Archers tournie

• Although Archers are not my class I would like to suggest a Archer tournament in EU and NA. Some thing
    that involves a series of Shots by arrow at distances etc. If some of you want to organise such events
    I am prepared to stump up a First and Second prize in the EU and NA tournament. Its about time
    they had an Archers event for that robin hood part of you. :pirate:

• But all bows have perfect accuracy.

Archer duels in LTS might be a better, but still awful.

• That would be the most boring thing to watch. No thanks.

• While I agree that it would be a very boring match. It would however, give us who are the best archers. If you played on moor and shortened the round timer in LTS to, lets say 2 mins. Then you would have the pressure of time and the need to be accurate. There used to be archer tourneys during those time periods aka Robin Hood. It might be interesting to have a custom map set up with moving targets and ranged targets with a point system followed by a 3 arrow to melee battle.

It is all on how you would set up the tourney to make it interesting.

• Mod

Someone should make a mod with targets that detect where they’re hit and set up a game of darts instead :D

• @Retsnom:

While I agree that it would be a very boring match. It would however, give us who are the best archers. If you played on moor and shortened the round timer in LTS to, lets say 2 mins. Then you would have the pressure of time and the need to be accurate. There used to be archer tourneys during those time periods aka Robin Hood. It might be interesting to have a custom map set up with moving targets and ranged targets with a point system followed by a 3 arrow to melee battle.

Putting archers in archer duels wouldn’t decide the best archer at all. In TO there’s so much more to think about. You’ve got to juggle shooting melee, dodging the enemy archer at the same time, map positioning, spawn times, etc.

The best archer would be an archer who can tag the melee and counter-arch the enemy archer at the same time. Not just an archer duel

• It’s lame enough in LTS

• @Flippy:

Putting archers in archer duels wouldn’t decide the best archer at all. In TO there’s so much more to think about. You’ve got to juggle shooting melee, dodging the enemy archer at the same time, map positioning, spawn times, etc.

The best archer would be an archer who can tag the melee and counter-arch the enemy archer at the same time. Not just an archer duel

That’s easy.

@Retsnom:

While I agree that it would be a very boring match. It would however, give us who are the best archers. If you played on moor and shortened the round timer in LTS to, lets say 2 mins. Then you would have the pressure of time and the need to be accurate. There used to be archer tourneys during those time periods aka Robin Hood. It might be interesting to have a custom map set up with moving targets and ranged targets with a point system followed by a 3 arrow to melee battle.

That’s actually doable with a bit of kismet.

• As Mr Retsnom mentions. I thought some kind of shooting contest with still and moving targets.
    The best time for the moving target shot would be the thing. Perhaps they could be solo archers
    on a course/map with best times and shots near the bullseye noted down. After all the Archers
    have never had an event just for them. who knows the best of the EU and NA could also fight it
    out in this as they don’t actually meet on a map but record times and best shots with the official
    judges present to record and demo the times etc.

• @Tyoson:

Someone should make a mod with targets that detect where they’re hit and set up a game of darts instead :D

Use this:

aoc_drawtracer 1

while equipping a bow/projectile. There are tracers for projectiles, yes.

Now all you need is a map with the target on it.

• Mod

@JimmyTryhard:

Use this:

aoc_drawtracer 1

while equipping a bow/projectile. There are tracers for projectiles, yes.

Now all you need is a map with the target on it.

Somebody needs to model a dart board. I think that’d be fricken sweet!

• I would bet Mr eyl or ryan wins the EU contest for the uk

• @Flippy:

That would be the most boring thing to watch. No thanks.

I would rather slowly have my finger nails torn off than be forced to watch an “archer duel”

If you want to see that just go to a duel server where there are a bunch of rank 5 archers…

• While I agree that nothing is more boring than watching the last two survivors in an LTS match be archers and shoot and dance till the time runs out. I have no love of archers and their melee as I have mentioned in far too many threads. However, I still respect highly skilled and upper level archers. I could see fast paced archer tournament with limited rounds, limited arrows and a variety of tests ending up 1 on 1 against each other.

There is that custom map that has an arena area and floating bulls-eye targets. That would be a great map for this type of tournament.

If you have ever seen Military sniper tournaments they have to do a lot of tasks over several days. Distance shots, fast shots, all points awarded for accuracy, various stages. Or like that show, Top Shot. http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot

• Archer tournament, so Javelins are allowed?

• Javelins don’t count!

• Step 1: Start both archers on either side of the map. have 4 vanguards in the center wielding zweihander.

Step 2: Archers begin their ‘duel’.

Step 3: After a certain amount of time, the vanguards are RELEASED. 2 going for both archers respectively.

Step 4: Archers must kill the other archer before getting charge attacked.

WIN

Should make a map for this, have a cage in the center to house the vanguards lmao!

• Mod

I’d just use sling and lead balls and win everytime

• @Terminally:

I would rather slowly have my finger nails torn off than be forced to watch an “archer duel”

If you want to see that just go to a duel server where there are a bunch of rank 5 archers…

Are you not missing the point here. My suggestion was a contest of shooting over long distances for nearest to target
    points and a contest for the best at hitting moving targets. Also as Mr Retsnom suggested is a good idea.
    What a strange site this can be tbh, if you or anyone makes a post saying Archers are op or nerf them
    then Archers come in crowds to butcher the post hehe. Can we have some Archers please input now.

• @loin:

Are you not missing the point here. My suggestion was a contest of shooting over long distances for nearest to target
    points and a contest for the best at hitting moving targets. Also as Mr Retsnom suggested is a good idea.
    What a strange site this can be tbh, if you or anyone makes a post saying Archers are op or nerf them
    then Archers come in crowds to butcher the post hehe. Can we have some Archers please input now.

I have mained archer for 800 hours out of my 3600 hours…sry I must be getting tired of archers,

To be fair though there is no real “skill” in aiming for the most part, sprint half the map then jump and jump until you have no stamina? Boom you can shoot an arrow across the map with 100% accuracy…

I dunno man, I know I wouldn’t watch or take part in it thats for sure, just seems like an ego tourney if you ask me.

Still a good idea in theory though…