An Unorthodox Apology

• This is long overdue and I have let misinformation and lies to have gotten way out of control. It will also probably be a little long winded so please be patient and try to be understanding. I usually avoid commenting or discussing the drama around clans and even more so about inner clan drama as well for the last few years. This is also why we have been keeping a low profile in the community. Even more so, hate calling anyone out but under the circumstances, but it is long over due.

It is about time that I apologize and explain. First I apologize for not dealing with this when it first started because I just let it slide as long as it wasn’t too disruptive but it has gotten way out of control. I would also like to apologize for not informing the community of this as mostly it was inner clan disturbances from this borderline hacker and troll. I am talking about Daddyman Fuckpants (Steam Account) and the variety of names and aliases he and his friends have gone under.

He has never been a member of Kila, never recruited for Kila and never been a representative of Kila in any way. He and his friends were regular players on our Chiv server, fairly well skilled and we accepted him as another Chiv player. He got our TeamSpeak and friended a few of us. At first he was cool but tended to troll a lot. Since Kila is a truly open clan we tolerated him and his friends till it started to get out of control last year. We banned him and his friends from our TeamSpeak several times last year but as many of you know he was able to hack back in and abuse our TS. We never really said anything because it was clan internal.

Having him on my friend’s list allowed me to talk with him and I convinced him to keep the trolling of our clan to a minimum and for the most part he did for a few months and it would start back up again. We would end up losing several good solid clan members because he would troll the shit out of them when I wasn’t around and be on his best behavior when I was on. OF course I would hear the worst things he did long after the fact. This cycle would happen for almost a year till finally we shut that TeamSpeak server down and got another one that we had total control over.

I know that several clans TeamSpeaks have also been abused and hacked recently and again I apologize for not telling the community earlier of the potential of the problem. I also found out that he and his friends would use our tag in TS and in game along with one of our younger clan members being a closer friend to him (currently under a probation). After I found out, I didn’t say anything either because I thought there was no point since it already had happened to us and there was little I could actually do about it since he was never a Kila member so I had no control over him in anyway and having him on my friends list allowed me to sort of keep his trolling of us to a minimum.

Since this is not directly Steam or TBS related, neither Steam or TBS can truly put a VAC ban on him since his trolling is out of their scope and usually limited to TeamSpeak. But as a community this has become an issue. I know Kila is one of the oldest clans in Chiv with a colorful past and I should have taken more of a leadership roll in this and the community as well, but sadly the community has chosen to believe that we are a hacker/troll clan when that is just not the case. But this issue of my tolerance and silence has further driven a wedge between us and the community. I am here to apologize and try to rectify, explain, and repair the relationships.

Over the years we have had a few colorful members like JCash and a few others that were skilled but young and over the top trollish. Sadly I had let them slide to the point that I had to eventually kick them out of Kila because of losing other clan members and the divide created between us and the community. Daddy and his friends were never members of Kila. I sadly just tolerated them to the point where it has gotten out of control and community relations have soured to the point that even long time friends from other clans, who know the truth are not wanting to hang out and play with us.

Daddy is on the forums and he even trolls here. I am sure at some point he will respond to this post and not be very happy about it. I just hope that he realizes that his actions have repercussions and his actions have had an ever increasing negative effects on a clan that initially accepted and tolerated him and his antics. These can no longer be allowed to happen.

So for my tolerance, silence and those that have been effected by this, I apologize.

• This post is deleted!

• He’s a cool guy, but he’s a real troll - not lemon troll, but actual trolling. I also apologize for facilitating it as well as witnessing it.
    A note to those who’s teamspeaks were compromised, though he allegedly wore my tag, I had no hand in ruining the servers.

Hopefully this will subside, with time.

• My money is on Loin or that fake furry chick.

• It’s not Loin. He is in the EU.

• Cool story bro

• Uhh. Who we talking about?

• Thank you for the apology and explanation Retsnom. A clan’s reputation can easily be tarnished by a few individuals, which is why its very hard to manage and recruit for one. Obviously this is the internet, and things like this happen all the time, to the point where I can’t really take anyone for their word anymore. Hell, I don’t know if I can take YOU for your word. But we will try to be more open and give it a shot in a scrim sometime.

• give it a shot in a scrim sometime.

Wait, apex is gonna start scrimming?

• We are sorry. We just want to help you guys understand that we are and can be an approachable clan. Yes KiLa does have it’s history, but since I’ve been here, no bullshit has come from my members. I’ve dealt with a lot of other clans personally in attempts to build relations inside the community. I’ve watched these relations crumble due to actions I’ve been trying to disassociate KiLa from for months, and it sucks. It sucks because we want the community as a whole to understand that we are active, we do want to scrim, we want to participate in tournaments and have a more active presence in the community. This just falls to the way side when the chips are stacked from the get go.

I completely understand folks having their reservations and taking us for our word, but please understand our truest intention is to play the game we love. We wouldn’t still be here dealing with the shitty patches and crappy drama if otherwise.

It is my word that my number one goal is a united chivalry. This game thrives when the clans are active, posting online content, playing everyday, etc… We are a big part of the marketing campaign for this game. Tornbanner fixes the bugs, or lack thereof, but we drawn the players into the game. We can peak interests and provide experiences to new players that make them want to stay. We CAN save this community, if we all can operate on a cohesive level. KiLa wants to be apart of that.

Thanks.

• I can vouch for Sarge and kila. Didn’t think they had a bad rep anymore as that was a long time ago. But every interaction I’ve had with kila lately has been very pleasant, and scrims have been set up incredibly smoothly. I understand they’re in somewhat of a “recovery” period for lack of a better word, until they are able to recruit more. So I’m looking forward to them becoming an active part of the community again.

• I saw Daddyman getting outside of the castle walls at Stoneshill last night, using his sling through the gate where the battering ram comes out.

• He and a couple of his friends were spawn killing so we got him kicked out of the server and he started impersonating me lol. What a childish guy. I’m glad my name will be spread out a bit though, for good or for worse.

• @AmishInsurgent:

He and a couple of his friends were spawn killing so we got him kicked out of the server and he started impersonating me lol. What a childish guy. I’m glad my name will be spread out a bit though, for good or for worse.

That’s fucking ridiculous. He and his friends need to be perma banned from all official servers pronto.

• I remember a time during that 2v2 tournament where me and Mocha had to fight Spook and Omega. Daddyman came into our TS and locked it down, and we couldn’t get it back up for a few hours.

Oh, then we lost the 2v2

• Ahhhh I remember that. I was pretty happy when we faced DA instead of him in that 2 vs 2. He’s got some funky personality disorder. Really makes the official servers a worse place. Real shame too, I used to love going on official LTS.

• @Flippy:

That’s fucking ridiculous. He and his friends need to be perma banned from all official servers pronto.

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/16668-INFORMATION-Playing-on-officials-amp-Dealing-with-Violations

If he breaks these rules, then he can be permabanned from official servers. But as it states,

“A group of players who would go out of their way to track a specific player down and ruin their game by TK or other means.”

I would surmise that ‘other means’ would include that kind of impersonation.

• @Flippy:

For that haircut I would agree.

• @Userper:

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/16668-INFORMATION-Playing-on-officials-amp-Dealing-with-Violations

If he breaks these rules, then he can be permabanned from official servers. But as it states,

“A group of players who would go out of their way to track a specific player down and ruin their game by TK or other means.”

I would surmise that ‘other means’ would include that kind of impersonation.

They TK, they grief, they impersonate other players while doing these actions and that’s a Steam rule, they need to be permabanned.

• @Flippy:

They TK, they grief, they impersonate other players while doing these actions and that’s a Steam rule, they need to be permabanned.

if by permabanned you mean chivalry servers, then yes, from the official servers. They don’t hack, so unless you cite him actually violating some steam TOS, I doubt he could be banned from playing Chiv online. The game doesn’t even have an EULA.