DefaultAirControl & AirControl help #2

• What im trying to do: Changing the air control for a trickjump map im making

I know that air control affects the pawns ability to move while in phys_falling

I also know that AirControl=+1.0 is the max for it

I made a small mod with just FFA and a AOCPawn extension and AOCFamilyinfo_Agatha_Knight extension just for this problem

Now a friend of me asked crusty about this and he told us this function to solve the thing

simulated function AOCSetCharacterClassFromInfo(AOCFamilyInfo Info)
    {
    super.AOCSetCharacterClassFromInfo(Info);
    DefaultAirControl = Info.AirControl;
    }

I put this into my AOCPawn extension

Then i set

AirControl=+1.0
    DefaultAirControl=+1.0

in defaultproperties

in my AOCFamilyInfo agatha knight extension, in a aocfamilyinfo knight extension, in a aocfamilyinfo extension, in my aocpawn extension

all with no effect whatsoever on my air control ingame

so yeah, now im pretty clueless from here on, i searched other forums about AirControl and everywhere it says to just set the defaultaircontrol in your Pawn but obviously chiv has a function that takes the values from somewhere else so i need to know where to set the air control.

Halp.

• Whoever helps me fix this gets a free steamgame (10$) of his choice

• I’m getting the same problem, I wonder if chivalrys sdk disables active aircontrol for pawns…

• Not trying to sound like a bloated fagshark, but did you compile scripts? :cool-new:

• @Pebble:

Not trying to sound like a bloated fagshark, but did you compile scripts? :cool-new:

-_-

/I’manidiot…

• Did that really help? :hopelessness:

• I made some tests and it seems that the effect of aircontrol is really subtle, even at 1. Try setting it at a low value and then compare it with the maximum value. (I used the “Duel of the Fates” map for testing)

If you are not sure if the pawn is using your custom aircontrol then you could try using something like this for debugging:

exec function showmyaircontrol()
    {
    ReceiveChatMessage("","mypawn"@CUSTOMPawn(pawn),EFAC_ALL,false,false,,false);
    ReceiveChatMessage("","myDefaultAircontrol"@CUSTOMPawn(pawn).defaultaircontrol,EFAC_ALL,false,false,,false);
    ReceiveChatMessage("","myAircontrol"@CUSTOMPawn(pawn).aircontrol,EFAC_ALL,false,false,,false);
    }

Put the code inside your custom PlayerController and replace CUSTOMPawn with the name of your Custom Pawn Class. Then open your custom game and type “showmyaircontrol” in the console. Also, use the “showdebug” command to check if you are actually using your custom pawn and familyinfo.

• Crushed i told you towatch the the values… it is factored with ground speed which is 200 ish

• @Camponês:

I made some tests and it seems that the effect of aircontrol is really subtle, even at 1. Try setting it at a low value and then compare it with the maximum value. (I used the “Duel of the Fates” map for testing)

If you are not sure if the pawn is using your custom aircontrol then you could try using something like this for debugging:

exec function showmyaircontrol()
    {
    ReceiveChatMessage("","mypawn"@CUSTOMPawn(pawn),EFAC_ALL,false,false,,false);
    ReceiveChatMessage("","myDefaultAircontrol"@CUSTOMPawn(pawn).defaultaircontrol,EFAC_ALL,false,false,,false);
    ReceiveChatMessage("","myAircontrol"@CUSTOMPawn(pawn).aircontrol,EFAC_ALL,false,false,,false);
    }

Put the code inside your custom PlayerController and replace CUSTOMPawn with the name of your Custom Pawn Class. Then open your custom game and type “showmyaircontrol” in the console. Also, use the “showdebug” command to check if you are actually using your custom pawn and familyinfo.

Wow thanks, this worked for me

indeed it says its on 1.0 for both and yet i cant notice much…hmm :( this is dissapointing, i was hoping to get way more air control so you could actually circlejump and stuff

Thanks again, i see AirControl 1 and 0.1 have barely difference, any clue why this might be? I even increased groundspeed, but no difference. :(

• I dont think we are actually changing the aircontrol that is used ingame, the aircontrol we change is being overwritten somewhere else. need to find where that is

• @CRUSHED:

I dont think we are actually changing the aircontrol that is used ingame, the aircontrol we change is being overwritten somewhere else. need to find where that is

I haven’t had much luck with that either. Changing aircontrol is working, but the effect is not enough to allow changing jump direction mid-air.

• We arent actually changing the aircontrol, atleast not for me

there is no difference between aircontrol 0.1 and 1.0 and ive been told by multiple people that 1.0 aircontrol should be extremely noticeable. Even with higher ground speed its still the same

we are just reading the air control from Pawn, but chivalry doesnt control the aircontrol in the pawn, but somewhere else

• @CRUSHED:

We arent actually changing the aircontrol, atleast not for me

there is no difference between aircontrol 0.1 and 1.0 and ive been told by multiple people that 1.0 aircontrol should be extremely noticeable. Even with higher ground speed its still the same

we are just reading the air control from Pawn, but chivalry doesnt control the aircontrol in the pawn, but somewhere else

I can definitely see a very small difference between 1 and 0.01 aircontrol. Try adding this to your playercontroller (replacing CUSTOMPawn with your Pawn class’ name):

exec function toggleaircontrol()
    {
        CUSTOMPawn(pawn).aircontrol = CUSTOMPawn(pawn).defaultaircontrol;
        if(CUSTOMPawn(pawn).aircontrol != 1)
        {
        CUSTOMPawn(pawn).aircontrol = 1;
        CUSTOMPawn(pawn).defaultaircontrol = 1;
        }

else
        {
        CUSTOMPawn(pawn).aircontrol = 0.01;
        CUSTOMPawn(pawn).defaultaircontrol = 0.01;
        }

}

And then test using this map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238489046

Use the toggleaircontrol console command and you will be able to see the difference.

• hmm wierd… but then something has to modify the air control in some way?

• @CRUSHED:

hmm wierd… but then something has to modify the air control in some way?

I don’t know. Maybe there is something limiting the acceleration while jumping/falling.

You should try asking a Torn Banner Dev again.

• well the devs used to answer these forums…

• if you want to change direction in mid air I will tell you a trick,
    enable low gravity on your server and kick facing a different direction in midair and this will efectively change your direction and push you the way you are facing when you kick in mid air :)

I also think the ground speed of the character has some effect to this.
    we also tried messing with air control but it didn’t seem to effect this game the way it does in unreal tournament though.