Why are feints taboo to many new 40s and 50s?

• I’m really curious to hear opinions on why so many people see feinting as a taboo or shameful practice. I hear it so much every time I play. “lol a rank 50 feint what a scrub”

What happened? As the skill cap in this game increased over time, as dragging became more common and polished, it seems like many new bloods just shunned feints instead of reading them and punishing them like us veterans learned long ago. I think you grow complacent towards feints when you pub so much and get into muscle memory of not reading them since so few people feint in pubs, so when one person does it they get frustrated. But when you’re playing clan duel servers, you’re constantly practicing against feints and are prepared for them.

What do you think? Why are they so shunned by many of these new blood? And why are they so okay with drags then?

• Global Moderator

Well when you are merrily pub stomping then come up against someone who knows how to play and feints you you always fall for it.

• @lemonater47:

Well when you are merrily pub stomping then come up against someone who knows how to play and feints you you always fall for it.

Careful Lemonater, you might enrage fags who want to play the guessing game.

• Because the lowbies who shunned feints are now rank 40+

• EDIT:

I had to remove my post since it clearly offended too many clan players sexuality and culture. I’m sorry to have bothered you flippy and others, you can go back to your autofellatio in your clan server now. :)

• @Sir:

Your clan server is the designated fag containment zone and when you spill out of that and clan stack in pub servers and feint spam everyone people are of course going to call you out for being gay.

Side note: Your clan banner and profile pic are both clear indications that you are a closet homo.

EDIT: What am I saying, you’re not hiding from anybody that you’re a fag, you just let it jump out at everyone :)

^lols an angry pubber…… classy post.

I have never truly understood the overall hatred of the feint mechanic except maybe when it like any mechanic is abused or spammed. But then again there are defenses even against that. There are a few valid arguments about the feint window timing but not many.

A feint by nature and definition is to fool you. This is one mechanic that is the closest to real life in that you still have to guess if it is real or not. If you are patient and wait a half sec longer you can read and anticipate when it is a feint. Once you get skilled, you can start to read your opponent’s fighting style and again, anticipate their moves.

It is not a cheap mechanic. It is best used sparingly, to mix it up and keep people on their toes instead of constant hit exchanges which are incredibly boring. But for whatever reason the level of hate towards a legit and purposely designed mechanic is beyond me. I know I get mad when I fall for one but then again it is my fault for not anticipating it and I move on.

• @Sir:

Your clan server is the designated fag containment zone and when you spill out of that and clan stack in pub servers and feint spam everyone people are of course going to call you out for being gay.

Side note: Your clan banner and profile pic are both clear indications that you are a closet homo.

EDIT: What am I saying, you’re not hiding from anybody that you’re a fag, you just let it jump out at everyone :)

5 posts and personal attacks already?

inb4 ban

• @Karasu:

5 posts and personal attacks already?

inb4 ban

He managed to call out me with insults in an earlier thread as well ^^ Looking at the state of the forums the past few days it seems like all the mods are on holiday though lol.

• @Sir:

Wow, try being a bit more insulting to gay people next time.

• @Sir:

You sound mad, cuz ur bad. Filthy pleb.

• First time visiting these forums and everybody is throwing around the word ‘fag’ like it isn’t homophobic… Shame

• @Retsnom:

If you are patient and wait a half sec longer you can read and anticipate when it is a feint. Once you get skilled, you can start to read your opponent’s fighting style and again, anticipate their moves.

This is often not possible when somebody is using thrust or lookdown OH feints. Never mind issues of latency, framerate, and the like.

I refrain from employing feints (except against archers, fuck that lot) because I find that they dramatically reduce the enjoyability of a fight, both when you’re on the giving and receiving end. I dislike thinking ill of players, but if I notice one consistently relying on feints, I can’t help but think that s/he can’t really be bothered to use foot/bodywork or intricate weapon handling but rather prefers to use the easiest, most effortless, and least skillful means to dominate their opponent.

• @DaciaJC:

This is often not possible when somebody is using thrust or lookdown OH feints. Never mind issues of latency, framerate, and the like.

I refrain from employing feints (except against archers, fuck that lot) because I find that they dramatically reduce the enjoyability of a fight, both when you’re on the giving and receiving end. I dislike thinking ill of players, but if I notice one consistently relying on feints, I can’t help but think that s/he can’t really be bothered to use foot/bodywork or intricate weapon handling but rather prefers to use the easiest, most effortless, and least skillful means to dominate their opponent.

+1

It feels cheap to use and it worsens my game experience to kill others with it. It’s disgusting to see someone relying on it so much and it usually causes a feint war, where neither side can read them (EVEN THE SUPPOSED PROS) which ruins the gameplay experience.

• @KILLBANDS:

+1

It feels cheap to use and it worsens my game experience to kill others with it. It’s disgusting to see someone relying on it so much and it usually causes a feint war, where neither side can read them (EVEN THE SUPPOSED PROS) which ruins the gameplay experience.

If neither side can read them, why do certain teams always end up winning?

• @NoVaLombardia:

If neither side can read them, why do certain teams always end up winning?

Maybe because there is more to chiv than feints? The notion that one team can beat the offer doesn’t discredit any discussion about this shit mechanic.

I laugh every time I see some guy feint spamming, saying people who don’t like feints are scrubs and if you feint him once back==== guess what he can’t read it. I just wonder why these people bother lying with such crutch mechanics.

ps: pls no retort arguments confusing predictions with reading or pretending that look down feints, stabs or combo feints, facehug feinting or any combination of them are readable especially with fast weapons.

• I honestly would feint more if I didn’t forget about it so often, I enjoy hitting my enemy more than feinting him and then hitting him, of course in pubs its always like that, I swear half the time people don’t even try to parry they just go for hit trades….

• How often does LMB work? How often do you see people complain about LMB?

Feints are no different.

• If you get quad feinted and lose its your own fault.

The feint guessing game has existed since the beginning of chivalry.

• @Goregasm:

How often does LMB work? How often do you see people complain about LMB?

Feints are no different.

After about a solid month of only playing on pubs I have learned how painful it is to watch a fellow teammate feint a newish player who doesn’t even worry about parrying and just lmb spams them to death…

• @zombojoe:

If you get quad feinted and lose its your own fault.

The feint guessing game has existed since the beginning of chivalry.

If quad feints happen I shall visit the forums and cry for stamina nerfs to fix these evil OP quad feints…