Adrenaline system

• At the moment I feel pike stamina is in a good place for duels but too low for TO. If you don’t wanna stam out in a a future engagement, you have to pause and regen after the previous engagement, which 1. Hurts the flow of combat and 2. Makes you retardedly easy to hit for some douche archer. I think I’ve heard people suggest more stam and something similar but I thought it’d be neat if you get a small chunk of stam every time you hit someone or maybe a larger chunk when you kill someone. I don’t like unlimited feints and cftps in duels but I hate not having enough stam to 1vN at least 2 non retarded people who know they can win simply by stamming you out.

• Weird, I was thinking of just such a thing last time I was playing. Basically it comes down to one vs. many engagements. As the one you want to stand a chance.

Say three people are wailing on you and miracle of miracles you’re still alive. Somehow you manage to duck and weave you finally get a swing off, BOOM, down one goes and you’re evening the odds and… too late all that parrying and now you’re out of stamina.

Games, particularly multiplayer games, thrive on moments of glory. TF2 has it’s crit system to just slightly fudge the experience and make those moments happen more often. Although people, particularly the experienced, often malign the crit system, it’s probably responsible for the incredible moment that hooked them on the game in first place.

An adrenaline system could be that thing for Chiv. Just enough of a nudge to give you those amazing 1 vs 6 heroics that you can bore your friends with later.

I’d have it apply to kills rather than hits, as hits would be another bonus for the mob.

• No more big combat changes 2 years after release please.

Just reduce the amount of stamina it costs to parry attacks. Bam done.

• @Flippy:

That sounds terrible. It’s not a sin to consider a balance change beyond fudging the numbers. The game, good as it is, isn’t perfect. As evidenced by the fix of handle hits currently in beta. That’s going to be a pretty big combat change for some.

• @Flippy:

No more big combat changes 2 years after release please.

+1

As much as it would be neat to see something like this I fear it would be too buggy (or just plain not work)
    would much rather see less stamina used for parrying instead…

• I thought recovering a chunk of stamina after a successful kill was an idea worth exploring. It’s been discussed here before.

• @dudeface:

I thought recovering a chunk of stamina after a successful kill was an idea worth exploring. It’s been discussed here before.

i’d rather just reduce cost of parrying and somehow cftp but that would mean reduce stam drain on feint which is bad, just the parry needs to cost less. If you have this thing where you recover stamina on kill, vanguards will never stop swinging. Probably good knights too. Whole thing would just be insanity.

• @50ShadesofClay:

vanguards will never stop swinging. Probably good knights too. Whole thing would just be insanity.

Sounds an awful lot like warsaw’s mod… Go try it out! :D

• I did a 5v1 using zeiw before killed them all, eventually, and had plenty of stamina. Granted they were much lower in rank, but still, yay.

• They just need to remove most of the parry drain mechanic so most fights arent determined by stamina anymore

5 stam drain for parrying anything should be MAX you should never be punished for parrying succesfull, i mean what the fuck?

stamina just needs to be much less of a vactor, you should be able to parry 20 attacks with still having half stam, right now its retarded, if you fail to hit the guy and he parries, its YOUR fault and it the guy who parries should never be punished for that fail by the attacker

right niow the game limits waay too much with this stamina shit. Cant go 1v10 in LTS like in the old days cause i get dazed after 3 seconds lol

• Lower parry drain and FRIENDLY FLINCH pls. Nothing is more annoying than getting ganked by 3-4 retards who spam lmb throught each other. If there was friendly flinch you could win that fight but now youre forced to PiP till u run outta stam. If u try to riposte one of the lmb tards will flinch u.

• @Bluebeard:

Nothing is more annoying than getting ganked by 3-4 retards who spam lmb throught each other.

I love those guys when I play MAA. I hate those guys when I play anything else.

• those random joes that have rank 10 and yet gangbang you with perma flinch perfectly timed attacks while they dont even know what theyre doing

part of the reason i only play maa these days lol

• This post is deleted!

• @CRUSHED:

those random joes that have rank 10 and yet gangbang you with perma flinch perfectly timed attacks while they dont even know what theyre doing

part of the reason i only play maa these days lol

Lol

IMO the adrenaline system just looks like a way to reward fuck ups. I agree with Crushed in removing most of the blocking/parrying stam drain.

• i have to agree… it’s just frustratign if you stand nearly no Chance against more than 1 opponent because all they have to do is to attack you until you flinch because no stamina…

• @Großadmiral:

i have to agree… it’s just frustratign if you stand nearly no Chance against more than 1 opponent because all they have to do is to attack you until you flinch because no stamina…

Yeah, makes the game frustrating thats for sure…

• What if you lost stamina from putting up a parry but blocking an attack would drain either no stamina or very little?

Wouldn’t that make blocking much more decisive?

• I just wish they went back to the old stamina regen system where you could simply kneel down and start your regen when you wanted to. The current system sucks even if they claim you regen faster… Who ever it was that had the bright idea to fix something that wasn’t broken needs to be fired.

• @Retsnom:

I just wish they went back to the old stamina regen system where you could simply kneel down and start your regen when you wanted to. The current system sucks even if they claim you regen faster… Who ever it was that had the bright idea to fix something that wasn’t broken needs to be fired.

But how would maa be OP in 1vs1 if knights could regen stamina like they used to be able to!?!?!