Heelp! I need help! Server connection issues…

• Since last weekend, I’ve been unable to join servers or even set up a bot game.

Situations:

The game stays stuck on the load screen. On opening Windows Task Manager I get the following messages:

-CMW.exe is not responding

-Chivalry Medieval Warfare (DX9,32-bit) has stopped working

If I do succeed in getting to the server menu after a long wait on the load screen, after selecting the server (Lg and Faucheur duels are my go-to servers, but I’ve tried others including Official, and the probs are the same), I get another long wait and then “your connection to the host has been lost” or “you have failed to join the server”

So far, I’ve tried these solutions and none has worked:

-turned off and restarted modem

-uninstalled/reinstalled CMW

-in Steam settings, tried setting max ping at various numbers, from 250 to 1500 (default is 5000)

-set anti-virus to exclude Chivalry Launcher and CMW.exe from startup scans

I’m running Windows 7 32-bit and have not had any problems before with CMW

Any help would be much appreciated….Cat

• Mod

try removing (or renaming!) your \Documents\my games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config directory then revalidate the game cache

• @MonkeyFiend:

try removing (or renaming!) your \Documents\my games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config directory then revalidate the game cache

Thank you for replying! How does one go about revalidating the game cache? Thanks again in advance…

• Well, the servers came back by themselves, all running normally but my sound card picked the same time to fail.

I’m guessing that TB was fixing some stuff, as the recent in-game weapon distortions now seem to be OK. In other words, I can’t blame being a crappy player on that any longer…