No more XP from custom/modded servers…uh why TBS why?

• No more XP from custom/modded servers…uh why TBS why?

Sooo… Instead of fixing it where you cant increase the amount of XP from a mod you just decide to not let ANYONE playing on modded/custom servers rank up?

Pls correct me if I’m wrong…but you shouldn’t punish people who play the game right and how its meant to be played…

I really wonder how everyone else feels about this who plays on modded classic duel servers/custom game modes, seems like TBS IN MY OPINION is killing that part of the game :\

Autistic ninja edit:
    I have tested this out with several rank 1 accounts of mine on a few duel servers running chiv+ and you don’t gain xp from them either…

SECOND AUTISTIC NINJA EDIT:

Don’t forget that this affects every custom/modded server just fyi including classic duel servers running chiv+

Sure I dont mind that servers like warsaws server cant be used to rank up anymore but what about lightsaber mod? Giantslayers mod? Black Knight mod? Do those not “count” as real game mods since TBS decided you dont earn XP from them?

What about custom maps? Why shouldn’t i earn XP just because i decide to play a custom map?

THIRD EDIT:

So since the last patch (5/1/14) you now gain rank from servers running custom maps (whew thank god) however rank is still not accounted for on modded servers… RIP warsaw’s modded matrix funhem…

• maybe they feel there are too many exploits in these mods?

• @chivalryinterested:

maybe they feel there are too many exploits in these mods?

My reaction when torn banner disables ranking up on custom/modded servers instead of just making it where you cant make a mod that alters xp values

• Ranks serious business.

• Does its work as a temporary measure

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Ranks serious business.

I could give a shit about rank guys thats not my point its the fact that TBS is willing to take a easy shortcut WITHOUT TELLING US IN THE PATCH NOTES that scares me, if they are cutting corners like this with by making custom/modded servers give no XP then imagine what else they will cut corners with?

• Also I wonder what everyone else thinks that runs custom/modded servers? Do they just think its fine that they will never rank up while they play on their servers?
    I doubt warsaw would be happy that he will never rank up unless he plays on unmodded servers… as for a lot of people who enjoy playing classic duel with chiv+…

sigh…

• whoa whoa whoa, when did this get implemented?

your dam right im pissed, this is gonna be the last straw for me,
    im done with this game if that’s the case

I have more game time then any1 on the dam planet
    thanks for throwing my 3300+ hours down the drain.

this is just bs, I knew that dude that hacked his way to rank 80 was going to ruin it for us,
    he should be banned from this instead of us being punished.

i’ve ran a modded server for over 18 months now, what incentive do noobs or regulars have to play on my server now if it does nothing for their game character, other then just lots of fun to play.
    how can u expect any new player to stay on a modded server if they cant rank up or get their weapons?

this is a bad move Torn banner, and gonna ruin the modding community, as there is really no point in continuing to run my server or mod the game any further for me or any other modded server operator

• @WARSAW:

whoa whoa whoa, when did this get implemented?

Last patch…the same patch that broke giant slayers

@WARSAW:

this is just bs, I knew that dude that hacked his way to rank 80 was going to ruin it for us,
    he should be banned from this instead of us being punished.

Well he didn’t hack, just made a mod with the sdk that gave extra XP per a kill, so its a mod not a hack, thing is instead of TBS simply working on making it where you cant MAKE mods that give extra XP they decided to just not let anyone rank up at all who plays on custom/modded servers…. TBS logic I guess…

• that logic is wrong,

KYWILD should be banned from steam the game and forums, and the exploit should be fixed and we shouldn’t get punished for this fools exploiting hacking ways.

if this isn’t a temporary measure then you can kiss the modding community good bye, and most of any fun the game promised from here on out as they have made it pointless to play any modded servers now.

• Mod

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnn. I love playing the star wars mod, but I want to get to rank 50. This sucks :/

• @Tyoson:

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnn. I love playing the star wars mod, but I want to get to rank 50. This sucks :/

I know man I know…

• @Tyoson:

Just use the exploit and boost yourself to 70 it takes like 2hours.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Uh, that that is the whole point of this thread, that exploit doesn’t “work” anymore since you don’t gain XP from any modded servers anymore :\

• Mod

@rumpelstiltskin:

I want to feel like I’ve achieved the rank fairly. Exploiting to get it would feel lame to me.

• @Tyoson:

I want to feel like I’ve achieved the rank fairly. Exploiting to get it would feel lame to me.

Hope you are ready to sink in 3-4k hours into getting to rank 80 then bub, those kills ain’t gonna kill themselves!

• Mod

I’ll be happy with my golden crown. Just finished Dark Souls finally. If it wasn’t for Chivalry being such a broken laggy ass piece of trash these last few months, that maybe wouldn’t have happened.

• @Terminally:

Hope you are ready to sink in 3-4k hours into getting to rank 80 then bub, those kills ain’t gonna kill themselves!

Tobi got rank 60 and he has less than 2000 hours.

• Lulz rank 80 would probably take closer to 13000 hours id imagine. Maybe 5000 for rank 70 minimum id say.