Custom assassination objective actor

• Just a quick query in regards to assassination objectives.

I want to be able to customize the player who spawns in, so that he doesn’t look like a king, but more just a town captain with lots of health and good weapons.

Do I need to use UnrealScript in order to do this?
    Or is it possible to do within the Kismet?

I have tried several ways inside of Kismet, but so far, cannot find a way of getting it to work.

I figure I need to use UnrealScript in order to create my own “King Class”, but just wondering if there is another way.

I figure I also need to refer to this:
    https://tornbannerjira.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=23789595

Thanks in advance.

• Oh ye good point! I need an archer king with moar health. Ok you can choose an archer as king class, but he will die very fast. :(
    Any ideas how to boost health?

• I have tried a few things in the Kismet, and am trying right now to try and work something out, but i’m almost certain that we need to create a new class.

I did try to create a new class though, but it did not show up as an option unfortunately. It was literally the same as the king class, only with a knight model. I need to look into it a bit more, because having a crowned town “captain” is a bit silly for me :P

• @KingJoff:

Oh ye good point! I need an archer king with moar health. Ok you can choose an archer as king class, but he will die very fast. :(
    Any ideas how to boost health?

I would like to see an archer king, would be a nice change of pace…

• I figured it out, you can see the results in my map. I will post what I did when I have some free time, but it was simpler than one would think -_-

• idk in kismet “change health and max of aocpawn” and “change weapon” dont work for me. I have to use “give inventory” and “modify property” health to reach same result.

Ok they only work in TO2 maps :(

• I set up a trigger volume to change the weapon, health and visual customization etc of the instigator of the the trigger volume.
    I put in a blocking volume to prevent people from triggering the volume when the king spawns (if there are 2 people in the same spot when the trigger becomes active).
    The other solution of course is to spawn the king in a seperate location where they hit the trigger, then quickly teleport that player to the right location then place the hud marker on the king player’s head. I just don’t know what it’ll look like for the player that spawns as king :P

• If you have chosen character 14, your king would spawn as a “spectral echo” ;)