The 5 Dodge stamina nerf seriously

• This have to be the most stupid nerf i saw since a long time, i didn’t play maa since a long time and i just decided to replay the class a bit since yesterday and it’s pretty funny, you can still destroy any knight without having stamina problem, i tried vs some very good knight in EU and there is no difference with the old stamina value, if you manage well you can regen stamina easy anyway, i would say it’s impossible to seriously win 2handers sword knight vs a very good maa, it’s doable with one hand and shield but good luck really.

The only affect this stamina nerf has is for MAA vs MAA duels, wp tbs this make those fight even more luck based than it was before, buffing even more the defensive “i don’t move noob playstyle”, the point of this nerf (helping knight beating maa in duels) is totally missed, it doesn’t change anything and it’s worse for teamfight to of course you should stop the no sense here and buff stamina a lot for all class, for dodge, for blocking and maybe even for feinting.

• MAAs here threw a huge hissy fit when it was a slightly bigger stam nerf so they relented. Barely salvaged the forums from the flood of tears.

• Its balanced now.

• @CRUSHED:

Its balanced now.

LOL what do you want bro, you’re drunk ?

• The MAA focus so much on the dodge they never notice what they gained. There was a large amount of complaints following the dodge nerfs in CU1 Patch 2:

Dodge speed reduced by 10%
    .3 cooldown on dodge.
    Dodge disabled during windup and release.
    Attacking disabled for the first half of dodge (attacks will queue instead.)

They were pretty major, a big change from how it worked before. The next two lines though:

Base speed increased by 10
    Sprint acceleration increased by 33%

Bugged on release it required a hotfix to actually work properly, so perhaps that’s why it went by a bit unnoticed. But god, if there is one thing I could roll back about MAA it’s this.

THIS is what lets any MAA worth his boots win a duel, the ability to run in, strike and run off before a riposte has the chance to land. The ability to close distances faster than anyone else, to backpedal and maintain distances better than anyone else. Before this MAA was a squishy target with a gimmick move that could be easily overwhelmed by numbers. Now they’re outright hit-and-run machines who never have to be in a fight they haven’t chosen.

• MaA has some hardcore parkour skills indeed.

• I always wanted the MaA dodge to be nerfed in distance rather than stamina cost, so that you could easily punish a dodge in any direction from close range if you call it.
    But meh, I’m pretty fine with shit the way it is.

Let’s just hope for a sequel with a somewhat better mechanic initially.

• Base speed increased by 10

I remember and this have been changing absolutely nothing in the duel meta game, you could run in and out the same before, you could do everything the same so no.
    The game just need to stop with all those nerf, buff stamina for cftp etc is way better because a good knight who can block consistently and use cftp quickly will win vs maa, right now you can’t cftp at all, you will lose the stam battle in 10 seconds.

• Go play some TO then tell me that the nerf is useless.

• Go play some TO then tell me that the nerf is useless.

You don’t even need dodge as much in TO, and why telling me this anyway, the MAA was the prenium class in every scrim before the patch ? it was mvp 90% of the time, this nerf was aim toward the duel meta game and i hope you know it, don’t come with random stuff like this.

• Who gives a shit about duel “meta”. It’s completely loadout based. They’re completely imbalanced and in now way represent the true skill of a player. TO is where the game shines and where it’s the most balanced. Base class and weapon balance off of TO, not lame duels.

• @Flippy:

Who gives a shit about duel “meta”. It’s completely loadout based. They’re completely imbalanced and in now way represent the true skill of a player. TO is where the game shines and where it’s the most balanced. Base class and weapon balance off of TO, not lame duels.

+111111111

• @Flippy:

Who gives a shit about duel “meta”. It’s completely loadout based. They’re completely imbalanced and in now way represent the true skill of a player. TO is where the game shines and where it’s the most balanced. Base class and weapon balance off of TO, not lame duels.

Word.

Just like to point out when I said:

@A-me:

THIS is what lets any MAA worth his boots win a duel, the ability to run in, strike and run off before a riposte has the chance to land…

I meant any 1 on 1 rather than specifically duel mode. The game should absolutely be balanced around TO, and the more team mechanics the better.

• @Flippy:

So you’re saying that TO is more skill based and more representative of the individual skill of a player ? a games mod where your mistake can be covered by your teammate, where you can attack people in the back, where you can’t have long duels because obviously it’s often 1vsX battle, which mean you don’t think about how your opponent play and how you can counter his pattern, where you can’t use so many advanced techniques like in duels, because you have less stamina, less time or you just fight on a bad ground, where you can’t even win 1vsX situation at the moment anyway, thats your vision of the game, i won’t discuss about it, it’s retarded and has nothing to do in this thread unless you think 5dodges is good for maa in TO lel.

• TO is the game, dueling is what you do in between.

• @Edmund:

This have to be the most stupid nerf i saw since a long time, i didn’t play maa since a long time and i just decided to replay the class a bit since yesterday and it’s pretty funny, you can still destroy any knight without having stamina problem, i tried vs some very good knight in EU and there is no difference with the old stamina value, if you manage well you can regen stamina easy anyway, i would say it’s impossible to seriously win 2handers sword knight vs a very good maa, it’s doable with one hand and shield but good luck really.

The only affect this stamina nerf has is for MAA vs MAA duels, wp tbs this make those fight even more luck based than it was before, buffing even more the defensive “i don’t move noob playstyle”, the point of this nerf (helping knight beating maa in duels) is totally missed, it doesn’t change anything and it’s worse for teamfight to of course you should stop the no sense here and buff stamina a lot for all class, for dodge, for blocking and maybe even for feinting.

I was saying this so long ago. Unfortunately TBS listens to the MaA circle jerk of stupidity that happens on these forums.

• @Flippy:

Did Flippy just admit MaA are imbalanced in duels? :OOOOOOOOOOO

I actually have more respect for you now, Flippy.

But in all seriousness, I do agree that MaA are balanced it team play, but you can not at all completely disregard duels. Sure, they aren’t as important as team fights and there isn’t as much depth as team fights; however, duels are a massive part of this game and are the building block of all depth in team fights.

• Well of course MaA are imbalanced in duels, is that not obvious to everyone already? It’s in TO where they’re a bit more squishy due to Knights and Spamgaurds everywhere.

• @Nohbdy111:

But in all seriousness, I do agree that MaA are balanced it team play, but you can not at all completely disregard duels. Sure, they aren’t as important as team fights and there isn’t as much depth as team fights; however, duels are a massive part of this game and are the building block of all depth in team fights.

This.

You can take a good TO player, dump him in a duels server, and watch as he fails horribly. The opposite is also true. While I do agree with Flippy about duels being heavily class based, I disagree that they don’t represent true skill. Duels are a great tool for improving your gameplay, familiarity with weapons, and determining what tactics to employ against different playstyles.

Duels are great for learning how other people play their classes. At the end of the day, it is great experience farming. You can take what you learn from duels and apply them in team games. The reverse is not so true.

• @McLumberjack:

Base speed increased by 10

if there is one thing I could roll back about MAA it’s this.

THIS is what lets any MAA worth his boots win a duel, the ability to run in, strike and run off before a riposte has the chance to land. The ability to close distances faster than anyone else, to backpedal and maintain distances better than anyone else. Before this MAA was a squishy target with a gimmick move that could be easily overwhelmed by numbers. Now they’re outright hit-and-run machines who never have to be in a fight they haven’t chosen.

Add to this the increased no-blocking window when you swing and miss and the MAA basically has an infinite supply of free hits against almost everyone, as they can move and thrust into range with a supposedly “short range” broadsword that will cover more ground quicker than a thrust out brandistock e.g.