HOLY SHIT FIX THE DAMN GAME

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBfWLkgy7t0

This is exactly the type of shit I go through every time I play chivalry now. I actually have it worse, with extreme packet loss issues that I like to call “spacewalking.”

What the fuck happened to the netcode.

This is Clayton’s video, btw. He highlights the bullshit pretty well. All of this shit happens so often now…

P.S.
    watch it to the end. it gets juicy towards the end.

• He has ~100 ping.
    If you want to play Chivalry without that kind of bullshit you need ping below 50 and 120fps+120hz monitor.

• I was in that game with Clayton (IGN is Renatus) and it was honestly pretty bad even for me. We need to dish out CONSTANT votekicks against the 200ers because either the ping kickers don’t work or tbs doesn’t want to enable them for some reason, and then, multiplayer servers. Switching to a new server host and enabling functioning ping kickers might help with this shit a lot.

• It’s simple - don’t play on official servers and don’t play with ping higher than 100 if you don’t want to get angry.

• So don’t play on populated servers?

servers with people actually playing in them?

• @JimmyTryhard:

So don’t play on populated servers?

servers with people actually playing in them?

In Yurop we have public clan nonmultiplay servers.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

In Yurop we have public clan nonmultiplay servers.

These are unpopular in the states for some reason. I have a nfo with high tickrate and an archer cap of 1 per side…gets no attention even though people whine in chat constantly about both archers and the terrible officials.

• Jimmy are you bipolar?

• Global Moderator

Yes learn how to bump threads.

Anyway the only time my game resembles that or anything you’ve described is when someone’s uploading something.

• @KILLBANDS:

Jimmy are you bipolar?

lol
    100lols

• @KILLBANDS:

Jimmy are you bipolar?

WHO KNOWS I JUST WANNA PLAY THE DAMN GAME

oh hi how are you today

BUT SRSLY.

At first, I thought the game was fine and that all the problems people complained about was just plain negativity. But now, after this week, I experienced all of it myself (karma), and now I am fucking pissed.

• Guide how to have fun in chivalry:
    1. Check if your ping is below 60
    2. If not go do something else

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Guide how to have fun in chivalry:
    1. Check if your ping is below 60
    2. If not go do something else

Rumpel’s average ping is around 100.
    Therefore Rumpel never had fun in Chivalry.

• @elwebbaro:

Rumpel’s average ping is around 100.
    Therefore Rumpel never had fun in Chivalry.

I actually had average ping of 60-80 before moving out few months ago. 100 is definitely not fun.

• polish internet needs to git gud

• @KILLBANDS:

Jimmy are you bipolar?

Hahaha, my sides are gone…

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I actually had average ping of 60-80 before moving out few months ago. 100 is definitely not fun.

Same here, moved across town and now I’m cursed with 60-90 ping on a good day…sigh I miss my good ping…

• More lag = More bullshit. Especially in a game like Chivalry where actions are based on precise timing. I don’t even try to adapt to the lag if I get more than 40-50 ms ping.

There’s not really much to complain about in Claytons video. He plays with 100 ping against players with about 100 ping they too. Of course it’s impossible to adapt when everything happens ages after reality. Take the halberd parrying as an obvious example. It takes 100ms for Clay to send his parry to the server, 100ms for RevelationX to receive the parry info, 100 ms to send a parry confirmation, and then 100ms for Clay to receive the parry confirm.

It would be nice if there were 32 player servers that didn’t quadruple your ping, though. Also, if the game actually ever were capable of updating at the max tickrate of a given server. But that’ll have to wait until Chivalry 2, I guess.

edit: i dun even no, 2eu lol

• @B4RK:

i dun even no, 2eu lol

+1

/10fukinchars

• 100 ping, playing against other people with 100+ ping, Multiplay 30 tick server filled with dozens of people…

I see shit like this happen a lot on official servers, but never on clan servers.