Horde Mode - Early Days

• Developer

DESCRIPTION

Fight against waves of enemies.

Buy weapons and additional health, difficulty scales per player and per wave.

Designed for 1-4 players. Join Mason team in order to play, see how far you can make it!

If you die, you will come back if your team makes it to the end of the round.

If all players die in the same round you lose!

This is more of a pet project of mine for now, something fun on the side just throwing it out there in an early state to see if people are interested in it being taken further.

This entire thing is driven using TO2 and kismet, no code work at all, so it would be entirely possible for people to make their own levels and enemies types and I really hope you do!

I can put up some more documentation on how you could make your own horde level if people are interested.Looking forward to feedback!

Maps included:TO2-Horde_Room.udk

Steam workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=255261368

• What are we fighting? Peasants, right?

• I might have to make a map for this once the contest has finished.

• Sounds cool will have to check it out and see this TO2 in action!

• Very interested yes

• Sounds like a nice idea, Hope to see where this goes….

• Servers are up, check it out

• Okay got into a server made it to wave 2 a bit confusing a first and some of the npcs were pretty glitchy popping in and out of existence the knight of doom was cool but i was able to get inside of him and kill him pretty easily. I like where this is going gonna try some more when I get a chance.

• Some EQ members and I joined a server and had a blast. Some issues sure, but it was a fun time; especially when working as a team. Seems the knife throwing MAA doesn’t actually throw anything, and bows can run out of ammo it seems?

• @noble118:

Okay got into a server made it to wave 2 a bit confusing a first and some of the npcs were pretty glitchy popping in and out of existence the knight of doom was cool but i was able to get inside of him and kill him pretty easily. I like where this is going gonna try some more when I get a chance.

Yeah kinda funky but overall I enjoyed it…

• I tested it last night with someone. I guess it was you Tibberius? i am joffstark ingame^^
    Maybe some HUDMarkers would be great, poping up between two rounds and showing “Buy Sword” or just “Buy”.

• Developer

Updated mode to have 60 minute time limit instead of 20, Tell players they have won if they hit 60 minutes.

• I just wish that some of these horde mode servers actually worked.

• Once I finish helmsdeep I’m going to add this as a gamemode lol.

Anyone else play the L4D helmsdeep map?

Its fucking hardcore.

• Wow! I remember when I played this mode in StarCraft.
    While I was creating my map for the contest I saw the skeleton working as a NPC, and I imagined this mode could be fun!! I will support this mode at my map!

• I doubt the 1min time limit on the map is intentional? Please fix, I am eager to try this.

• Developer

Fixed the 1 min issue, just hit wave 56 with a couple clan dudes, so epic. Let me know if you guys can beat that, we died with about 4 minutes left out of the 60.

• Global Moderator

@Tibberius:

Fixed the 1 min issue, just hit wave 56 with a couple clan dudes, so epic. Let me know if you guys can beat that, we died with about 4 minutes left out of the 60.

This is why we have been wanting something like this since 2012.

• @Tibberius:

wave 56, lol….

• Got to wave 18 by myself, then the bots all seemingly disappeared, but were attacking me and I died….was not very happy ><
    But still, really fun :D

Needs more Minotaur’s and 4 armed enemies :D