Your description of flinching game mechanics

• There are a lot of people complaining about flinching not working.

What is your description of how flinching game mechanics work? and what makes you so certain you are right?
    aaand go.

Personal opinion, I do not think it happens every time, and I think that is deliberate, it depends on what position their attack is in when they get flinched, otherwise you could just flinch someone to death, which would be lame and OP.
    So I’m going to play the working as intended card for TB.

People crying because your dagger swing spams arent flinching someone constantly, you should be ashamed.

• Flinching is when your attack makes contact on your opponent during their windup, so it flinches them. You’re not supposed to be able to flinch someone during release or recovery. However there’s a bug that happens where you get flinched during your release state which shouldn’t happen. It doesn’t happen every time, in fact it doesn’t even happen very often. But it happens enough to be extremely annoying.

• Ok that is basically what I was trying to say. But some people were complaining in game that they could not flinch someone.
    Just making sure we were all on the same page ^_^

• I agree, Flippy. It doesn’t happen often, but when it does…
    Why does it always happen at the worst time?

• my thought is that it’s somewhat lag related… I was able to produce it a number of times with a buddy, but we tried again on our server with different people and it just wouldn’t flinch like ever. We tried with 2 people, 3 people, every timing we could think of, different weapons, different attacks and it wouldn’t go. My though is that it MUST do with lag.

• Mod

Here’s an example of Flinch in Release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUxkLdS-Ng4

• @50ShadesofClay:

my thought is that it’s somewhat lag related… My though[t] is that it MUST do with lag.

Happens more often on the shitty official multiplay servers than smaller nfo servers in my experience…

• @Kim:

Here’s an example of Flinch in Release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUxkLdS-Ng4

GOTTA LOVE THAT FLINCH IN RELEASE MAYNE.

• I am pretty sure that flinch happens even when idle and during recovery.

• Kind of glad with flinch in release existing, less bullshit hittrades

if you play for hittrades, deal with it lol got no sympathy for people who try to hit trade all fucking day

people who play hit trade mode are lucky this even works in chivalry, in other melee games there is no hit trades, first attack that hits will flinch

use timing and stop playing like some hit trade mongoloid and u wont get annoyed by it

• @CRUSHED:

Kind of glad with flinch in release existing, less bullshit hittrades

if you play for hittrades, deal with it lol got no sympathy for people who try to hit trade all fucking day

people who play hit trade mode are lucky this even works in chivalry, in other melee games there is no hit trades, first attack that hits will flinch

use timing and stop playing like some hit trade mongoloid and u wont get annoyed by it

I used to think the same as you crushed, then I started using messer…

• I’m still not sure if flinch in release is a real thing. I explained why in that other thread by Hexen, I think, but it basically just boils down to lag afaic.
    Doesn’t explain that video with bots, though.

• Was it Hexen that had the extreme delayed flinch after the attack video? It also seems for some reason that I get flinched playing Maul but when I go up against a maul, I can never flinch it. Or it will flinch but then stutter and then keep swinging. Like it just swings through the flinch.
    Weird.

• @Terminally:

I used to think the same as you crushed, then I started using messer…

I started using maul.

Maul duels are funny, you can win in 1 hit if you get lucky and your headshot goes through because your opponent’s flinch didn’t register.

• @zombojoe:

I started using maul.

Maul duels are funny, you can win in 1 hit if you get lucky and your headshot goes through because your opponent’s flinch didn’t register.

I love/hate maul duels like that…

• @Retsnom:

Was it Hexen that had the extreme delayed flinch after the attack video? It also seems for some reason that I get flinched playing Maul but when I go up against a maul, I can never flinch it. Or it will flinch but then stutter and then keep swinging. Like it just swings through the flinch.
    Weird.

yeah seems to happen to me as well, it’s easier to flinch GS than the maul it seems.

• @Xylvion:

yeah seems to happen to me as well, it’s easier to flinch GS than the maul it seems.

There are a few people (one or two) I have seen on west coast pubs who I can never seem to flinch, doesn’t help that they use maul a lot…