I saw a chargin' King the other day. Should kings help the battle?

• I was playing the other day, and the freaking Agathas broke in our super cool Evil Lava Fortress Crib/Base. But I was going to stay back and guard the King, but he ran in. Killing fools left and right. I asked him is that really smart to do, and he said, "If your as good as me, then you can help your team, and not be killed as king. He got beheaded a few minutes later due to a Zerg rush. But do you think its a good idea to battle on the field of battle while being such a critical character?

• Nine.

/10char

• Depends entirely on the player and who you’re playing with. I rush in all the time when I get king on Stoneshill, if people heed the endless z7 spam and come along then we win, if not, I die and they all piss and moan about me being a shit king haha. Tis better to stand and fight for a beautiful death than cower in some corner waiting to be cooked alive by those twitchy little shits.

• Whenever I’m king I always rush. No sense in delaying the match.

• On stoneshill of you are good its fine.

Citadel not so. Things can go wrong easily.

• Battle kings are the most glorious.

• I rush a fair bit as king. Stoneshill I like to wait until the last 2 minutes so the action music starts playing and the rush feels more epic. Citadel I rush as soon as possible because the maps too laggy, and the sooner I get it over with the better. (FIX THE FPS DROPS ON CITADEL!)

• I try to run around as much as possible pissing off all my teammates.

• It’s fun to do a stand-off as King and actually have good results. One time I saw a king in Stoneshill make it all the way to the broken castle gate, attacking Masons coming out of their spawn. The only thing that ruins it is when 5 people go Archerand all aim at your head, and you have no good shield knights or counter-archers for backup.

• If there’s no archers it’s awesome.

• It always depends on how the teams are structured and skill levels. The problem with a camping king is that stupid teammates tend to stay too close to protect you. This has devastating TK damage and grouped up firepot damage with no real way of escape because you get bunched up. As King I usually stay very mobile trying to keep on the opposite side of major rushes and go to pick off solo attackers.

I would say though I have died more times due to team wounding from teammates staying too close and not forging ahead to stop the rushes or being trapped by teammates. But normally the rule of thumb is that the best player becomes king so you really should have faith in their abilities and give them the space they need.

• I don’t think so, but if everyone on the team wants to then fine. But I think choosing for your self to rush as king is selfish and not fair to your team who probably want to win.

• @SOC:

I don’t think so, but if everyone on the team wants to then fine. But I think choosing for your self to rush as king is selfish and not fair to your team who probably want to win.

Until an enemy gets near you and you get team damaged to 20% health, because they all pinned you into a circle, trying to kill that one enemy.

• King needs to show his men that he has, what it takes to fight. Lighten up the spirit of his fellow soldiers! Don’t charge like a mindless fool - just play smart.

• @Chimpanzer:

Until an enemy gets near you and you get team damaged to 20% health, because they all pinned you into a circle, trying to kill that one enemy.

You gotta out footwork your team mates as well :P

• As King, I prefer camping their spawn.

• @SOC:

You gotta out footwork your team mates as well :P

Totally agree.

So I just charge out hue

• It doesn’t change a thing in the end, and being a king often means shying away from archers and whatnot.

So yeah, have at 'em.

• a non fighting king is a useless king. i like to attack bigger rushes and help out a bit with a kill or two, if i take half damage + then i will retreat for health and watch for archers. once i regain my strength i pretty much rinse+repeat until about 1 min left then i charge the gardens

as mason, i just stand there and die to my vanguard and messer allies smacking me around… and usually all while the firepots are flinching me 50 times so i basically have an earthquake going on in my headset.