Do you think there should be a vote kick for someone to be kicked of the Catapult?

• We all know that one guy that sucks at the Cata. Smashing everything but the enemy. But what if we could kick them from it? I mean, what if we could vote kick people to be banned from using the Cata or Ballistic, for the rest of the game? Sometimes, I kick vote people from games, because they suck at the Cata. But it would be alot less harsh punishment if you could stop them from smashing their own team. What do you guys think?

• +1 sounds good ( and not too hard to code, hint hint hint)
    but what is stopping people from abusing it so they can use the catapult and noone else?

• I think it would be simpler to allocate a portion of each misfired catapult to team damage. Maybe 33% so if you hit three of your own it would be equivalent to team damage of killing one person. Same for firepots.

• @gregcau:

I think it would be simpler to allocate a portion of each misfired catapult to team damage. Maybe 33% so if you hit three of your own it would be equivalent to team damage of killing one person. Same for firepots.

Never. Catapult is a risk and if you take it, you must have chances of having a great strike and also having a desastrous strike. It is good as it is and votekicks work very well. Just kick him from server after insulting him and punshing him. It is like doing a swing in a melee and you can’t stop them from swinging allies and ennemies with zweihander.

• Historically, catapults have always been an issue with bad players using it. However, I would say that much of the problem lies in the mechanics of the catapult itself. In AOC, you were not attached to it like you would be attached to a vehicle in other games. AOC also had added benefits to how it functioned. You could aim in and leave it targeted to that aiming site. It also auto loaded and all you had to do was to hit a lever. Range was based on your aiming site and not a bugged timing mechanic. You could fight around it and still use it. There were no visual restrictions to using it because you were not attached to it, aiming and accuracy were far better in AOC than in Chiv. In AOC it was a viable weapon in the hands of those with some skills.

Once you had it aimed you could leave and go fight and the next guy behind you could fire it and so on. It was a great tool and the mechanics were far better. You could even turn it around and use it against the enemy and aim it straight down so as to do a suicide and take out more players that were chasing you around the cat. You could time a jump in front of a cat, suicide and take out the enemy using it. So much epic fun with the old cat mechanics, great mini battles over the cat.

Sadly now it is more of a distraction and mostly epic fail.

• just destroy the cata over and over until he gets tired at you, profit.

• Just kick him (with your foot) off the cata… and kill him if he fights back. ;)

• No way. I have seen what kinda assholes play this game. One tk would be enough for them to iniate a banning.

• Last night we had some clown on SH TO who TK’d me 3 times with the balista then got off, ran over to the catapult and launched a rock that killed 4 teammates and no enemies. The enemy team ensured he stayed in the game.

• people can get really angry off the cata… i’m pretty decent with it (mostly) and played carefully it’s a huge asset especially on the final push for battlegrounds. I have been like in the high 20’s-30’s with no teamkills but i swear that ONE TIME you teamkill after helping an entire push and people cry witch

• Global Moderator

Yeah you get one teamkill with the catapult and suddenly you are the worst player in the game and deserve to be kicked.

• Don’t forget that siege weapons and fire pots don’t show up as team damage, if you get hit by cata a lot of times maybe its time to firepot him? It will force him off the cata at the very least.