Well, once again I give the f–k up.

• It’s not megabytes(MB), it’s megabits(Mb). I forget the conversion rate but it should be around 5 MB/s or so.

• And to reiterate, my ping is fine. It’s other people that annoy me. Seems like at least a third of every server is in 150+ “lol, I don’t flinch and swing through your parry” land. AKA dumbasses playing on US servers that don’t live even remotely close to the US – or are using a slow as shit poor person ISP.

Oh and lemon:

• No one likes deadliest warrior anyways :L

• Just forget DW.

• @Huggles:

No one likes deadliest warrior anyways :L

The base mechanics are more sound and every class is more balanced. Actually allows a person to not instantly be screwed in a situation where you’re facing more than one opponent. It’s basically the combat system MW should have. Hence why it was ever made instead of using the same system on MW. People are just too ingrained in MW’s slow and tedious nature now. The downside it that due to the sped up nature, any one with a high enough ping doesn’t register staggers or pery’s correctly and end up swinging when they shouldn’t and at the very least trading out with you. Basically, 150+ ping in DW makes the game feel as broken as 300+ ping in MW. TB just refuses to region lock servers or set a working ping limit so the game got taken over by idiots, making it nigh impossible to vote kick people – even when they say, have 800+ ping.

Plus since the stupid barbarian update I haven’t been able to play MW with the game crashing.

(windows 8.1)

DW is the only option.

• Global Moderator

Strange you being the only one complaing about bad netcode. Australian servers have ping kicks and run 64 players fine. Can’t do MW with 64. But DW is fine. Gets a little iffy but not as bad as official 32 player servers for MW. Which is why we also have 50 player servers as that’s what deadliest warrior seems to run best at.

And this is Australia and New Zealand we are talking about here. Where a download of 10Mb/s and an upload of 1Mb/s is considered fast.

Speed and and ping isn’t everything when it comes to lag.

• people still play DW?

i had my fun playing as jack sparrow for an hour during the beta and i never looked back

• I notice MW servers crapping out around 48 players. As more people join everyone’s ping will rise, and at 64 players nobody has a ping under 100.

• @PissedOffConsumer:

The base mechanics are more sound and every class is more balanced. Actually allows a person to not instantly be screwed in a situation where you’re facing more than one opponent. It’s basically the combat system MW should have. Hence why it was ever made instead of using the same system on MW. People are just too ingrained in MW’s slow and tedious nature now. The downside it that due to the sped up nature, any one with a high enough ping doesn’t register staggers or pery’s correctly and end up swinging when they shouldn’t and at the very least trading out with you. Basically, 150+ ping in DW makes the game feel as broken as 300+ ping in MW. TB just refuses to region lock servers or set a working ping limit so the game got taken over by idiots, making it nigh impossible to vote kick people – even when they say, have 800+ ping.

The mechanics of DW are significantly less… intuitive. I really do like the classes of DW, all except for the retarded Viking. However, the mechanics favor spam more than anything.

In MW, if you whiff an attack, you get punished. Here? Not so much.

Still, I’ve noticed the servers will spike up and lose connection really often, way more so than Chiv MW.

• @PissedOffConsumer:

Plus since the stupid barbarian update I haven’t been able to play MW with the game crashing.

(windows 8.1)

DW is the only option.

WINDOWS 8 LOL

ok, got that out of my system. Any hoot, no the base speed in deadliest warrior makes it stupid, and spears being able to combo is just by far the dumbest idea I have ever seen in chivalry. each class get’s a ranged weapon……what? Also, the unique damage tracers reallly dumb down combat, as no one will ever try to go for skill based attacks, which makes me feint spam in every server I have ever joined and will ever join. The base speed makes feints unreadable too, so the game is just broken and bad all around. There are 0 competitive modes either, so the game will likely never form a competitive scene.

Overall, the game would have been better if it was just a re skinned chivalry, and the base speed was lowered a lottt.

• @Huggles:

WINDOWS 8 LOL

15 second boot times really suck don’t they?

• @Karasu:

15 second boot times really suck don’t they?

I never have to turn my pc off

• gg power bill. guise i leave my tv and all my lights on all day so they don’t get stressed from temp changes hurrr

• @Huggles:

WINDOWS 8 LOL

ok, got that out of my system. Any hoot, no the base speed in deadliest warrior makes it stupid, and spears being able to combo is just by far the dumbest idea I have ever seen in chivalry. each class get’s a ranged weapon……what? Also, the unique damage tracers reallly dumb down combat, as no one will ever try to go for skill based attacks, which makes me feint spam in every server I have ever joined and will ever join. The base speed makes feints unreadable too, so the game is just broken and bad all around. There are 0 competitive modes either, so the game will likely never form a competitive scene.

Overall, the game would have been better if it was just a re skinned chivalry, and the base speed was lowered a lottt.

I thought the same way you did until I spent considerable time with the game but–

It’s about foot work and reading your opponent. Knowing when to press an attack, when to take a step back/side step and counter instead of parrying, when to parry and riposte. It’s a lot more involved than MW and keeps you on your toes.

Again, everything you don’t like makes the game more balanced vs. MW’s giant class divide of unbalanced fuck-all, which gets exacerbated as soon as you get into a 2(+) v 1 with little to no way to target switch without getting a sword in the back. The only reason you find MW better is due to familiarity. In fact I would bet my first born that due to this lack of rigid classism, that in fact DW has the higher potential skill ceiling.

Take archer vs. knight – not only does your ranged weapon suck (unless the knight sucks), but you winning a 1v1 against a knight relies solely on you being perfect (getting 4-5 strikes in) and the knight being absolutely suck-all (not hitting you once).

For more confirmation, just look at the duel mode in MW and the giant divide between classes.

I completley agree that the game modes are all pretty bad/cluster fucky. The fact TB rushed the expansion out so haphazardly and partially done without any decent gametypes, citing asinine excuses, basically killed it off the bat. I don’t agree at all that MW is a better game in any regard other than game-types and spawns, only that it was developed for considerably longer.

That being said, DW’s mechanics are just more fluid, involved and mimic something more akin to actual sword fighting, where MW is just floaty feeling and disjointed, like there is no momentum behind any swings. You think it’s better simply because you’re more accustomed to it and the floaty swings and slow pacing, nothing more. That’s also why it’s done so poorly. It’s an expansion that plays entirely different than the base game, essentially missing it’s target audience out of the gate. Should have been a standalone title. Had the mechanics been released in reverse order we would be having the opposite discussion.

P.s. (rant) : Feints really have no place in DW to begin with, and are basically useless a large majority of the time, unless the person you’re fighting is terrible and just continually rushing; where as feinting in MW is the biggest (necessary) ass-pull mechanic ever created – only because the mechanics needed something to throw a nut in the gears. Other wise the game would just be a stale floaty parry after parry-fest between two half decent players and then the game would revolve entirely around who has more stamina, making it even more unbalanced. There is no “skill” in feints in either game. They’re a random deviation thrown in to cause the other person to make a split decision that can only go one of two ways. Parry and get hit, or don’t parry (and possibly start your own swing). It’s a gamble button for skilled players at best and cheap tactic against rookies at worst. No one can logically argue otherwise, as that is it’s purpose – to stir things up. Love it or hate it.

p.p.s.: My windows 8.1 is modified to point it’s essentially 7. I wouldn’t go near stock 8/8.1 with the metro UI in tact if Bill Gates paid me.

• @Karasu:

gg power bill. guise i leave my tv and all my lights on all day so they don’t get stressed from temp changes hurrr

Big moneyz, 15$/month more.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Big moneyz, 15$/month more.

I mean cmon Tyoson can buy a beer for that much

• @Karasu:

gg power bill. guise i leave my tv and all my lights on all day so they don’t get stressed from temp changes hurrr

Well, there’s this thing…it’s called hibernating your pc so it boots in seconds and it uses no power. lul

• @airborne101st45:

Well, there’s this thing…it’s called hibernating your pc so it boots in seconds and it uses no power. lul

• Flippy halp do these people really do this

• @Karasu:

Flippy halp do these people really do this

Rofl no he’s actually right, I was making fun of you.

http://superuser.com/questions/561252/hibernate-doesnt-use-power-or-does-it