Deflecting attacks

• Please remove this, if it’s actually supposed to be like that. I’ve experienced a lot of situations when my team mate parried an incoming attack from an enemy and the attack killed me anyway afterwards.
    F.e. when an attack is coming from the right and I stay to my mate’s left, he parries the attack, I die nonetheless by magic. Also the best moments were when I stood behind a team mate who parried an enemy in front of him and I was killed anyway. Happened multiple times to me, even with short weapons.

• Has never happened to me.

• happens pretty often actually

• Wait what?

What is this.

• if there’s two people in the path of a swing, and the person in front parries, the person second in line will get hit with the “ghost” of the parried swing.

It’s not all the time this happens, but it’s frequent enough to be noticeable.

• Mod

I’ve team killed my mates when this happens. This isn’t urgent though. I think we need a new skin for the archer warbow.

• Global Moderator

I’ve don’t this to enemies. Pretty wierd. You swing right to left the guy on the right parries it yet the guy on the left still dies.

• Yeah this always makes me lol when it happens. Usually in FFA when I attack some bloke and he parries and the guy behind him loses his head. We pause to look about, shrug, and continue our fight.

• This only ever happens with charge attacks to me but these are really inconsistent anyways

• Global Moderator

@Peckles:

This only ever happens with charge attacks to me but these are really inconsistent anyways

Thats BS what are you on about?

• Noticed this last night on a particularly busy, laggy server. I think it’s a ping thing.

• @Lemonater47:

Thats BS what are you on about?

Huh? I just stated that the situation the OP described only happens to me with charge attacks, whats BS about that?

• @Le:

if there’s two people in the path of a swing, and the person in front parries, the person second in line will get hit with the “ghost” of the parried swing.

It’s not all the time this happens, but it’s frequent enough to be noticeable.

I take it this has a lot to do with higher latencies.

• I dunno, to play devils advocate, his sword deflects the attack, but the attack continues on and hits you, I can see that happening, deflect would not necessarily stop a weapon in its tracks, just stop it from hitting the deflector, so I dont know if this can be labeled as ‘‘bug’’

Edit: also think of the exploits, you can just have some shielders on either side of you, and you with a pole arm in the center, you would be unstoppable >_>

Maybe if once a weapon is deflected and it then hits someone afterwards it only deals 1/2 damage?

• Latency problem that has existed since release. Nothing to be done.

• @chivalryinterested:

I dunno, to play devils advocate, his sword deflects the attack, but the attack continues on and hits you, I can see that happening, deflect would not necessarily stop a weapon in its tracks, just stop it from hitting the deflector, so I dont know if this can be labeled as ‘‘bug’’

Edit: also think of the exploits, you can just have some shielders on either side of you, and you with a pole arm in the center, you would be unstoppable >_>

Maybe if once a weapon is deflected and it then hits someone afterwards it only deals 1/2 damage?

Would be a nice feature. Always been a bit ridiculous that a dagger can stop a bloomin great hammer, turning it aside to continue on its way would be much better. It’d make for more tactical team fights, making sure the guy to your side has enough weapon to protect you, rather than just turn the strike into you. From the users perspective it’s better too, choosing to cleave through an archer knowing he can’t stop you, only protect himself.

• Yesterday I was playing Dark Forest and noticed something similar to what’s described here.
    I swinged my Greatsword at an enemy, I hit a tree and saw the swing stopping due to the collision. I actually heard the sound of the sword knocking on wood. The swing had stopped yet the sword miraculously cut through it on the side and killed the enemy.

I was sprinting and dragging so maybe it was one of these phantom swings?

• The more I see is an attack gets parried and it bouces off into a teammate thats either close to or behind the opponent. Not so much going thru a parry and hitting the guy on the other side. Yes yes, best described as ‘bouncing’ off. Which is legit, actually.

• well, as it’s a parry and not a block I guess it’s kinda legit, if the first person who blocks uses a shield it doesn’t go through and hit the next one.

• This happened to me today. In combat with a vanguard, an archer on my team stepped in to parry and open them up for me to stab, but their swing hit the parry, and just cut me open regardless.