What to do with bearded axe?

• Seriously the weapon needs something to excel at because now it’s not useful at all.
    Tbh it always was a gimmick weapon riding its superfast overhead and combo feint to bybass combotimes.

There is no reason to pick it over Dubax or Pollax.
    I just had idea about making bearded axe kind of a the dane axe of the knight axes. Make it looooong.
    Something in the likes of a viking long axe or something.

Why not?

• No. We make skins now.

• Yeah, maybe up the release times a bit too maybe. This is like one of the only 2h weps you literally can’t drag at all. Literally 0 strategy or mechanical skill behind this weapon. Longer release times + length would make it very Dane axe ish and that’s a good direction to take it in imo.

• I think a suitable balance for the Bearded Axe would be if it were made more of a light and maneuverable Two-handed axe, rather than trying to be a powerhouse on par with Pole Axe and Double Axe.

A good way of making Bearded Axe useful would be if the reach was slightly increased, and if the drag rotation speed on the weapon was tweaked from:
    Horizontal: 45000 to 55000
    Vertical: 45000 to 55000

This would make the weapon more agile and maneuverable, making it capable to do more fancy drag than any other weapons in the Two-handed axe catagory.

By the way, 45000 is the slowest Drag rotation speed you can get, while 75000 is the fastest.
    Horizontal rotation speed activates when you perform parries and kicks too, but vertical does not in the same way.

That’s atleast my suggestion how the Bearded Axe should differ itself from the Pole Axe and Double Axe, I ran a test on my mod a couple of months ago with those changes and the Bearded felt much better.

• From the poleaxe thread I came to the conclusion that the 2 handed axes need re-animating. They currently copy the Mace animations which makes them out to be power weapons when that isn’t really what they are at all. They should be scrappy weapons for up close brawling, and the tracer paths as dictated by the animations don’t support that. Tweaking the numbers on this one won’t cut it.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

No. We make skins now.

Sir, you are my hero. Well played.

• Just give every player who uses this weapon a beard, no-one else. Then it will be balanced.

• @McLumberjack:

From the poleaxe thread I came to the conclusion that the 2 handed axes need re-animating. They currently copy the Mace animations which makes them out to be power weapons when that isn’t really what they are at all. They should be scrappy weapons for up close brawling, and the tracer paths as dictated by the animations don’t support that. Tweaking the numbers on this one won’t cut it.

And what exactly would you suggest. There isn’t exactly too many choices to take. Also kinda doubt that TB could be arsed.

• @Martys:

And what exactly would you suggest. There isn’t exactly too many choices to take. Also kinda doubt that TB could be arsed.

I also doubt it.

But:

1: It shouldn’t shoulder back so far before the overhead, this would allow for handle hits like the swords and vanguard polearms. If they’re going to exist axes should have them too.
    2: The overhead should have more lateral movement. Swords have a left or right handed ‘tail’ to theirs that the axes don’t share.
    3: Axes travel further on their horizontal swings than swords, and take longer to do it. The result is something painfully slow. Rather than a big mace return swing, the alt swing should be the handle end first. Less damaging, but a quicker, shorter return. A bit like the quarterstaff.

Perhaps a unique system of primary swings: LMB is always a right hander, combos going over the head to deliver another, an alt swing combo throws the handle from the left for a quick, short range combo. Would certainly make for a unique weapon, rather than the current mace clone.

Lets watch the Knight of Flowers get his arse handed to him and see where he went wrong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teUUiqo1Ky8

• @gndo:

Just give every player who uses this weapon a beard, no-one else. Then it will be balanced.

Blatantly overpowered!

• Make it a dane axe, sharpen the horn, and give it better stab damage.

The pointed “horns” at each end of the head (öxarhyrna) were kept sharp so they could be used offensively, as was done by Kolbeinn in chapter 5 of Grænlendinga þáttur. He drove the horn of his axe into Þórð’s throat, killing him. The horns can also be used for slashing attacks, such as across the belly.

Because the axe horn widens so much more than a spear point or a sword point, the horns create vicious wounds when used for stabbing.

http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/manufacturing/text/viking_axe.htm

• @AngryDave:

Blatantly overpowered!

But beard feints are shit tier, get on my level.

• I hate beard feints. You come in with the appearance of all clean shaven looking then… *boom *… full grizzly. Total overpowered BS.

• @AngryDave:

I hate beard feints. You come in with the appearance of all clean shaven looking then… *boom *… full grizzly. Total overpowered BS.

lol/10chars

• Wolfy’s changes in his balance mod is amazing, makes the Bearded totally viable

• Shit on it.

• BZZZT How would Sean Connery say Arthur Fonzarelli’s catchphrase?

DING