Chivalry 2vs2 or 3vs3 - Is there enough interest in the commuinty - Hive Gamer

• To the competitive scene of chivalry,

Ok guys, we’re really running out of steam here. So, as a final attempt at organized competitive play this is what we’re proposing. Seeing how it would appear that the competitive community is really all over the place with the different tournaments and ladders and events getting scheduled on top of other events. It really seems chaotic, in a sense. At some times it also seems that there is no form of commitment amongst the competitive players. Although it’s frustrating I don’t feel it’s a dead cause, yet. So given everything that I’m seeing going on in the competitive scene I believe the best overall solution, competitively, would be a league. This will allow players to coordinate when they want to have their matches. And At the end you take the top two players from each group and pit them against each other in the same format as a single elimination tournament.

On a side note, I see a lot of talented individuals setting up events, setting in-depth rules, and balance tweaks that they feel are right. Please understand that we’re not trying to come in and take anything over, but we’re also not trying to exclude anyone in the process. I’m not sure if this where we lost your support but it seems to be the fact that because we support 3rd person view it has turned a lot of people off. My argument is that, for me, I only enjoy playing Chivalry in 3rd person. First person is ok, and it’s a pretty cool experience, but I just prefer 3rd person and a good number of other people do as well judging from the amount of feedback we got. I’ve thought about this and there’s both a positive and a negative side to 3rd person. I’m assuming the gripe with it is field of view, thus being the positive for 3rd person. However, the negative side to 3rd person is that it’s a lot harder to block and easier for another player in 1ts to get a hit in from my experience and what I’ve been told. So, my question is. Are you guys willing to try it out competitively? Maybe we’ll even gain some players.

But seriously, to the event organizers, we are eagerly looking for anyone who wants to help run organized events inside the Chivalry community and has a passion to do so. We’ve put a lot of time and energy into delivering cool and powerful features. These experiences will not only appeal to the competitive scene but also spectators alike. Thus giving you competitive players what we like to call “fame”

Yes, we have an ideal event structure in place. It’s needed if you truly want to be considered a competitive organized community. There’s a very logical reason we want to do things this way. This is literally just the tip of the iceberg for us. If you spend any amount of time on HiveGamer you will see we have a lot going on. This is literally not a marketing pitch but I truly believe that a community just like chivalry could not only survive but thrive in the experience we are trying to present to PC gamers.
    We’re going to change the way people play PC games online. We are working on some very exciting software that we have been developing for over 4 years now. As I said, this is not a marketing pitch so I’ll just leave a link (Here) and you can choose to read about what we have going on if you like, I really encourage you to do so. If what you read excites you and you like what you hear and want to be a part of something big we’re eagerly waiting to hear from you.

Continuing with my idea on our last attempt to bring structured competitive play to chivalry.

What if we was to shift our efforts to a 2vs2 or a 3v3 and do it as league play?
    Players/teams sign up for a league, then once ready an admin will start the league and split competitors into groups. Each competitor will play each player/team in their group.
    HG Seasons**

Seasons are linked together leagues. If you have played in a previous season, then your performance will affect your group in the new league. Top players/teams of each group will move up a group and bottom players/teams of each group will move down. New players/teams (those who were not in previous season) will be allocated to a group randomly.
    Knockout Stage
    **The knockout stage takes the top 2 players/teams from each group (after all matches have been played) and puts them against each other in the same format as a single elimination tournament. Thus an overall winner of the league is found.

The question is…. Do we have your support?

• The problem with 3rd person is the fact that you can look around corners and over obstacles, or THROUGH obstacles (like the bridge on Stoneshill from underneath) which is so much of an advantage over first person that it’s silly. Looking through walls and shit is gamebreaking on its own as well.

• I would just host a tournament instead of a season or anything but that’s just my suggestion.

• What kind of event hosters / staff are you looking for this league?

Like streamers / casters for the knockout? or something else? I might be interested in assisting with a 2v2 at least.

• @Dr.Nick:

I would just host a tournament instead of a season or anything but that’s just my suggestion.

We have one setup Here

@Daiyuki:

The problem with 3rd person is the fact that you can look around corners and over obstacles, or THROUGH obstacles (like the bridge on Stoneshill from underneath) which is so much of an advantage over first person that it’s silly. Looking through walls and shit is gamebreaking on its own as well.

What about the advantage that a first person view has over a third person view when in close melee combat? It’s a lot harder to try and block in 3rd over 1st person view. Do you not feel perhaps they even each other out?

Let’s just say we go with first person view only in our Leagues for 2vs2 or 3vs3. However we will keep the 1vs1 just as it is. Open to both 1st and 3rd player view. For the players like myself that enjoy 3rd person view. Would this be something you guys would support?

• @Daiyuki:

Looking through walls and shit is gamebreaking on its own as well.

I even hear that when people look through a wall in third person, they get a 300% damage increase for 20 seconds.
    Fucking broken.

Joined btw.

• Here’s the last time the comp community was polled about 3rd person: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18254-%C4%B6%D8%A3%C4%BB%C4%83-NA-2v2-Tournament

Knowing where to dance and precisely who to target switch to will always outweigh any of the benefits 1st person has.

• I like the idea of seasons. Some sort of round robin style play over a period of time that accumulates into playoffs would be cool. I think it would promote activity and give the clans something to look forward to. Also would be a good way to rank the participating clans.

• @NoVaLombardia:

What kind of event hosters / staff are you looking for this league?

Like streamers / casters for the knockout? or something else? I might be interested in assisting with a 2v2 at least.

You can leave an app here

• @HiveGaming:

We have one setup Here

But…that just says 1vs1 open season. It doesn’t have the word tournament anywhere in the title. Also you JUST tried hosting a 1vs1 event. Why don’t you run some team events instead?

• @Dr.Nick:

But…that just says 1vs1 open season. It doesn’t have the word tournament anywhere in the title. Also you JUST tried hosting a 1vs1 event. Why don’t you run some team events instead?

We’re more focused on “true competitive play” with nice prizes at the end of the season. We’ll let the community handle the different types of tournaments. We’re looking to establish structured competitive play. With that said we hear what your saying in terms of 2vs2 and 3vs3. However we need people from the community to step up and say hey I would love to help run that. ATM we are focusing on 3 core games - CS :GO / Insurgency / and hopefully Chivalry… As much as I would love too I can’t be everywhere at once. Right now I’m really needed in the software/coding area of our client. As I said our main goal is to get the software done. However competitive play is also just as important. So we’re doing what we can with the website until our Hive Gaming client goes beta.

what Im asking the community is… are you ready for something like this? Or do you prefer to just do what your doing. Please understand I’m not saying there is anything wrong whit the way your doing it. Maybe you guys are happy with it. We was just trying to help. No hard feelings if it don’t work out with the community.

• Since my other replies are still awaiting moderation…sorry if this gets triple posted.

I like the idea of seasons. Round robin style play leading up to a playoff season would be cool. Advertising on twitch and casted videos on youtube would be good for public draw. Giving the competitive scene names and faces will make the game more relatable to the public!

Would also be a good way to rank the clans. Make the walking sticks more legitimate.

• @SargeTheGhey:

Since my other replies are still awaiting moderation…sorry if this gets triple posted.

I like the idea of seasons. Round robin style play leading up to a playoff season would be cool. Advertising on twitch and casted videos on youtube would be good for public draw. Giving the competitive scene names and faces will make the game more relatable to the public!

Would also be a good way to rank the clans. Make the walking sticks more legitimate.

Love this idea too. And “true competitive play” consists of team tournaments. That’s what will gather the most interest. So I’m down to participate in 2v2s and 3v3s. Just gotta knock the rust off.

• To me it feels like 3 vs 3’s are more strategical, exciting, and fun. Definitely prefer it over a 2vs2, maybe even over 1vs1s.
    (If you want to let archers arch you’d be a saint you know? Just saying.)

• @Woohoopy:

To me it feels like 3 vs 3’s are more strategical, exciting, and fun. Definitely prefer it over a 2vs2, maybe even over 1vs1s.
    (If you want to let archers arch you’d be a saint you know? Just saying.)

I’ve been thinking on this… I’m more on the 3vs3 side vs 2vs2 ATM. We will eventually cater to all three
    1 vs 1 | 2 vs 2 | 3 vs 3

If we was going to do a 3 vs 3, We would allow archers to arch however only 1 archer per team.
    I’m even thinking about allowing the use of projectiles just for this reason.

feedback?

• @HiveGaming:

I’ve been thinking on this… I’m more on the 3vs3 side vs 2vs2 ATM. We will eventually cater to all three
    1 vs 1 | 2 vs 2 | 3 vs 3

If we was going to do a 3 vs 3, We would allow archers to arch however only 1 archer per team.
    I’m even thinking about allowing the use of projectiles just for this reason.

feedback?

Please don’t allow archers. Would reduce what would be a skillful teamfight to a “which side has the better archer” camping match. Even with more players it’s just so boring for both the players and the viewers to sit back and watch both archers take pot-shots at eachother until one of them dies or one of the teams gets bored and decides to rush.

Of course you don’t need to have an archer, but not having one would put you at a major disadvantage (they’d just go Bodkins and tear apart the melee).

• Archers in anything less than a 4v4 is wasted. Don’t include archers.

• Maybe IDK, I would look at a Archer like you do a Healer in PVP. You DPS the Archer and move on. Also adding use of projectiles adds a hole new Lv of skill and obstacles. Yea I can see how a good team could come in and mop up. But I don’t see how it could take away form the skill involved.

With that said is this based on speculation? or has there actually been a 3 vs 3 event with only one archer per team and projectiles that turned out to be a disaster?

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong but I am saying don’t be afraid of change or trying something new. If it can be done in a positive way

• I’m sure every clan has been involved in 3vs with archers. The pace is just different. Archers skill level really does make the difference. Kim Jong Kill summed it up perfectly.

And while in theory going after the archer works, in a serious match you aren’t just going to be able to DPS as easily as you might be thinking. Plus this changes class tactics. Two knights, an archer. One knight, one maa, one archer. Both shields. Just gets boring.

• Sweet cock-gobbling christ NO ARCHERS. Not only is it insanely boring for the players, but it would be incredibly boring for the spectators too.

The round would start and it would just be a Warbow broadhead match to see who can get the lucky long-range shot first. It would take 3 minutes each and every round.