List of things to go over in tuts.

• This post is deleted!

• @Rickvs:

A bit off topic, but that’s what I hate about kicks. Your opponent is constantly throwing his foot and yet you’re the one running out of stamina and subsequently getting stunned.

One of the larger reasons I stopped playing, among others. Half the game is spent managing a yellow bar, with many fights ending 10 to 15 seconds before they’re actually over because you can predict the stamina drought. There’s certain times I’ll linger on for another 15 seconds when I might as well just throw my hands up in the air and die.

Same thing with health: “Well, I just got shot by an arrow and have no health. I can sit here for 20 seconds while it refills, or I can rush in and die, respawn and be well on my way to retracing my steps with a full bar of health.”

It got to the point where if I was low on both in a bad location, I’d just F10. Committing suicide… viable tactic?

Chivalry - Suicide Tactics (How to die like a fucking man) <------- Next video

• Any input for my idea- I’m hoping to achieve what JP was talking about. It starts out with the basics and is made ina way where at any point you can go to advanced section to see that kind of stuff or learn how to parry at the start. It’ll constantly prompt you to move up or down if you want.

• @NoVaLombardia:

This is what I have so far as a list (in no particular order)

Rainbow Slash

Call it whatever you want. I used that name because I learned it from Moose and that’s what he called it. I thought Ogre slash would have been a good name for it in reference to Moose as well.

I believe you also left out the side overhead (NA calls it waterfall for some reason). Waterfall is much better in terms of non duels and fighting in general.

• Mod

You should also mention the .ini exploits half the “pros” are using. Mention which skins are worth forking out cash on. Mention how fucking broken this mother fucking game is.

• @Tyoson:

You should also mention the .ini exploits half the “pros” are using. Mention which skins are worth forking out cash on. Mention how fucking broken this mother fucking game is.

/10saltyscrubs

• @Naleaus:

Call it whatever you want. I used that name because I learned it from Moose and that’s what he called it. I thought Ogre slash would have been a good name for it in reference to Moose as well.

I believe you also left out the side overhead (NA calls it waterfall for some reason). Waterfall is much better in terms of non duels and fighting in general.

The names are always to do with what the tracers look like when you execute the move

• @Daiyuki:

The names are always to do with what the tracers look like when you execute the move

If that’s the case everything should look like a rainbow then.

Waterfall is pretty synonymous to a Z-stab… just using an overhead instead. I would probably say the overhead would look more like a C shape. C-Overhead? Z-Overhead? C-Smash? Z-Chop? Help me out here.

• Desperado leanback and bandit backslash.

• @H:

Same thing with health: “Well, I just got shot by an arrow and have no health. I can sit here for 20 seconds while it refills, or I can rush in and die, respawn and be well on my way to retracing my steps with a full bar of health.”

Health regen has needed a serious buff for a while now. I don’t see why the regen speed doesn’t gradually increase. It is almost always beneficial to F10 and respawn than wait it out. Neither option is at all fun and I don’t see any downside to improving it as long as it’s implemented right. The only thing I can think of is that it’s a bit of a nerf archers (OH NO!) who land a shot at very long range. But then again, that kind of shot shouldn’t have the power to stop an entire team’s attack completely for the length of a respawn timer like it does now.

• What about the crouching lookback fist overhead. It’s like an overhead smash up into the testicles of your opponent while your back is to them.

• @NabsterHax:

Health regen has needed a serious buff for a while now. I don’t see why the regen speed doesn’t gradually increase. It is almost always beneficial to F10 and respawn than wait it out. Neither option is at all fun and I don’t see any downside to improving it as long as it’s implemented right. The only thing I can think of is that it’s a bit of a nerf archers (OH NO!) who land a shot at very long range. But then again, that kind of shot shouldn’t have the power to stop an entire team’s attack completely for the length of a respawn timer like it does now.

I hear you. The game just feels like a chore to play sometimes. You can execute everything flawlessly on your end and still get shit on because of how the mechanics work in concert in certain scenarios. Working around stamina and health regeneration feels limiting and prematurely leads to many deaths. It’s the same concept as archers. The annoyance factor moves in on the overall experience and fun factor.

And even if you omit that, there’s still so much more that’s wrong. A parry fail here, shield death there, flinched in release here… there’s lots of crap that can stack the aggravation real quick.

• Then add in the DW system. A base regen rate that’s very slow, slower than current, but the regen speed increases the longer you go without using and stamina or being hit.

• @NoVaLombardia:

This is what I have so far as a list (in no particular order)

Let me know what I may be missing:

–—

• Windup, Release, Recovery >> explains each of these states and their limitations, as well as what happens when you get hit by a melee weapon during these states.

• All About Combos >> explains what a combo is and how to execute one, as well as the limitations of certain combos. Also talks about combo-parry.

• All About Stamina >> goes into detail about stamina costs for various actions and what happens when you are low and/or out of stamina

• Torso Mechanics >> goes into detail about how the torso moves as you look around. Explains how that is used for ducking and matrixing and other ways to avoid hits and/or head hits, or delay being flinched until your release.

• More on Attacking and Blocking >> goes into detail about the parry box and basic ways to bypass parries and blocks. Also touches on how far you have to turn to defend a very close proximity attack. Talks about Parry into Parry.

• The Riposte >> explains how to perform and the details of it. Also explains the difference between using and not using a shield.

• Feint Mechanics >> explains how to feint and what the feint window is.

• Flinch Mechanics >> goes into details about the flinch state. Also touches on the “flinch” state when you hit an obstacle with your weapon.

• Feint to Parry >> explains a useful tactic that many may not think of using early on and explains a way to set up a bind for FtP. (Also CFtP).

• Initiative and the “Locked” state >> explains a basic idea of what initiative is and what a locked state is (think parry lock).

• All About Kicks >> explains the difference between the two kicks and their uses.

• Dragging and Accelerating >> explains the real-time swing mechanic.

• Turn Speed >> explains about turn speeds on different weapons. Also explains about turn speed reduction as you change directions during an attack.

• The Z-Stab >> goes into detail on how to perform a basic Z-stab

• The Rainbow Slash >> goes into detail on how to perform a rainbow slash. (Can we call this an Arc-Slash… please?)

• The Reverse Overhead >> goes into detail on how to perform a reverse overhead.

• All About Projectiles >> goes into detail about each type of projectiles.

• All About Dodge >> goes into details about dodging.

The following would be videos that I am unsure if they should go in a series about combat mechanics… they seem more pro-tip type vids, yes? Will still do the videos of course, but don’t think they will be a part of the series.

• Fighting Alongside a Team >> Tips about how to fight effectively with a team instead of LMB mashing and vanguard charging into a group of 4 teammates that are killing 1 enemy.

• Spacing and Footwork >> Explains the importance of good spacing and footwork.

• Alternative Fakeouts >> goes over various alternative ways to feign attacks or feign directions of attacks.

• Blunt, Pierce, and Chop >> Explains the advantages of certain weapons against classes.

A series just for Catapult spots and timings

A series just for Mindgames >> this one I want to tackle sometime, because it seems like a very difficult concept to put into a clear definition. A very abstract concept, but the simplicity of this game feels like it allows a great way to demonstrate such concepts.

Looks great to me. WE NEED A NEW TUTORIAL.

• Americans in charge of making tutorial lol.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Americans in charge of making tutorial lol.

What’s that supposed to mean :P

• @chivalryinterested:

What’s that supposed to mean :P

Rumpel likes to put out troll baits like that a lot. Things like that and just saying the NA competitive chiv scene is inferior to EU’s.

C’mon Rumpel, we know that no one falls for that anymore :P

• Pretty much done with the first vid. Just need to work on the logo animation and I’ll be uploading it. First video is on windup, release, and recovery states.

I’d like to finish these faster, but juggling RL stuff, and a job at the same time can be draining. I like the job, but to come home after 10-12 hours and to more of what I was doing at work isn’t exactly enticing.

Hopefully now that all the base stuff is done, I can get at least 1 video per week. I want to aim for 2 per week.

• Here’s the first vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwQ7NB_e6Lg

Pardon the artifacts. This will show up on the second video I do too, because I really don’t want to remix all the footage. So the 3rd video and up will have higher bitrates and have better quality to them.

• Nova seduced me with his soft voice.
    1. I think you should make coloured opponent for windup/release/recovery for entire video.
    2. Link spreadsheet with timers for every weapon in the description and mention it in video.