What is your take on the Fisticuffs update?

• I joined the beta a day before the fisticuffs update & I was have some amazing fun in the game. I was amazed by the combat systems, the different weapons & classes, & the overall appeal the game had on me. Then fisticuffs became available. This update is the worst thing to happen to a game like this. I had the option to either get this or WarZ (sorry if this advertising in anyone’s opinion). I feel like the $70k option should have been moved to 200k as this was just fun, a true extra. The castle that the castle builder or, what appealed a lot to me & from my thoughts considering the game’s name is chivalry!, duel mode would have been ultimately better. This update though has turned me away from the game… possibly forever. They are honestly, in both my eyes and from many more in game, over powered. Should a man’s fist honestly do that much damage. Increasing distance increases force, so they should be relatively weak, especially to armour. Also to us knight users, how do we defend against this? I play mostly FFA so that usually means I am not using a shield, but throwing axes. As there aren’t many players using the archer class in FFA so we can just use our main weapon, in this case the messer & morning star. So we can’t block attacks from the fist as the sword will not do so, or at least not easily. Then they can usually just interrupt our attacks. So this was truly the biggest turn off from the game, but I have to say goodbye to it… & perhaps even forever, This, however, is just my opinion. I would love to hear everyone else’s & respond appropriately though.

• Fists need to be removed imo.

• I really like it - people can kick to interrupt and it takes skill to apply. I understand players on the receiving end can be annoyed but really using fists is a skill - mess it up and you’re dead, real fast. If they are weakened too much there’s simply no point in using them.

• Developer

We actually forgot to include the nerf on fists damage for the patch as it was changed right before it was made. I believe it’s been lowered allready in the hotfix but I’m not quite sure.

• @OrdeaL:

Fists need to be removed imo.

Agreed, but I believe my opinion is now worthless.

@The:

I really like it - people can kick to interrupt and it takes skill to apply. I understand players on the receiving end can be annoyed but really using fists is a skill - mess it up and you’re dead, real fast. If they are weakened too much there’s simply no point in using them.

You have to understand though, fisticuffs should be taken as more on the fun goof-off style. Suppose in a duel or special server when possible. For us knight user it is extremely hard to hit them, they can interrupt our strikes quiet easily even if we do kick them. Especially since a lot of the fist users are the class that can use the evade with “v” they can just jump back from our attacks. Fist aren’t something that can be parried & reposted.

@Rasmus:

We actually forgot to include the nerf on fists damage for the patch as it was changed right before it was made. I believe it’s been lowered allready in the hotfix but I’m not quite sure.

I’m glad, as so will many be, to hear this. If you are on the Chivalry dev team, which I’m assuming you are, I’m also glad to see that the team is active with the updates; however it is to be expected in this early stages. I may have to reform my opinion after some interesting trial & error in FFA, I’ll be back with results.

• They should be more of a comedic novelty rather than this OP destruction machine they are at the moment. I don’t mind them when the nerf is made but right now, I very much dislike em.

• @sadnhappy:

They should be more of a comedic novelty rather than this OP destruction machine they are at the moment. I don’t mind them when the nerf is made but right now, I very much dislike em.

If you read the early post I made, not to sound rude, I agree with you 100%. But it seems that they did nerf them, as Rasmus said & hoping so that he is a primary source. Maybe a special type of gamemode for them should be made, along with other comedic duel armaments.

• They are not going to be viable. Hotfix should have fixed them.

• @Andrew:

They are not going to be viable. Hotfix should have fixed them.

I was just playing a few games of FFA. I was lucky enough to get a few people to accept my study of the new update, so I let them punch me to death. I do believe, unless I have miscounted, that the update is implace. As it now takes 6 punches to kill a knight, as to five; however the fist are still fast. Perhaps it is my lack of skill, or the fact that my mouse isn’t my average trackball. I am pleased, not to the fullest, but pleased. It is not the place to be tedious with the reworks, although some may disagree. It is nice, but I am still so sorry to say, even after the update, that I will not be having this game… Not for this month though, unlike I said earlier “for forever”, that is to say if the hype is still there a month later. I would however like to say, on demand, that people are complaining about the maul (second tier knight’s hammer) being way OP, taking the knight down in 2 hits if I’m not mistaken & the vanguard in one along with it’s “incredible” reach. I will however stop complaining about the mechanics as this is the beta, & I have stated this multiple times to an extreme amount of players. I thank you all for your input & to the devs for the fix.

• The fists’ damage has been lowered now, yes.

• @Martin:

The fists’ damage has been lowered now, yes.

Has said earlier by others & noted by myself, not trying to sound rude, Thanks for your input however.

• Fist nerf makes me sad. They weren’t good before - what I saw yesterday was a lot of veteran players running around using their fists to destroy people who’d just gotten a beta key. They’d have been more effective with a knife. Nobody managed to punch me to death when I was using a weapon, and I played a lot yesterday.

• @SlyGoat:

Fist nerf makes me sad. They weren’t good before - what I saw yesterday was a lot of veteran players running around using their fists to destroy people who’d just gotten a beta key. They’d have been more effective with a knife. Nobody managed to punch me to death when I was using a weapon, and I played a lot yesterday.

You say it yourself “a lot of veteran players running around using their fists to destroy people who’d just gotten a beta key” doesn’t that say something to you?

• @mmkmmk3:

@SlyGoat:

Fist nerf makes me sad. They weren’t good before - what I saw yesterday was a lot of veteran players running around using their fists to destroy people who’d just gotten a beta key. They’d have been more effective with a knife. Nobody managed to punch me to death when I was using a weapon, and I played a lot yesterday.

You say it yourself “a lot of veteran players running around using their fists to destroy people who’d just gotten a beta key” doesn’t that say something to you?

Yeah, it says the game has a high skill ceiling, and the best players can beat the worst without weapons. They could probably kick you to death if they wanted to.

It also says to me that this is the cause of people thinking fists are overpowered. If these players ran around stabbing you to death with a dagger you’d probably think the same thing - but as long as it’s a bigass sword it’s fine.

• @mmkmmk3:

I don’t think it says much - the same could be said for most weapons on new players. As I wrote in my first post the fists can be deadly but it’s easy to screw up a fight and if you do you’re dead, plain as.

Too bad about the nerf; that’s another style to ditch, I guess.

• For the record, I killed two players in one punch tonight (yes, they were already damaged from fighting each other). I am not aware of any other game where I can punch a man through his back and kill the man in front of him with the same blow.
    THE FISTS ARE BEAUTIFUL.

• I don’t care if fists one shotted they still wouldn’t be a viable weapon* for the simple fact that you cannot parry. Baddies dying to people that are punching are the same baddies that would have died if they used any other weapon in the game.

*sure it would be a great ambush weapon though and slightly more viable with a MMA.

• I just cant see how ANY of you guys can support having fists(that kill knights in 6hits) in this game…Im actually mind boggled! :?

• Fists can’t parry any other weapon besides fists. I’m sure you can figure out a way to kill them :)

• @OrdeaL:

I just cant see how ANY of you guys can support having fists(that kill knights in 6hits) in this game…Im actually mind boggled! :?

Because they’re fun. If we want to be realistic, gauntlet-clad fists would be much better weapons than most bladed weapons against a heavily armored knight - because you’d be able to beat him unconscious faster.