FIX THE FRAMERATE

• BARELY KEEPING 90 FPS ON DARKFOREST IN A GAME THAT LOOKS LIKE HALF LIFE 2 WITH LOW GRAPHICS + LOW RESOLUTION ON A SLI TITAN + I7 2600K ARE YOU SERIOUS

• WHAT HAPPEND TO GOOD OLD 120 FPS NO MATTER WHAT

• @CRUSHED:

SLI TITAN

are you actually
    wot

• My framerate’s been fine. :P

• Global Moderator

Barely keeping 90?

gtfo.

• Go into your UDKengine.ini, search for bsmoothframerate, make sure thats set to TRUE, and then below that find the max framerate and set it at 120. You’re welcome. You could also just set bsmoothframerate to FALSE but that would make it so you can only go 90 max.

• @Psyfon:

Go into your UDKengine.ini, search for bsmoothframerate, make sure thats set to TRUE, and then below that find the max framerate and set it at 120. You’re welcome. You could also just set bsmoothframerate to FALSE but that would make it so you can only go 90 max.

I’m pretty sure CRUSHED knows about this ;).

It’s just that the game gets less stable and more choppy each patch. I noticed this on 2 different PC’s (1 high-end pc and a potato one).

#1 PC -> (GTX 650TI OC BOOST, i5-2500k [overclocked to 4.0 GHZ], 8GB of RAM DDR3)
    #2 PC -> (GTX 550TI, intel dual-core E6500 [Overclocked from 2.9 to 3.5 GHZ], 4GB of RAM DDR3) <- Potato PC

Lower framerate, little teleportations (packet loss?), skipping animations and random stutters is what I experience everyday after the last patch, on both PC’s

• well, on a 560ti and an i5 3570k, im getting 80-120 fps on max settings at 1600x900 resolution, with sweetfx too.

• Global Moderator

Yeah an i5 3570k runs this game really well. Its how I could max the game at 1080 (motion blur and Vsync off, don’t like motion blur) at 40-62 FPS with a 5670 as a graphics card. Now though it is less because of the patch.

• I miss my solid 90fps on every map with every setting ultra high….

• @lemonater47:

62 FPS

You casual.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

You casual.

inb4 hurr durr 32 fps is all you need hurr durr comment

• nigga all you need is 24 fps, just like movies in the theatre

• @zombojoe:

nigga all you need is 24 fps, just like movies in the theatre

My. Brain. Cant. Deal. With. This. Shit. Anymore.

• Actually I was wrong, some films run at 23.976 FPS.

• @lemonater47:

Barely keeping 90?

gtfo.

this is SUCH a common misconception. People that get max 60fps that get 30… yes we feel your pain. The same thing goes for when you are supposed to get 120 and you get 90. JUST because you’re getting 90fps, that doesn’t mean the game looks better than it does at 60fps if you’re supposed to be getting 120.

Take this example and think about it.

If i’m supposed to get 120, and i get 60fps… it looks like you at 60fps getting perhaps around 40-45 basically. Which is playable but not optimal.

For me right now, if i get 60fps, i literally cannot tell wtf is going on. I’ve been getting like 40-70fps at 120 lately and it’s rotten.

not sure if crushed is trolling here, he always said his frames were fine, maybe they broke finally. And i also don’t think he has sli titans with a 2600k… that would most likely cause serious bottlenecking issue at the cpu.

• nah i ACTUALLY DONT HAVE FRAMERATE PROBLEMS ONLY ON 32 PLAYER SERVERS AND BATTLEGROUNDS OR CITADEL BUT REST IS FINE

and i do have that setup, 2600k@5,2ghz bottlenecking are u serious? this cpu alone is a monster lol

• I’m telling you this game is just weird.
    I have an i5 4670k @ 4.4ghz, and a gtx660 and the majority of the time I’m locked at 120fps. What keeps happening is my framerate drops to about 90 or so, even though the numbers given by stat unit would suggest I should be well above that.

Some maps it’s much worse than others. I never drop frames on Citadel, but on Frigid my framerate craps out. And Coldfront and Battlegrounds are probably the worst.
    I can’t even play Moor on an empty map without dropping to 90fps or below.

The fact that I consistently get better framerates playing much more demanding games is kinda ridiculous.

• @Le:

on Frigid my framerate craps out.

What kind of filthy casual plays frigid…eww

• 40fps 2 low plz buff