Attacks not going where the aim cursor is

• in first person they almost go there but not quite

in third person they go no where near it

if you go on a ballista you can see one of the aimers is a bit off on that two since there are two dots that appear on the screen side by side

is this why the tracers are a bit off as well?

• No, inaccurate tracers are somewhat of their own issue.

I’ve had a lot of trouble with this when I started playing the game. Sometimes I still miss horribly due to relying on the useless crosshair(which I should have turned off, I know).

Some weapon animations, like the Broadsword overhead and the Javelin stab really need to be tweaked a bit in this regard, as there are a few weapons in the game that are really pushing the limit on how far away from the crosshair they actually strike.

• You’re supposed to learn the animations of the weapons and aim them that way, not rely on a crosshair. You can turn it off with the U key.

• @Rickvs:

I’ve had a lot of trouble with this when I started playing the game. Sometimes I still miss horribly due to relying on the useless crosshair(which I should have turned off, I know).

Some weapon animations, like the Broadsword overhead and the Javelin stab really need to be tweaked a bit in this regard, as there are a few weapons in the game that are really pushing the limit on how far away from the crosshair they actually strike.

yeah it’s frustrating, I’m hoping this is a bug from numerous animation changes and they accidentally misaligned it or something because it renders the crosshair useless otherwise, and actually a distraction. Some LMBs and overheads don’t even cross it at any point in their swing for some weapons which is rather silly.

@Flippy:

You’re supposed to learn the animations of the weapons and aim them that way, not rely on a crosshair. You can turn it off with the U key.

I don’t know if torn banner have said anything somewhere else on this but I think you’re mistaken that the crosshair is irrelevant to aiming, otherwise they are misleading a lot of players by having it on by default, who will be frustrated that their attacks aren’t landing where the crosshair is, which in every other game serves as an interaction point afaik. It doesn’t make any sense not to have your strikes cross the centre of the screen, I doubt they want to have guess-work in an otherwise accurate game.