Forcing FOV higher than 120 via console - is it allowed?

• Title. What do the devs have to say about this?

I use a FOV of 115, just saying

• Open console and type “Fov ###”

= Fov you want.

And yes it’s a player option other wise TBS would of disabled it when they removed “devbehind view 1”

• i think i once read that FOV of over 120 is deemed as exploiting/Cheating/whatever

• I don’t think they like it, it’s like a cheat after all, a visual cheat, we need a locked fov for everyone, same sensitivity for everyone to so no drags and crazy shit, and we should all play with controller to, maybe then the game would be fair.

• @Edmund:

I don’t think they like it, it’s like a cheat after all, a visual cheat, we need a locked fov for everyone, same sensitivity for everyone to so no drags and crazy shit, and we should all play with controller to, maybe then the game would be fair.

This is stupid.

• @Edmund:

I don’t think they like it, it’s like a cheat after all, a visual cheat, we need a locked fov for everyone, same sensitivity for everyone to so no drags and crazy shit, and we should all play with controller to, maybe then the game would be fair.

That’s a straw man argument if I ever saw one.

• I love the controller lulz. I play with a controller and have found a few movements I can do that keyboard users simply cannot. I can move my stick to a certain point right before strafing breaks sprint and just sprint completely horizontal lol

• @Goregasm:

I love the controller lulz. I play with a controller and have found a few movements I can do that keyboard users simply cannot. I can move my stick to a certain point right before strafing breaks sprint and just sprint completely horizontal lol

Everyone runs on the horizontal.

• Well, strafing, horizontal? Sprint strafe el oh el

• @Goregasm:

Well strafing, horizontal?

You mean you can run sideways, I think. Horizontal is the opposite of running straight up in the air lol.

• It computed perfectly into my stoned mind.

• @Edmund:

Actually they’re fine with it.
    edit:
    nvm, too tired to tell sarcasm.

• Go get some sleep Varys.

• We should remove third person too since it lets you see more then people in first person.

• @alterbyme:

That’s a straw man argument if I ever saw one.

It’s more of a Slippery Slope fallacy than the Straw Man brah

• They’ve removed more console commands than I can remember. I’m pretty sure they’d cap the FOV to 120 a long time ago if they thought it shouldn’t be in the game.

Tell you what, set your fov to whatever you prefer, and forget about what others use because they use what they prefer.

• its allowed

high fov is fine, 3rd person is way worse

• Yeah it’s only 3rd person combined with the ungodly FOV that isn’t fine.