The NA Competitive Community.

• What is happening?

Recently, we have been struggling to sc**** up scrims. We used to do 3-5 scrims a day about two months ago, but we’ve noticed that it’s really slowing down now… we barely even get one a day. We’ve resorted to in-house scrimming most of the time, but it’s not as competitive as scrimming other clans.

What’s up guys? Is it because of the release of ESO, Dark Souls II, etc or is the game genuinely dying?

Please come back and play chivalry. :(

EDIT: I typed scr.ape. Not R. A. P. E.
    I hate censorship.

• @JimmyTryhard:

What is happening?

Recently, we have been struggling to sc**** up scrims. We used to do 3-5 scrims a day about two months ago, but we’ve noticed that it’s really slowing down now… we barely even get one a day. We’ve resorted to in-house scrimming most of the time, but it’s not as competitive as scrimming other clans.

What’s up guys? Is it because of the release of ESO, Dark Souls II, etc or is the game genuinely dying?

Please come back and play chivalry. :(

In EQ we do almost daily inclans too, and roughly 1-3 scrims a week. I don’t speak for my clan (Most of my clan want to scrim every chance they get), but a lot of times it’s just knowing what kind of attitudes I’ll be scrimming against can be very off putting.

• bubble & camera patch

atleast for EU

• Lack of motivation to get any better with a combination of laziness. People are too lazy to recruit, too lazy to set up scrims, too lazy to get people together, etc. It’s very annoying when I ask someone for a scrim and they say “we don’t have people on.” when I can see on their group page they have over 10 members online ready to play.

Tempest is always looking for scrims and always asking people. But recently Knights Templar has been the only clan willing to scrim us on a regular basis and bless their souls they’re great sports and a lot of fun to play. But it can be boring scrimming the same people over and over.

• God your post is dripping with elitism, Flippy.

• @AmishInsurgent:

In EQ we do almost daily inclans too, and roughly 1-3 scrims a week. I don’t speak for my clan (Most of my clan want to scrim every chance they get), but a lot of times it’s just knowing what kind of attitudes I’ll be scrimming against can be very off putting.

Very true… some people in certain clans… not to be named… are extremely rude at times and treat the enemy team without respect.

• @Flippy:

Lack of motivation to get any better with a combination of laziness. People are too lazy to recruit, too lazy to set up scrims, too lazy to get people together, etc. It’s very annoying when I ask someone for a scrim and they say “we don’t have people on.” when I can see on their group page they have over 10 members online ready to play.

Tempest is always looking for scrims and always asking people. But recently Knights Templar has been the only clan willing to scrim us on a regular basis and bless their souls they’re great sports and a lot of fun to play. But it can be boring scrimming the same people over and over.

Thanks Flipster and Tempest for at least trying. :) We are happy to scrim you guys, but as you said, scrimming you guys over and over just gets old after a while.

• What competitive community? there are so many clans that wont scrim, or maybe just wont scrim tempest, pretty boring lately. as flippy said props to k twins for being around lately, but imo there is nothing “hype” in the horizons for ppl to want to get active.
    also why isnt this thread down in the sub-forum “competitive talk” where we can all flame the shit out of each other.

• twas a good scrim we had yesterday, i only played the defending part though cuz you guys lost a player darn you. either way it’s pretty frustrating at least for me to play now because i’m constantly teleporting and seeing other people teleport and their animations go insane while i play. I seem to still do decently well because i literally have to predict what is going on since my eyes deceive me in this game now. i get terrible fps and see people teleport across my screen constantly.

i have also been playing some other games like ESO. plus it seems like not only the competitive community but the chivalry community is dying a bit in general… the games kind of broken and if you even try to pub nowadays which i like to pub TO, you just have people swinging slashes, team damaging, archers everywhere. It just becomes very not fun to play when you’re just angry when trying to have fun, they don’t mix. Plus the entire meta has changed to where grabbing the heaviest most damaging most broken weapons are the thing to do nowaday. I’m talking about you gmace, i’m talking about you polehammer, i’m talking about you hws, i’m talking about you kite+norse, etc etc. Even the messer while i think is balanced decently is kind of broken with 3p animations and hit trading with everything.

I digress, we can’t find scrims really either.

• @50ShadesofClay:

twas a good scrim we had yesterday, i only played the defending part though cuz you guys lost a player darn you. either way it’s pretty frustrating at least for me to play now because i’m constantly teleporting and seeing other people teleport and their animations go insane while i play. I seem to still do decently well because i literally have to predict what is going on since my eyes deceive me in this game now. i get terrible fps and see people teleport across my screen constantly.

i have also been playing some other games like ESO. plus it seems like not only the competitive community but the chivalry community is dying a bit in general… the games kind of broken and if you even try to pub nowadays which i like to pub TO, you just have people swinging slashes, team damaging, archers everywhere. It just becomes very not fun to play when you’re just angry when trying to have fun, they don’t mix. Plus the entire meta has changed to where grabbing the heaviest most damaging most broken weapons are the thing to do nowaday. I’m talking about you gmace, i’m talking about you polehammer, i’m talking about you hws, i’m talking about you kite+norse, etc etc. Even the messer while i think is balanced decently is kind of broken with 3p animations and hit trading with everything.

I digress, we can’t find scrims really either.

Lots of players have been having teleporting problems lately, including myself. I will have 48 ping, but everyone will keep walking off into space every now and again and by the time it resumes, I’m dead. This may not just be a lag issue…

But yeah. Agreed. New meta sucks.

• it’s very knight heavy so it’s natural people would go for knight killer weapons

• @SargeTheGhey:

God your post is dripping with elitism, Flippy.

Let’s try to keep this thread productive. Flippy described the state of NA comp and the few other clans trying to scrim have all been feeling what he described.

• I refuse to play until the elite archer DLC is released.

/lol

EDIT: wtf account is this that I logged in to

• I like the maul stam drain meta right now.

• NA scene is pretty ded.

been ded for a while.

It’s the same 40 people playing eachother over and over.
    And the number only gets smaller.
    Sometimes there’s a new clan made.
    But it’s always the same people.

This game lost any competitive direction ages ago.
    We are all playing what will forever be known as a game that “could have been”.

GG
    no re

• There is competitive scene in NA?

• Well, there’s a scene

• @rumpelstiltskin:

There is competitive scene in NA?

wut? where?

• I’ve literally ran out of targets to shoot at, no more archers to wipe the floor with in NA.

• gotta get TB back on track if anything, everything was going fine until the new “the patch” lol

it broke things, made some things better i’ll admit, but broke more things