MODDED SERVERS DONT GIVE RANK NOW? WTH

• so is this true TB,
    that instead of banning the serious exploiting xp hacker KYWILD @ rank 80, or fixing the exploit in the game that allowed this fool to do this you have punished everyone and removed ranks, unlocks and xp from modded servers?

why would this be implemented, and nothing in patch notes about it either.
    instead of banning this dude that just rubbed hacking/exploiting in everyones face and yours, and the fact he still remains in the game/forums/steam is a joke.

this fool has ruined the game, modding the game and any modded servers chance of being populated, I really don’t understand how and why we should all be punished instead of removing this exploiting hacker.

this is going to kill the game, modding community and any chance of any modded server being worth playing at all other then by a few random rank 0’s.

I seriously hope this is reverted and this fool dealt with accordingly,
    as this is a very bad decision and way to treat you long term players, admins and modders imo.

I have over 3300 hours in this game, probnably more then anyone in the world

are you really going to reward me for 18 months of modding and server admining,
    by making my modded server and every other modded server useless and all for nothing,
    what kind of message will that send to people.

• If you need proof its easy enough to make a few new chiv accounts and test it for yourself, just visit any server that runs modded/custom maps

Yesterday I tried LG duels and faucher duels in addition to warsaw’s modded matrix mayhem server (I almost enjoyed it, pls dont kill me)

It really is a shame that they took this route instead of fixing the sdk being able to create mods that alter XP values…

• @WARSAW:

so is this true TB,

this is going to kill the game, modding community and any chance of any modded server being worth playing at all other then by a few random rank 0’s.

as this is a very bad decision and way to treat you long term players, admins and modders imo.

Only if people don’t find out :\

Sneaky TBS lol

• @WARSAW:

so is this true TB,
    that instead of banning the serious exploiting xp hacker KYWILD @ rank 80, or fixing the exploit in the game that allowed this fool to do this you have punished everyone and removed ranks, unlocks and xp from modded servers?

why would this be implemented, and nothing in patch notes about it either.
    instead of banning this dude that just rubbed hacking/exploiting in everyones face and yours, and the fact he still remains in the game/forums/steam is a joke.

this fool has ruined the game, modding the game and any modded servers chance of being populated, I really don’t understand how and why we should all be punished instead of removing this exploiting hacker.

WARSAW can’t farm bots on his server anymore

• I dont give 2 shits about farming bots,
    people lets get that straight right now!

my servers mods have never been about that even though some of you are just way too dumb to realize that, which is why the game was nerfed to shit is because of you fools that think like that.

its about the epic gameplay and intense action that you get there, getting unlocks and ranks off of them has always been just another cool bonus of playing there expecially for new players, the bots only add to the mayhem and help populate the server.

im pissed because that was just more incentive for new players to the server to stay and actually try the mods and realize how epic and how much fun it is.

how many friends do you have on steam from people that loved your servers?
    I have over 200, obviously people love what I have done to the game.
    and up until the last patch I had about a 100 regulars a week easy

but now there is basically no point for any1 to play any modded server or custom map server.

I mean dam I have like a 20 maplist rotation on my server and at one point almost 10 custom maps in there, till the recent patches broke those custom maps.

you cant find the epic action anywhere in this game, like you can on my server.

I mean how much time do you think your employees would come in to work for if you told them they aren’t getting paid?

• That’s opinion.

My opinion is that TB made a good call on this. And although not the perfect solution, it definitely does it’s job.

@WARSAW no offense, but I tried your server(I’m from EU so I won’t judge what might be lag-related), and honestly it just seemed like one giant, sped-up slashfest to me. I barely noticed any change in the bots’ behavior, which definitely and rightfully helps coming to the conclusion for most people that your server is nothing but XP grinding.

I surely didn’t find it very epic. I found it partially luck based and partially clickspeed based, and it took me literally 1 min. to figure out the bot AI, and after that I barely died. Combat was really floaty, and the low gravity rewarded high reaching weapon LMB spam, like the Halberd.
    That’s just my opinion. **Sucks to hear you’re angry about this. I for one, don’t think your server should reward experience points. Maybe WARSAW doesn’t think the server isn’t about easy XP grinding, the majority of those who join do.

****Edit: Picture for proof I was really there

• @Rickvs:

That’s opinion.

My opinion is that TB made a good call on this. And although not the perfect solution, it definitely does it’s job.

@WARSAW no offense, but I tried your server(I’m from EU so I won’t judge what might be lag-related), and honestly it just seemed like one giant, sped-up slashfest to me. I barely noticed any change in the bots’ behavior, which definitely and rightfully helps coming to the conclusion for most people that your server is nothing but XP grinding.

I surely didn’t find it very epic. I found it partially luck based and partially clickspeed based, and it took me literally 1 min. to figure out the bot AI, and after that I barely died. Combat was really floaty, and the low gravity rewarded high reaching weapon LMB spam, like the Halberd.
    That’s just my opinion. **Sucks to hear you’re angry about this. I for one, don’t think your server should reward experience points. Maybe WARSAW doesn’t think the server isn’t about easy XP grinding, the majority of those who join do.

****Edit: Picture for proof I was really there

Don’t forget that this affects every custom/modded server just fyi including classic duel servers running chiv+

Sure I dont mind that servers like warsaws server cant be used to rank up anymore but what about lightsaber mod? Giantslayers mod? Black Knight mod? Do those not “count” as real game mods since TBS decided you dont earn XP from them?

What about custom maps? Why shouldn’t i earn XP just because i decide to play a custom map?

• @Terminally:

Don’t forget that this affects every custom/modded server just fyi including classic duel servers running chiv+

Sure I dont mind that servers like warsaws server cant be used to rank up anymore but what about lightsaber mod? Giantslayers mod? Black Knight mod? Do those not “count” as real game mods since TBS decided you dont earn XP from them?

What about custom maps? Why shouldn’t i earn XP just because i decide to play a custom map?

Sorry if I wasn’t really clear. I disagree for this being a good solution for things like Chiv+ or Lightsaber mod(but definitely NOT Giant Slayers). I don’t think servers that give players an easier time killing such as Matrix Mayhem or Giant Slayers should give experience.

As for the custom maps, it’s too bad they no longer reward experience(if what you’re saying is correct). However, it’s ridiculously easy to use the UDK for creating a map that spawns one faction in a deep inescapable well, making for easy botfarming.

What Torn Banner needs to do is remove this nonsense about custom maps not levelling players.
    A solution would be to improve their code to forbid modification to how levelling works(which Ky Wild’s mod does), and make sure experience is only gained by killing players, not bots.

• @Rickvs:

Sorry if I wasn’t really clear. I disagree for this being a good solution for things like Chiv+ or Lightsaber mod(but definitely NOT Giant Slayers). I don’t think servers that give players an easier time killing such as Matrix Mayhem or Giant Slayers should give experience.

As for the custom maps, it’s too bad they no longer reward experience(if what you’re saying is correct). However, it’s ridiculously easy to use the UDK for creating a map that spawns one faction in a deep inescapable well, making for easy botfarming.

What Torn Banner needs to do is remove this nonsense about custom maps not levelling players.
    A solution would be to improve their code to forbid modification to how levelling works(which Ky Wild’s mod does), and make sure experience is only gained by killing players, not bots.

I agree with what you’re saying, but think about it this way, right now anyone can rent a server and login as admin and spawn 32 bots turn the speed up to 200% and bot farm all day if they want to (honestly that is sooo fuking boring) but you cant gain XP from the modded/custom servers now? even if you don’t have bots? wtf is up with that?

• the ai wasn’t modded before, plus we are also in beta of the mod and are in the process of fine tuning the movement speeds and now that I am not physicaly doing the mods my coder is, I am on his schedule brotha,
    and you can think what you want, its not my fault that Tb did such bad ai pathing for when they wig out, they are way better then most people now that they have all the mods we do.

ive ran the most epic server in this game for well over a year now, and for some fool to come in and ruin the entire modding community with his hacking exploits is insane that we all are getting punished for it.

whats also funny about that pic Rick,
    is that you got beat by a bot :)

• yessssssssss

• lulz Warsaw is mad he won’t get the pink helmet.

• @Henric:

lulz Warsaw is mad he won’t get the pink helmet.

THIS ISNT ABOUT FARMING BOTS FOR RANK ITS ABOUT US LEGIT PEOPLE WHO PLAY ON CUSTOM SERVERS BEING ABLE TO RANK UP LEGIT, JEEZUZ…

• yeah nerf lovers get off the topic if you have more useless input,
    this is about modded servers not giving rank or xp anymore and nothing to do with bots.

• @Rickvs:

**Edit: Picture for proof I was really there

whats funny is you got beat by a bot :)

I think that kinda nullifies your input/opinion.

• @WARSAW:

What’s funny is your mod is incredibly easy and takes no skill to be good at what so ever. Please delete your garbage bot farming mod and actually play the game, kthx.

• lol rank 2 nub with 2.0 k/d.

• is hard gaem

• Also, this was way before Ky Wild did what he did so get off his nuts. If anything it’s because you’ve been farming bots since release.

• @WARSAW:

whats also funny about that pic Rick,
    is that you got beat by a bot :)

Need I go on?

@WARSAW:

Me receiving a few blows from the bots is a good thing, as it shows your mod might be slightly less than 100% XP grinding LMB fests.
    I don’t see how it nullifies my input/opinion. It nullifies yours however, I don’t get how the admin of the subject of debate can have any say in the actual debate.

–-
    Also, way to counter yourself. Funny I got killed by a bot? So you admit your bots are retarded as fuck and your server truly is nothing more than getting free kills, then?
    Seriously WARSAW, go play a vanilla match and show us the result screen. I’m eager to see it.