

It’s not intended to be a simulation ffs. It’s not exploiting anything. It’s using the mechanics programmed into the game.

I know I know. But that’s my point. I WANT that simulation, and currently Chiv is the closest there is. No-one came to this game thinking ‘I want a game of mouse tracked close combat swings that I can twist to my whim to outwit my opponents reactions, thus winning the game as it has been created.’ We bought in because we wanted to act like medieval fighting types and smash each others faces in. With every new combat quirk and trick the game gets further away from that original promise.

• @McLumberjack:

I know I know. But that’s my point. I WANT that simulation, and currently Chiv is the closest there is. No-one came to this game thinking ‘I want a game of mouse tracked close combat swings that I can twist to my whim to outwit my opponents reactions.’ We bought in because we wanted to act like medieval fighting types and smash each others faces in. With every new combat quirk and trick the game gets further away from that original promise.

Maybe you bought it for that reason. And you were mistaken if you did. Don’t speak for the whole community and don’t post about exploit shit here. They’re not going to morph the entire game into a simulation so idk why you even bother. Everyone’s tired of hearing about it.

• @Karasu:

Don’t speak for the whole community…

@Karasu:

Everyone’s tired of hearing about it.

I’ll stop if you will.

• The difference is that I’m correct in saying the community at large is tired of hearing about it.

Way to ignore my entire post for the sake of posting a one-liner that isn’t relevant to what we’re talking about though.

• Guys you’re ruining this thread.

• @dudeface:

Guys you’re ruining this thread.

:)

/10lols

• No the difference is that I’m correct and you’re wrong. Also you smell, your lunchbox is shitty, and my dad could beat up your dad.

NON CHILDISH RESPONSE:

The rest of your reply amounted to ‘No’ so I ignored it in favour of a one liner that neatly highlighted some rank hypocrisy/wasn’t relevant to what we’re talking about. In truth, yes I don’t speak for everyone, but neither do you. This isn’t my thread, so there’s at least one other person who’s growing disillusioned with the game as it stands. The people I play with express that opinion form time to time too. Also some of my best friends are black. Hang on wait thats… wrong thread.

@dudeface:

Guys you’re ruining this thread.

:D

• The people who feel that way should play a different game instead of trying to completely change this game. So your wasting your time with the posts you made on the first page. This was my point before the one-liner distraction came in.

• But drags are overpowered…

• Guys seriously, how would the game work if you didnt have drags? It is about controlling your attack, as apposed to just letting this attack do its own thing,and prevent any kind of movement whilst attack is in place, the fact that you can control the timing of it is not only better gameplay giving you more control over your attack, the fact that you have this level of control IS MORE realistic.

think about it for a minute, HOW would it work if you could not drag your attacks? I want serious answer. To have any diversity at all you would have to have a different attack for every key on the keyboard, with no dragging there are 3 attacks only that will always do the same thing. Your movement, and dragging gives the attack diversity, and customization, and timing, and control.
    You want some people to just jump in the ‘‘safe zone’’’ of your rigid non dragable attack every time you over head, or stab, how would that be any better from a gameplay ,or realistic standpoint? serious answer plz

• @Karasu:

The people who feel that way should play a different game instead of trying to completely change this game. So your wasting your time with the posts you made on the first page. This was my point before the one-liner distraction came in.

You know I thought this’d come up. And I’ve come prepared.

1. It’s not like they’re making games like Chiv every day. Play something else? LIKE WHAT? War of the Vikings? Pls.

2. Devs don’t create, moderate and read forums for warm and fuzzy feelings. It’s for feedback. If someone thinks something could be improved for the better then this is where they say so. No-one has to agree, but there’s a sub-forum up there titled ‘balance and game mechanics’ and it doesn’t link to the phrase ‘If you don’t like it piss off’. I consider that telling.

3. Do you think when developing the game that at some point a TB dev had the thought “I can’t wait until they discover the reverse overhead. That shit is the balls, son.” I don’t. For starters who has that internal monologue, it’s ridiculous. Second I bet that discovery came as a surprise. Now I’m not saying that’s a bad feature, quite like it personally, but games are organic things that grow and change as players discover new things and push at the edges. Some are fair and stay, some aren’t and get patched out. This is where we argue over which is which, and that really doesn’t need explaining.

Man, Normally I wouldn’t expend this much effort on a forum post, but my mouse is broken.