Really fed up now.

• Ok. I officially hate this game now. This is what I have gone through for the past week.

Log on, launch the game, takes at least 30 seconds, way too damn long.

Join a server, crash.
    Re-launch.

Join a server, crash.
    Re-launch.

Join a server, crash
    Re-launch…

Join a server…

crash
    Re-launch.

Join a server, HEY IT WORKED jumping up and down in rejoice

Choose my class, start playing.

Fighting one guy, all of a sudden, my game stops and everyone is walking into space, 2 seconds later, it’s returned to normal. I am dead.

Repeat. Dead.

Repeat. Dead.

One good fight! YES!

Fighting one guy, all of a sudden, my game stops and everyone is walking into space, 2 seconds later, it’s returned to normal. I am dead. Again.

Complain in chat.
    Other players deny, and I am left looking like a scrub.

Leave the game.

Clanmate asks me to scrim. I eagerly reply “sure”, hoping I will have a good time.

Join our clan server. Start having spacewalking issues again. Oh well, maybe it won’t affect me much in the scrim.

Kendo starts.

Fighting one guy, all of a sudden, my game stops and everyone is walking into space, 2 seconds later, it’s returned to normal. I am dead. Kendo continues, and we lose.

Scrim starts.

I call a strat, but as I am approaching the enemy, spacewalking again. Can’t fight properly, die. An air of frustration and failure is among the voice chat.

We lose.

Re? sure.

We lose again.

Re? sure.

We lose again.

I’m done. It’s 10:00, I need to sleep, it’s a weekday.

“GG. That was fun.” I leave with a clenched jaw.

This process repeats every day now.

• Global Moderator

Have you validated the game files at all???

• @JimmyTryhard:

“GG. That was fun.” I leave with a clenched jaw.

This process repeats every day now.

Welcome to chivalry!

• I’ve had this problem for a while now. I also don’t play chivalry very often anymore. That seemed to fix the problem for me.

• Same’s been happening to me as of late. I think I’m just going to quit playing Chivalry competitively altogether, leave my clan, and join SaFE or something. I could record a 5 min. match, slow the footage down, and already spot hundreds of BS moments like desync, flinching issues, all that kind of crap.

• Global Moderator

@Rickvs:

Same’s been happening to me as of late. I think I’m just going to quit playing Chivalry competitively altogether, leave my clan, and join SaFE or something. I could record a 5 min. match, slow the footage down, and already spot hundreds of BS moments like desync, flinching issues, all that kind of crap.

Slow things down and notice thing that you didn’t notice before and wouldn’t notice in an actual gameplay situation.

• @lemonater47:

Slow things down and notice thing that you didn’t notice before and wouldn’t notice in an actual gameplay situation.

I don’t need to know what happened exactly to know that something bullshitty happened.
    A Grandmace swing that goes through my parry for example, happens quite frequently but I don’t always notice it. It’s only after the battle is over that I realise the attack went through.

• that sounds pretty bad, i’m not having that issue… just bad framerate mostly and teleport. This would be infuriating.

• Today was much better. I had a lot less desyncing (although i did have quite a bit at times) and I had a good time for once.

• @JimmyTryhard:

Today was much better. I had a lot less desyncing (although i did have quite a bit at times) and I had a good time for once.

Glad to hear, Cheers boss.

• Mod

I’m having similar issues. My game doesn’t crash though. It’ll just start joining a server, and then disconnect. So I’ll try refreshing the server browser. No servers will pop up. Shift tab and check steam friends. Steams gone offline. Restart chivalry. Rinse and repeat a few times until I can finally play. I also get the warping issues as well.

• i checked out multiplay servers, they cost over double what i pay for mine each. Why does TBS use multiplay servers is beyond me. There are other server providers with locations other than US, simrai for example that have way better servers. FFS

• @50ShadesofClay:

i checked out multiplay servers, they cost over double what i pay for mine each. Why does TBS use multiplay servers is beyond me. There are other server providers with locations other than US, simrai for example that have way better servers. FFS

Multiplay likely made a deal with TB to offer them dozens of servers for a much lower price. At the cost of lower quality servers. (30 tickrate pffffff)

• @Flippy:

Multiplay likely made a deal with TB to offer them dozens of servers for a much lower price. At the cost of lower quality servers. (30 tickrate pffffff)

yeah but couldn’t another company give them a better deal since they already are lower prices, and in some kind of bundle package they could probably be even lower… i wouldn’t doubt it.

• @50ShadesofClay:

yeah but couldn’t another company give them a better deal since they already are lower prices, and in some kind of bundle package they could probably be even lower… i wouldn’t doubt it.

The thing about multiplay, they have servers all around the world. Europe, Americas, Asia, Oceania. If you buy all these servers from one company instead of 4 different companies for every region it’s gonna be much cheaper because they get a better deal.

And:

@Flippy:

@50ShadesofClay:

I think not every company would agree to that because for smaller companies bad servers = bad opinions and thus less profit. Multiplay is pretty big and known for being shit so they don’t care.

It’s really sad because playing this game with ping below 60 is masochism. Look at recent clayton video, made me fucking cringe.

• To be fair to Multiplay they aren’t that bad in terms of price if you hustle them a bit but Simrai are so much better. Currently we host eight servers via Simrai but generally poor tick rates and dwindling player numbers (our members not in general) means that we will be going for quality over quantity in future. If anyone has any thoughts on optimum tick rates and map rotations for 12, 24, 32 and 50 slot servers we are all ears.

I’m personally sharing some of the OP’s issues but on the evidence I’ve got to date, I’m blaming that on my internet provider. My best guess is packet loss; I’m teleporting all over the place with circa 30 ping and frame rates of 60-100 on most maps (down to 30 if I go into the ballista huts in front of the beach on the new map). I tried our 500 tick rate server and the issue persisted and none of my clan mates are experiencing the problem, hence I’m pointing the finger at my ISP. I’m I wrong?

Back to the OP; all I can offer is empathy and a promise that we are working on hosting the optimum server set ups.

PS. To elaborate on the Knighthood’s dwindling member numbers; almost without exception, all of our competitive players ditched the game after the camera angle/new animations patch. It’s a pity because it had taken ages to build to the point where we had decent teams and the whole thing collapsed over night. I’ve personally been pretty much out of the comp scene for over a year so I didn’t really appreciate what the Knighthood had become until a guy from VK told me that the EU comp scene has virtually ceased to exist since our teams jacked it all in. Whilst I find it hard to believe that the EU comp scene is dead and that’s it all totally our fault, our leaving clearly didn’t help.

What I don’t understand is why all of our top players hated the patch to the point where they quit en masse but for the most part everyone on these forums didn’t mind the patch at all. It makes me wonder if they have just burnt out (sorry guys if you are reading this but it’s what I’m thinking).

Fuck me that was a massive tangent, sorry OP, should of posted in Clan Hub. I just drifted into it.

• I’m have performance issues too. I’d not played for a few days prior to the latest patch, and when I joined a TO server I was teleporting all over the place. I though I must not have paused a dl or something, so I checked my ping (35ms) and made sure I had nothing downloading, but everything was fine. I’ve never had unexplained performance issues before this patch :/

Duel servers are fine, it’s just TO for me (24p).

• Holy shit clay, I just watched “Chivalry - Lagassin Chronicle”. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I GO THROUGH ON TOP OF PACKET LOSS! My god. I think something is wrong with the netcode or some shit because it does mostly happen in bigger servers. I thought it was only me who started to feel sick playing and wondering why I am dying to such bullshit over and over.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBfWLkgy7t0

For anyone wanting to witness the pain.

• @JimmyTryhard:

….For anyone wanting to witness the pain.

Damn that’s bad but not quite what I’m experiencing, I’m getting loss of frames in bigger chunks. Guess it could be a similar route cause all the same.