Buff Shields!(MW)

• I usually Play Knight in MW,And i always played with tower shield.I always loved shields and used them in this game,But they are too weak,and the main problem is I’m running out of stamina too quickly,I don’t have problems with kicks or shield lower timing,etc…My main problem is stamina.When i face Shield Players like me i can fight in peace,knowing that my shield will block their attacks some good time.But when i’m fighting players with 2-handers i need to be careful and go back so i can regain my stamina(usually after 3 blocks…) When i’m facing players with Double Axe or PoleAxe or Maul That are very good i only use holy water sprinkler and sadly…feints,yes feints. holy water sprinkler and feints are my only salvation against good palyers with poleaxe and doubleaxe,sometimes i don’t use feints but i still use holy water sprinkler(HWS) I can only regain stamina with shields in fights by going back or face-hugging them and looking down so they think i will hit them,but actually i’m regaining stamina and then i attack them. I’m really upset because i’m using tower shield and it’s weak and i’m that kind of player who knows how to attack with a shield and how to use it and carefully watch my stamina So my suggestions for the next 2014 update(I really hope there will be including shield buffs and other stuff): •Slightly Decrease stamina penalty when facing players with 2 handers(maul,doubleaxe,GRANDMACE OFC,and poleaxe) I mean increase the durability,Just like in Dark Souls,So In the next update a shield will be able to take MORE hits than he used to do until he runs out of stamina,that is all I want I think that shields are unrealistic at this moment in the game with the stamina stuff,but they are also good at something: Blocking projectiles,weapon speed and players cant feint you so easy because u have a shield.You can’t parry with the shield you are just blocking.So make the shield useful In duels please :3. :frown: For All The Shield Users Out There
    Here is a slice of a sweet watermelon :watermelon:,He is happy.Enjoy!

• Well the thing is, blocking a large two handed weapon with a shield DOES use a lot of stamina. A big burly bastard swinging a big heavy club at you, full strength, causes a lot of impact. Plus, the tower shield is the heaviest shield and costs the most to block with. My suggestion, if you’re having trouble with Tower, is take a flail as your primary, and try out a few secondaries with the Heater shield. Norse sword is especially deadly with a heater. Morningstar is for style points. Hell, even the flails themselves can be pretty potent wepaons.

• what i think is that it’s actually interesting that it doesn’t costs stamina to HIT a shield with something like the Maul but only if you miss… in reality (i’ve seen many people comparing this game to reality, in combat as well as skins etc.) it would allready Cost stamina to even lift such a thing over your head or swing it around… it wouldn’t matter if you hit something or not (atleast afaik)

if blocking makes you tired, why doesn’t attacking (if you hit) especially if e.g. an archer blocks an overhead of the great mace or the maul with a tiny dagger that (again realistically seen) would just have been pushed out of the way

hmm stamina costs on attacks might even limit how usefull the helicoptering in 3rd person is…

• Get a buddy and a padded, heavy weapon. Try swinging it around in the air, then try hitting your bud. The momentum is absorbed by the person hit, which is also where the damage comes from. If you miss, you have to use your muscle to decelerate the object from full speed, which takes a lot of energy compared to letting it hit something and instantly lose its force. This is where hitting costs less stamina than missing.

• @ShieldBlocking:

I always loved shields and used them in this game,But they are too weak,and the main problem is I’m running out of stamina too quickl

I’m really upset because i’m using tower shield and it’s weak

Yea uh you must be playing a different game than me, because both knights with their TS cowering as well as MAAs with their shields have incredibly low penalties stamina wise for far too many weapon hits.
    Maybe a small % of two-handers stand out as effective against shields, but the sad truth is that far too many weapons just end up being like pebbles chucked against the superturtle.

So you get all the benefit of having to barely aim your block and never having to time it and you’re safe for multiple blocks/hits vs the majority of weapons.

I think more stamina cost, not less is where this should be headed, and for good reason.

• @Oy:

If you miss, you have to use your muscle to decelerate the object from full speed, which takes a lot of energy compared to letting it hit something and instantly lose its force. This is where hitting costs less stamina than missing.

True, that.

And in game terms, the shield eats up stamina simply to prevent people from turtling and taking forever to fight. I don’t think they need a buff at the moment, but their hitboxes are still off by a bit. If I’m not mistaken, they still count as part of your torso when idle, which can lead to some silly melee kills. Blocking sideways thrusts is also a pain unless you’ve got a solid hang of how these things work.