Can MouseSensitivity be actively changed in game?

• I play killing floor as well and have this little line added to the .ini to make a magical win button: “Alt=setsensitivity 1.00000 | onrelease setsensitivity 2.50000”. What this does is allow me to keep a high sensitivity for whipping around and keeping a 360 degree awareness, and when i need to aim, i hold alt down for much lower sensitivity for fine aiming.

I like to throw javelins in my offtime, and I suck at it. Is there any way to make this edit in a chivalry .ini file somewhere? I found in there is a “mousesensitivity=30.0” in my UDKInput.ini. Can I jam this somewhere else with the right syntax and have a magical aiming button?

Otherwise i’m going to have to set up some weird Xmouse stuff to set up a nice sensitivity-changing button…

Just wondering if this was possible, I don’t actually know anything about .ini files beyond editing them for games. Thanks!

UPDATE/EDIT:

alright, so after some trial and error (and remembering), this game is like killing floor as well in that some things are best done through the console in-game and not through .ini edits. For anyone else who is wondering, opening up the console in-game and typing "setbind LeftAlt “setsensitivity 10| onrelease setsensitivity 30” will overwrite your LeftAlt into that functionality. How to get zoom and alternate attack back, I dunno, probably reinstall.

One thing though, don’t copy/paste Dudeface’s sample because he has a hilarious typo in the second half… I didn’t catch it at first. Took me until i re-wrote the line myself to get it working finally.

and just in case you were wondering, and because I had found this too in my travels, here’s a link to a wiki page that lists all the keys you can re-map instead of LeftAlt. http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/KeyBinds.html

Thanks all! Hopefully this makes my javelin career more successful.

• yeah pretty similar to your bind, with higher values instead.

• This post is deleted!

• aye, use the SetBind console command.
    setbind LeftAlt “setsensitivity 10| onrelease setsensititivty 50”

or whatever your appropriate sensitivity values are.

Edit: lol @ my typo. Keeping it there for posterity.

• Buy a Corsair M65/ M95. These are gaming mice which include macro buttons, dpi changer buttons, re-mappable buttons, and what you’re looking for, a sniper button. It basically changes the dpi for as long as you hold the button down. You can map it to any button on the mouse.

• all these kind of binds do is make your aim shit and inconsistent

• @JimmyTryhard:

Buy a Corsair M65/ M95. These are gaming mice which include macro buttons, dpi changer buttons, re-mappable buttons, and what you’re looking for, a sniper button. It basically changes the dpi for as long as you hold the button down. You can map it to any button on the mouse.

$5 Dollar walmart mice for life son…

• @CRUSHED:

all these kind of binds do is make your aim shit and inconsistent

For the most part yes, but how are we supposed to exploit those drags with normal mouse sensitivity?

• @Terminally:

For the most part yes, but how are we supposed to exploit those drags with normal mouse sensitivity?

Not for the most part. Its fact.

You dont need a high sens to exploit em drags, i exploit them with 45cm/360

• @Terminally:

Sensitivity is locked during a swing so you don’t need 10000 sensitivity and 10000 dpi for dragging.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Sensitivity is locked during a swing so you don’t need 10000 sensitivity and 10000 dpi for dragging.

Try telling that to most pub players these days over here in the states…

• @CRUSHED:

all these kind of binds do is make your aim shit and inconsistent

i disagree

@JimmyTryhard:

Buy a Corsair M65/ M95. These are gaming mice which include macro buttons, dpi changer buttons, re-mappable buttons, and what you’re looking for, a sniper button. It basically changes the dpi for as long as you hold the button down. You can map it to any button on the mouse.

yeah not looking to throw $80 at a mouse.

if anyone reads past how this thread devolved into dragging (lol not surprising) i overwrote what i had bound to my left alt when i did the console command, aka zoom and MAA dodge and alternate attack, so today i reinstalled to get those bindings back so i could re-map them and THEN change my left alt to the sensitivity key. (trying to remap maa dodge to anything else simply gave me no response; and the key i tried to bind dodge/whatever to, instead became my sensitivity key.) its been a long process and i’m not any better at javs, hooray

• yeah not looking to throw $80 at a mouse.

That’s about as cheap as good mice come.

• @Flippy:

$5 dollar walmart mice 4lyfe…

• @Flippy:

I disagree. I’m using a really cheap £10 mouse I got from a computer store near where I live and it is fine. I honestly would not change it out for any other mouse and it usually helps me climb my way to the top of the scoreboard one way or another. Only issue I sometimes have is my parry being occasionally incosistent because it is binded to middle mouse click. But that rarely ever happens. It is a perfect mouse especially considering how much I paid for it.