TB: Could you please implement Message of the Day?

• So, the little Chiv:MW server from my country doesn’t have Torn Banner’s official server support, so we try to expand the community with events, a forum and stuff. Hiring some US or EU server is out of the question because ping would be terrible (doubt that Multiplay or some other provider has servers in South America, lol)

The problem is that it’s hard to achieve that with no tools for pointing the users to the activities like events and the forum. And we can’t have some admin constantly spamming messages. We’d love our players to come here and post, but that’s unlikely to succeed.
    We’ve tried RCON but we found it quite unstable
    Steam groups have failed, unfortunately.

My request is this:
    Please enable MOTD, or some sort of Messaging system, server-side.
    If the “MESSAGEOFTHEDAY” line from the PCServer-UDKGame.ini could be read, that would be even easier (This line is documented in a few unofficial posts, it seems to work on other Unreal games but not on Chiv).

I figure it’s not an overly time-demanding task (programming wise) and lots of small communities will welcome more reliable and easier to use tools.

The last official? post on this matter I could find was that this was a low priority task. That is over a year ago when you guys moved to a new office.

Anyway, that-s it: Please help us bring more people to Chivalry. We love the last changes and the game. We don’t hold grudges.

Not sure if I should post it in Chiv general, but whatever. Mods, please move it as you deem necessary.

• @Alphonse:

So, the little Chiv:MW server from my country doesn’t have Torn Banner’s official server support, so we try to expand the community with events, a forum and stuff. Hiring some US or EU server is out of the question because ping would be terrible (doubt that Multiplay or some other provider has servers in South America, lol)

The problem is that it’s hard to achieve that with no tools for pointing the users to the activities like events and the forum. And we can’t have some admin constantly spamming messages. We’d love our players to come here and post, but that’s unlikely to succeed.
    We’ve tried RCON but we found it quite unstable
    Steam groups have failed, unfortunately.

My request is this:
    Please enable MOTD, or some sort of Messaging system, server-side.
    If the “MESSAGEOFTHEDAY” line from the PCServer-UDKGame.ini could be read, that would be even easier (This line is documented in a few unofficial posts, it seems to work on other Unreal games but not on Chiv).

I figure it’s not an overly time-demanding task (programming wise) and lots of small communities will welcome more reliable and easier to use tools.

The last official? post on this matter I could find was that this was a low priority task. That is over a year ago when you guys moved to a new office.

Anyway, that-s it: Please help us bring more people to Chivalry. We love the last changes and the game. We don’t hold grudges.

Not sure if I should post it in Chiv general, but whatever. Mods, please move it as you deem necessary.

This would be good to see, allow server admins to host their own custom welcome screen with like a daily message or what not.

• Yes, indeed. Some people had qualms with the idea, considering they’d display some sort of ads or what not.
    I’m not asking for some fancy design, just a simple command to print a string.

• For the love of god this needs to be fixed or at least explained. It helps a lot to keep alive communities with few players.

• Mod

would be good - would save custom rcon plugins for spamming our basic server rules (no racist language/no intentional TKing), would be better just to have it sent privately to each player as they join

• Global Moderator

@MonkeyFiend:

would be good - would save custom rcon plugins for spamming our basic server rules (no racist language/no intentional TKing), would be better just to have it sent privately to each player as they join

You’re a moderator and have your own servers you must have more leverage than us. Convince them. We’ve been trying for years to no avail.

• Let’s get this campain going, maybe we can get TB to work on it for patch 27-28 :D

• Bump, this should be a thing…

• it´s best to use b3 instead of waiting

• I really hope to see this in the next patch. The MOTD function for a server should be a standard function… it was available in Half-Life servers in 1999… ^_^

• @HaHawk:

I really hope to see this in the next patch. The MOTD function for a server should be a standard function… it was available in Half-Life servers in 1999… ^_^

Agree 100%… We need that and a working RCON tool… Cant be that hard.

• I pay for a server to make this game more popular, But I cant even get people to know who owns the server. Only by the name when they join. I wish we had a MOTD at the least… I cant get Big brother bot to work… I cant get Rcon to work outside the game with a GUI interface. Please do something about this. Does anyone know how to get a working Rcon Tool working? So I dont have to be in game to manage the server?

• IIRC they had a server message thing on one of the beta builds back a while ago. It appeared in chat and had a different font color. What ever happened to it?