High Rank Players - HOW DO THEY WORK?

• It’s like rank 50+ players are in another dimension. They seem to bend the physics of the game to their will. They move in really strange ways and are hard to hit. They manage to hit someone with a strike in front of them, and then kill someone behind them with that same attack. Half the time their weapon seems to be far away from you and facing another direction, then you’re dead. They duck, they do weird spins, all while managing to hit everyone around them and avoid a lot of the attacks. It almost seems like they’re exploiting.

So my question is simple - how the hell do they do it?

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdz9kaic9gU

Here’s what it looks like from our perspective.

• @izochivalry:

It’s like rank 50+ players are in another dimension. They seem to bend the physics of the game to their will. They move in really strange ways and are hard to hit. They manage to hit someone with a strike in front of them, and then kill someone behind them with that same attack. Half the time their weapon seems to be far away from you and facing another direction, then you’re dead. They duck, they do weird spins, all while managing to hit everyone around them and avoid a lot of the attacks. It almost seems like they’re exploiting.

Practice, young one.

• I made a thread on this a while back as it was really annoying me
    They basically set their mouse sensitivity to high extreme & learn with someone how to do it in dueling. Have heard that it can cause headaches because of the extreme rotation speeds an jerky mouse movements because everything happening so fast
    The main part that bugs me is if they can get in facehug distance, they can do instead overheads using it

I guess it’s just exploring all the different ways to manipulate the character system, but it can look really wonky from the animations

• video gave me a headache XD dont think i can do that in 1rst person.

• They basically set their mouse sensitivity to high extreme & learn with someone how to do it in dueling.

Wut? There’s a turnspeed cap. So no matter how high you set your sensitivity, you’ll always be locked at the same speed.

• The Journey,

You start off as a peasant. Yeah, you may have a silvery archer helmet, but that’s nothing, you’ll see. You eventually get divided into one of three body types, which end up deciding your traits like speed and health. So if you’re short and funsized, you’ll become a fast soldier. You get the ability to dodge and use insanely fast weapons with strange reach patterns. If you’re tall and skinny, you become a more average soldier, with the ability to charge into someone, and you also get very long polearms with the ability to arm YOUR pole (hhHahHHAAa). OR, if you’re big and chunky, you become a tankier soldier with some dumb-ass melting-point chrome armor with a nice golden touch. Just a touch. You have more health and you get these sick ass weapons that can obliterate and implode your head with one swing.

NOW

Once you choose a class (which is a lifestyle, do NOT undermine class selection), you’re thrust into a world of reverse overheads, brandistock stab drags, jump 360 alternate LMB swings, feint HWS overheads, flail combos, and plenty of other silly attacks that are actually very realistic, do not let anyone tell you anything else. Not even kidding right now. Like, I know you think I’m joking, you think I’m being sarcastic. But genuinely, and this comes from the heart, but all those aforementioned attacks are extremely realistic with a lot of thought put into them. So listen, you’re thrust (THRUST) into this world, right? And you start off as an LMB swinging very scary monster (by the way a new player who literally does not parry and only spams combos are the actual SCARIEST players you will ever encounter, not even kidding, like fuck kwazi and mike oxlong. lol, i’d rather fight tempest 1v7 TO on dark forest than fight new players who have their right mouse button stripped from their mouse, seriously, it’s so fucking dumb it’s dumb)

Listen

You’re going to get fucked up. You will get dominated. You will have your nuts swapped with your eyeballs in the timeframe of 0.2 seconds (fun fact this is the actual windup time of a greatsword overhead) and it probably wont be as pleasant as you may initially THINK
    moving on, the way you have to DEAL with this stuff is through just DEALing with it. it’s as simple as that. there arent tricks to it. You ask the same rank 50’s that banish you from the world of any chance of you getting a KILL and ask them if they can teach you the same things they use to beat you. that is all. you have to not get upset at those people, you cant just get destroyed and then resort to calling them little shits (yeah dofoo you fuck) to compensate for your lack of skill, THAT’S NOT HOW IT WORKS. aight? you need to be willing to learn. that is all./ if you do so, you will improve at such a ridiculous fucking rate, faster than the rate that sk1llz shoots you down every match against tempest, like honestly thats so fucked up why are you so good, jesus molly trolly. if u werent on their team, skillz, like honestly if you werent on their team i would kill them all. 1v10 shack vs tempest, IVE DONE IT BEFORE, I WILL DO AGAIN

ignore that… listen, join a classic duel server. LG duels, facuher duels, whatever. join a saerver. you’re going to encounter stupid fucks li,ke flippy, rip the jacker, RADIANT, shack, oppressor, and idk but just stupid people like that. they use stupic weapons and playstyles and the brandistock is OP. super op, it’s ridiculous. lock that shit DOWN with norseswordshieldfeints hahah wAS THAT A HINT anyways people like holyunchi and plavsky and amazing at onehanded dueling. ask them about that shit. and talk to mike about feints. talk to spook about dubbyaxey OR maul. omega is a super chill person btw.

IF
    YOU
    NEED
    COUNSELING
    haha that actually
    made half a triangle anyways
    talk to mochaccino for chivalry counseling oalso, if anyone thinks im good, shoutout,

leonidas is a better player than me no joke

​it would suck if theres like a cap on how long a post can be and it doesnt tell you but like it just cuts you off. im gonna copy and paste this one sec
    listen mr fucking izo. this is what you do. you go into classic duels. LG or faucheur. you will get rekt. you ask the people who rek you to teach you those things. if they’re dicks about it, fuck them. but keep aasking. they’ll teach you everything over time. then you HAEV to practice it. get it fucking DOWN. then, and ONLY then, should you try to put a flair on things and add your own touch. kay? it’s like mma man. get that shit down before you hurt urself trying wall kicks.

btw lol like just for the record
    sarge is a better brandier than me
    i went 0-9 against him in an inclan scrim

GOOD LUCK, AND DON’T RAGE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCLBGY0huVE
    EVERYONE IS REALLY GOOD, SO LEARN FROM THEM. YOU’LL GET IT IN A THOUSAND HOURS OR SO.

Mod Edit: Those colors were offensive to the eyes.

• DISCLAIMER: THAT WAS NOT A SHIT POST, PLEASE DONT REMOVE IT I PUT MANY EFFORTS INTO IT.

• they are low lifers who live off government welfare and spend their entire life practising jedi moves nobody else can accomplish.

Not much different from the MMO level 55s who have spent their entire life grinding the best gear.

It is all they contribute to the world but it is a wonder to behold if you appreciate internet gaming skills.

• @chivalryinterested:

video gave me a headache XD dont think i can do that in 1rst person.

Agreed, I don’t know how you can learn to do something like that. It looks totally random.

@Henners:

I made a thread on this a while back as it was really annoying me
    They basically set their mouse sensitivity to high extreme & learn with someone how to do it in dueling. Have heard that it can cause headaches because of the extreme rotation speeds an jerky mouse movements because everything happening so fast
    The main part that bugs me is if they can get in facehug distance, they can do instead overheads using it

I guess it’s just exploring all the different ways to manipulate the character system, but it can look really wonky from the animations

I thought this too but isn’t the mouse speed or something capped when you’re swinging?

Lol Shack that was hilarious. I am rank 29 so I don’t think im a complete noob but all that stuff you mention seems impossible to imitate. Like I tried looking at some videos and I can’t do any of that. And yes it is really frustrating to play against these guys cause it seems like they’re always faster then you and it’s impossible to block their attacks. I guess rank 50 is like 500 hours or something though…

• @gregcau:

they are low lifers who live off government welfare and spend their entire life practising jedi moves nobody else can accomplish.

Not much different from the MMO level 55s who have spent their entire life grinding the best gear.

It is all they contribute to the world but it is a wonder to behold if you appreciate internet gaming skills.

/saltyscrubgreg

• @Flippy:

…Here’s what it looks like from our perspective.

Cool vid!

Is the matrix an overhead and sideswing, all in one motion? I’ve been using overheads more and have noticed that it seems to happen automatically, quite effective when timed right.

• @izochivalry:

Lol Shack that was hilarious. I am rank 29 so I don’t think im a complete noob but all that stuff you mention seems impossible to imitate. Like I tried looking at some videos and I can’t do any of that. And yes it is really frustrating to play against these guys cause it seems like they’re always faster then you and it’s impossible to block their attacks. I guess rank 50 is like 500 hours or something though…

Well, as I said, it’s just something you get down after numerous beat-downs. You have to be willing to learn, even though you might get upset sometimes. Try to catch on when they do it, because most players have a pattern. And it’s also not something you learn how to defend against immediately. Learning when and how to parry attacks like those is pure trial and error, but if you’re dedicated you’re bound to get it down sooner or later. Learning how to actually perform those attacks yourself should only be attempted once you understand how to defend against said attacks.

By the way, I wasn’t joking about the 1000 hours thing.

That’s my game time and I’m not even near rank 50.

• The truest post I have ever seen Shack. Good stuff.

Why is greg so fucking salty all the time?

• dr. kwazi recommends scrimming with a team against other teams for getting good, the right way™

• @izochivalry:

It’s like rank 50+ players are in another dimension. They seem to bend the physics of the game to their will. They move in really strange ways and are hard to hit. They manage to hit someone with a strike in front of them, and then kill someone behind them with that same attack. Half the time their weapon seems to be far away from you and facing another direction, then you’re dead. They duck, they do weird spins, all while managing to hit everyone around them and avoid a lot of the attacks. It almost seems like they’re exploiting.

Correct op they are exploiting combat in so many ways. A few Ranked 40 plus don’t but atm the game is plagued by
    this kind of trash. The tide might be changing as just recently I witnessed such players starting to be kicked from
    servers of players who are starting to see it for what it is and vote yes to kick them off. Who can blame them tbh.

• @loin:

Correct op they are exploiting combat in so many ways. A few Ranked 40 plus don’t but atm the game is plagued by
    this kind of trash. The tide might be changing as just recently I witnessed such players starting to be kicked from
    servers of players who are starting to see it for what it is and vote yes to kick them off. Who can blame them tbh.

Faith in humanity -1

• After 1300+ hours I’d like to consider myself a reasonably competant player. It’s hard to explain because the moves become instinctive after a time. The one trick that still totally baffles me after all this time is how they appear to strike during windup. Fair enough if someone is lagging, lag makes all kinds of weird shit happen, but some players with normal ping appear to hit you while their weapon is raise above their head. Infact, when they do this i dont actually see the release animation at all, like they cancelled the swing but it still got me anyway.

• Don’t worry about all the crazy moves we do.

Step 1: Unlock heavy crossbow

Step 2: Tell your friends to buy the game and unlock heavy crossbow.

Step 3: Get a teamspeak/ventrillo/etc. client to collaborate.

Step 4: Find enemies with gold or any type of shiny hat.

Step 5: Shoot bolts stronger than mauls from any distance of choice.

• Mod

@Ready:

After 1300+ hours I’d like to consider myself a reasonably competant player. It’s hard to explain because the moves become instinctive after a time. The one trick that still totally baffles me after all this time is how they appear to strike during windup. Fair enough if someone is lagging, lag makes all kinds of weird shit happen, but some players with normal ping appear to hit you while their weapon is raise above their head. Infact, when they do this i dont actually see the release animation at all, like they cancelled the swing but it still got me anyway.

Drags and fancy maneuvers are cool, but yeah, wind ups hitting you before animation and stuff. That’s just bloody frustrating…