Outpost Map

• This map is so sick, i love this map!

i can’t play very well right now but hopefully either I or TB can sort some performance issues out.

HOWEVER,

this map is sick, i LOVE the 3rd objective ( i think) where the map gets dark and foggy. This section is great because while there are great archer perches… theres FOLIAGE to hide and run through for visual cover. I fucking love it. Actually not getting shot a million times because they can’t see me.

I think more foliage needs to be added to existing maps for more archer cover. Then you could throw smoke and shit into the foliage to make it even worse for archers. Visibility is already pretty low with the dark fog but this… this my friends is a godsend.Plus it feels cool as shit charging in and weaving in and out of that shit.

Awesome and fun map with good objectives.

I will say though, i think it’s a little easy for agatha… almost TOO easy. Time will tell.

Anyways, good job on awesome map design on that one.

I like coldfront too, it’s pretty damn fun, the king gets rekt though.

• its easy to spawn camp on the 2nd objective of outpost for defenders though. But the spawn is really close to the objective, so idk how i feel about it yet.

• yeah it seems though that since you’re so close it’s not that hard to get in there. You can actually counter arch pretty well on the attack so that the defense doesn’t box you in. The log is pretty annoying though how if you fall off the one side you have to go all the way around lmao

• I personally like Outpost more out of the two. Coldfront just feels unfinished to me, the castle feels empty, the map feels a bit too big.

But, yeah, attacking teams on both maps definitely have the advantage, in my opinion.

• I find outpost empty the objectives are the only good things in these maps.

• @50ShadesofClay:

this map is sick, i LOVE the 3rd objective ( i think) where the map gets dark and foggy. This section is great because while there are great archer perches… theres FOLIAGE to hide and run through for visual cover. I fucking love it. Actually not getting shot a million times because they can’t see me.

I think more foliage needs to be added to existing maps for more archer cover. Then you could throw smoke and shit into the foliage to make it even worse for archers.

If you set your settings low enough there is no fog on outpost and you can see clear as day. If archers have any issues with the fog they can just lower their graphical settings to cheese you.

• @Sir:

If you set your settings low enough there is no fog on outpost and you can see clear as day. If archers have any issues with the fog they can just lower their graphical settings to cheese you.

that’s pretty lame… youre talking about the 3rd objective right? because not the entire map is foggy.

TORN BANNER, MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS EQUAL FOG, THAT IS NONSENSE if this is true.

• @50ShadesofClay:

that’s pretty lame… youre talking about the 3rd objective right? because not the entire map is foggy.

TORN BANNER, MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS EQUAL FOG, THAT IS NONSENSE if this is true.

Yup it is true. I play on low graphical settings because I can get the best smooth framerate and quality of performance out of it and it also reminds me of a better looking Age of Chivalry which I love. It isn’t really nonsense since people who are running potato computers might not be able to handle the fog and it is just another graphical setting limiting their performance.
    Good for archers who wanna cheese though ; )

• i can dig, i play on a ribeye and i can’t handle the graphics of this game.

• The foggy part is actually the 2nd objective. Sometimes burning the tents takes so long you lose track.

• ah yes, right you are. It’s burn tents, then push the cart, then break the wall, then capture the tower thingy which i haven’t ifgured out what’s going on there yet. I only played the map 2 times, one mason one agatha. Got rekt as mason.

really though, while lowering your settings might help you play better by getting better frames or getting by some of the hinderances the game has within, you’re hindering the overall experience of the game.

The game does look good, and the experience i had on this map when it went from clear as day to going through that objective and it getting all dark foggy and gritty was so tits. I got a little adrenaline rush.

The game looks way better on max settings, especially with a good monitor to highlight the lighting and colors and stuff. My old monitor looks like shit in comparison.

• Agatha can either capture the tower or slay all 4 NPC chieftains to win. It’s a bit easy.

• I, too, love the area for the second and the third objectives. Has all the feel of an ambush battle.

• The lighting makes it hard to see who’s who though, dunno’ who’s on your team or your enemy unless you get really close. Which makes archers even more annoying when they’re constantly TKing you.

• Coldfront would be fun to play if the framerate wasn’t so bad and jittery. Even on lowest settings I only get 23-26fps which is unplayable. Even when citadel was first released it wasn’t half as bad as Coldfront in terms of framerate and lag.
    If/when TB optimize that map I’ll gladly play it as it is a nice change with good visuals.
    Although I still don’t really understand the objectives on Coldfront, they seem interesting though.

Outpost is a great map and very fun to play and no issues with framerate or lag for me. I exclusively play Agatha, almost religiously since release so my view of balance on the map is somewhat limited to the Agatha perspective since I rarely play on Mason. However almost all the games I’ve had on Outpost, Agatha has won easymode and it isn’t because the players on the Mason team are bad. I dunno, it just seems a tad easy for Agatha and I haven’t had a close game on that map yet.

• @dudeface:

Agatha can either capture the tower or slay all 4 NPC chieftains to win. It’s a bit easy.

I agree it’s currently a bit too easy, but I really really like the concept of having two separate objectives to go for. Makes it more interesting for both the defenders and attackers, and prevents the good ol’ “everyone stacks at the last target” which is so prevalent in other maps.

• I love outpost, although if you find a chieftain all by himself he’s basically dead. AI can’t fight at all, don’t even know why they have weapons. Confront would be ok if you didn’t get 2 fps on it.

• I pretty much like the new maps, they just need more balancing.

• Global Moderator

@SOC:

The lighting makes it hard to see who’s who though, dunno’ who’s on your team or your enemy unless you get really close. Which makes archers even more annoying when they’re constantly TKing you.

That’s the thing I don’t have this problem. Max settings pretty much I play archer and I know who’s who. Character models and colours are visible. The direction they are facing, their position and who they are fighting are also massive clues.

@swagfox:

I love outpost, although if you find a chieftain all by himself he’s basically dead. AI can’t fight at all, don’t even know why they have weapons. Confront would be ok if you didn’t get 2 fps on it.

They will defeat any turtler in the game. Just watch them.

• @swagfox:

I love outpost, although if you find a chieftain all by himself he’s basically dead. AI can’t fight at all, don’t even know why they have weapons. Confront would be ok if you didn’t get 2 fps on it.

The AI can suprise you though if you forget about em, still sucks to have them all run over and get stuck on the gallows part though…and they are archer bait…