New, non-rank based, cosmetic unlocks. Suggestions?

• I have been seeing some debate on whether or not there should be more cosmetic items, and I noticed that lot of players would like to see skill based unlocks for these types of items, rather than rank.

The one thing I do not like about rank based unlocks is the fact that a lot of rank 40-49ers are some of the best in the game, yet they do not have a golden helmet because they don’t spend time farming in pubs. Some of the current rank 50+'s simply don’t seem to have the same skill as others that are lower ranked.

For example, you have Johnthebaptist. Rank 49, 1500 hours, arguably one of the best knights in the game. Then you have your pubbie, rank 52, 800 hours. Not very skilled when compared. Not saying that the rank 52 isn’t significant; I just think that the rank 49 should get something too, for something more skill based. For spending more time on other aspects of the game that do not include pub farming.

What I propose is that there are special unlocks, like Flippy mentioned, but not rank based. Something SKILL based. Although there will be boosting (unfairly staging the unlock), the unlock should be hard enough so that it would require a lot of work to even stage it. Like, win 5 games in a row of TO with at least 45 kills in each match, with a K/D of at least 2. THAT would be fun to try, yet hard to do and not easily staged. Possibly make it so that it’s only able to be unlocked on Official servers?

You could go on and on, like win 3 LTS maps without dying once, and with a minimum of 17 kills each map. Too easy? Win 3 TDMs without dying once, with at least 20 kills on each map. Win 3 FFA’s with at least 40 kills each time, and with a K/D of at least 2. Win 20 Official Duel Mode maps, in a row flawlessly, no losses. Having an item of recognition for these things would make me want to go out and try it RIGHT NOW.

Post your suggestions and feedback! :P

• All you will get are 10min recolours.

• 49 after 1500 hours???

Does he only duel?

• @lemonater47:

49 after 1500 hours???

Does he only duel?

Pretty much. What’s funny and I forgot to mention is that I have 1500 hours, and I am rank 47.

-.-

• Why do you need something to tell you how skilled you are or what you’ve accomplished? Are people this desperate after attention? I’d rather have them put more focus on the gameplay than useless helmets and other customizations.

• Well you should definitely set a higher standard for those rewards lol. I am 50+ who mostly pubs although I do like classic duel servers as well and I rarely go below a 3 kd. Honestly the only place you will find truly skilless rank 50s are the 32p lag-spam-backstab-fest servers since no one decent can stand them for anything more than shits amd giggles. In my experience NA central servers are like half clannies, one fourth decent casual pub player and one fourth noob. If they were more noob populated that’d be different of course. Id say maybe a fancy helmet for 100 kills in a pub TO match, although that’d be ez to farm with a friend or two. It’ll also encourage people to stack defense too, which isn’t good. Rank is easier imo, and anyway it’s just a hat/skin at the end of the day.

• @kywild:

Why do you need something to tell you how skilled you are or what you’ve accomplished? Are people this desperate after attention? I’d rather have them put more focus on the gameplay than useless helmets and other customizations.

Did I make it seem like an urgent matter? Jeez, some people are so cynical.

Of course they should spend time on gameplay, but customization is a feature in the game and if it is going to be implemented it should be done correctly.

You act as if they have only one person working on the game and can only do one thing at a time.

• @kywild:

Why do you need something to tell you how skilled you are or what you’ve accomplished? Are people this desperate after attention? I’d rather have them put more focus on the gameplay than useless helmets and other customizations.

While I can see your point, it gives something for players to strive for. Yeah it’s meaningless but some people like to have challenges they can eventually accomplish. It gives the game something extra. Right now there is nothing really like this.

• I agree with you OP, it would be nice to have that, but this:

@JimmyTryhard:

Possibly make it so that it’s only able to be unlocked on Official servers?

Is a bad idea man, not everyone can play on official servers due to ping. I’m in Brazil so the official servers lag as shit here. Unless TB makes an official latin america server or something.

But my sugestion, well, maybe give the players something when they won X numbers of duels in his career.

• @JimmyTryhard:

Pretty much. What’s funny and I forgot to mention is that I have 1500 hours, and I am rank 47.

-.-

Well then you can’t call him one of the best knights in the game he is one of the best duellers in the game.

• @lemonater47:

Well then you can’t call him one of the best knights in the game he is one of the best duellers in the game.

Players with a lot of duel experience tend to dominate all forms of the game once they get into the swing of fighting multiple opponents, which isn’t exactly hard. The same cannot be said for pubbers.

On topic though, a helm for winning 1000 duels or something would be pretty neat.

• I’m rubbing my crystal ball* and I see achievement farming in this game’s future.

*Workplace accident, long story.

• @lemonater47:

Have you seen his teamplay? I was actually referring to both duels and teamplay. He is literally one of the best knights in all of the gamemodes. I scrim with him daily. I have seen his skill.

• @Vanguard:

I agree with you OP, it would be nice to have that, but this:

Is a bad idea man, not everyone can play on official servers due to ping. I’m in Brazil so the official servers lag as shit here. Unless TB makes an official latin america server or something.

But my sugestion, well, maybe give the players something when they won X numbers of duels in his career.

The only reason Official servers would be a good idea is to prevent staging it. But yeah TBS doesn’t have servers for everywhere unfortunately!

Also, duel stats are broken. But if they did fix em, that would be awesome! I have over 5700 wins and like 2k losses. However, it stopped counting and at one point told me I had 0 losses and like 10k wins. They should fix that shit.