Are team attacks supposed to flinch?

• Are team attacks supposed to flinch/cancel your attack?

because they do.

this could also point to why flinch in release happens. i think sometimes things happen where it plays the wrong sound because the game thinks something else happened. like when you get hit by an arrow but the firepot hitting you sound plays or a blunt weapon sound plays.

Anyways, i’m pretty sure teammates aren’t supposed to flinch you or cancel your attack but it sure as hell happens.

Example (stab overhead combo with kite shield/broadsword)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ann55V6FtUQ&list=UUGaTSUNbOlrrHRp5ykT14xQ&t=9m29s

go to about 9m29s if that link doesn’t work, i’m sure i can find more examples but i think you all are smart enough to know what i’m talking about and have experienced it in the past and present.

• But they don’t.

• @50ShadesofClay:

Are team attacks supposed to flinch/cancel your attack?

because they do.

this could also point to why flinch in release happens. i think sometimes things happen where it plays the wrong sound because the game thinks something else happened. like when you get hit by an arrow but the firepot hitting you sound plays or a blunt weapon sound plays.

Anyways, i’m pretty sure teammates aren’t supposed to flinch you or cancel your attack but it sure as hell happens.

Example (stab overhead combo with kite shield/broadsword)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ann55V6FtUQ&list=UUGaTSUNbOlrrHRp5ykT14xQ&t=9m29s

go to about 9m29s if that link doesn’t work, i’m sure i can find more examples but i think you all are smart enough to know what i’m talking about and have experienced it in the past and present.

You know what’s even worse? When you are 2v1ing a guy and double tapping him, but somehow he is able to throw out an attack while getting flinched.

You guys ever seen this? Happens a lot for me.

• @JimmyTryhard:

You know what’s even worse? When you are 2v1ing a guy and double tapping him, but somehow he is able to throw out an attack while getting flinched.

You guys ever seen this? Happens a lot for me.

Fucking hate that. It’s the worst when they have a high damage weapon like Maul and they just spam LMB and tag you.

• flippy, look at the video and tell me i didn’t get flinched by mr. double axe guy there.

and yes, the bug about someone swinging during flinch has existed since … forever basically and it’s very annoying. I know messer swords have been particularly aggravating with that recently since they do so much filthy damage. Gotta be annoying to those playing maa, i know it’s annoying when i play maa.

As far as team flinch flippy, it’s not SUPPOSED to happen, but … it certainly does i’m sorry. Don’t kill the messenger. And just for clarification, i’m not saying it happens all the time, like every time a teammate hits you it will flinch you. It’s a bug so it happens kind of randomly, but it happens enough for it to be sort of an issue.

• Both are quite annoying. Got flinched my a teammate today and thought I was going crazy. Good vid

• flippy, look at the video and tell me i didn’t get flinched by mr. double axe guy there.

You edited your post after I made mine. Your original post was just,

Are team attacks supposed to flinch/cancel your attack?

because they do.

• yeah idk, sometimes my posts don’t turn out right when i hit the GO button so i have to change stuff.

• Team flinching is very good. If you can flinch an ennemy why flinching an allie should be impossible. Create a server without team damage and without team hits if you find that you could be able to do a 2vs1 without having désavantage(french word sorry) Stop wanting an easy game.

• They’re are not supposed to flinch (bug) but I think they should flinch as a feature.

• @Bardaf:

Team flinching is very good. If you can flinch an ennemy why flinching an allie should be impossible. Create a server without team damage and without team hits if you find that you could be able to do a 2vs1 without having désavantage(french word sorry) Stop wanting an easy game.

^ where the hell do these morons come from? oh wait he said he’s French.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

They’re are not supposed to flinch (bug) but I think they should flinch as a feature.

and then NA servers turn into one big giant votekick.

more votes than the election.

• @50ShadesofClay:

and then NA servers turn into one big giant votekick.

more votes than the election.

At least make it toggleable option for competitive play.

• i doubt TB would add this just for comp play.

but that would be better. i mean pretty much all the features in this game could be a potential server option to be honest.

lets see what happens with Crushedvalry 1.0

• @50ShadesofClay:

i doubt TB would add this just for comp play.

but that would be better. i mean pretty much all the features in this game could be a potential server option to be honest.

lets see what happens with Crushedvalry 1.0

Torn Banner was actually thinking about it at some point:
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/11890-Opinions-on-Friendly-Fire-amp-Flinching?highlight=teammate+flinch

• @50ShadesofClay:

^ where the hell do these morons come from? oh wait he said he’s French.

Great to insult people ! Who’s the worse, an american racist or an honest european ?

• @Bardaf:

Great to insult people ! Who’s the worse, an american racist or an honest european ?

TIL french people are race.

• TIL calling someone a moron is racist AND french is a race.

Learning 2 things with one stone, the Murican way!

In reality though, if you didn’t want to be called a moron, first don’t say dumb things, and then don’t slight me by saying i want an easy game suggesting i’m trying to make it easier for myself because i can’t play otherwise. That was your mistake.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

TIL french people are race.

that thread’s one year anniversary is in 17 days lol

• Do you have another word than racist ? TIL if someone else than yourselve critic you, he become a stupid dumb moron french speaker. But why do you want this thing in game ? I like to having a chance of winning versus 2 men because they do teamhits and cancel their attacks themselves.